• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction UNKNOWN SUBSTANCE

MrsMeSeeks

Greenlighter
I feel like this is something no one ever talks about. How many people out there know someone who injected drugs and was never the same since? No I'm not talkin about the day someone become a junkie, I'm talking about the day that changed their life forever. Some people call it a bad shot or hot shot, whatever you want to call it.

Who does this to someone? What's happening to cause this? Why isn't someone responsible for the permanent damage they've caused?

That crazy man talking to the stairs.... He didn't always used to be like that. He used to be normal.

That girl who hears voices and thought you were saying bad things about her, didn't always used to be like that. She used to be normal.

The girl who talks about working with the feds and having broken glass in her head, she used to be normal.

I feel like there is a silent crime going on here in Laurel County and surrounding counties.

Someone should be held responsible.

Someone should be held responsible
Agreed. Accountability is crucial in harm reduction. Your post brought a tear and a bit of strength. There are a million things going on in this world that I focus on what is pertinent and spend energy in the places I feel may be of help.
If I ran across someone selling hot shots he would be in a hurt-locker somewhere. have to be on the scene thought for this to be effective, ya know?
Is this dealer a person you cop from?
Best,
Ptah

Last edited:
I feel like this is something no one ever talks about. How many people out there know someone who injected drugs and was never the same since? [...] Some people call it a bad shot or hot shot, whatever you want to call it.

There are indeed playground rumours of people being given intentionally toxic or overdosed doses of whatever drug. As to how often it occurs in the real world we all live in, I've never heard of anyone experiencing any such thing.

Who does this to someone? What's happening to cause this? Why isn't someone responsible for the permanent damage they've caused?

The rumor goes that clientele who are rude, or late payers, or whatever reason you want to imagine, are given doses of bleach, acid, etc. to inject.

Most dealers, being rational economic actors, would rather keep their clientele alive, so they can purchase more drugs. There is no incentive to intentionally give a paying customer a toxic shot - first off, you gain a reputation as a Bad Dude who might sell you poison, secondly you're removing a source of income permanently, thirdly in most jurisdictions people don't exactly turn a blind eye to people dying with a syringe still in their arm (and a toxicology test on the residue ion the syringe would no doubt doom you in court if it had stuff like arsenic or strychnine in it).

(I also would think twice before injecting a syringe of mystery liquid, without any inspection of the contents. You'd need to be pretty desperate to shoot up whatever happened to be loaded in a mystery rig. Actually, the IV users I know are all adamant about preparing their own shots. Maybe for that reason.)

My attitude towards risk - i'd say the onus is on the user of said drugs. As a consumer of psychoactives, you're responsible for knowing what you're taking and how much of it. Stay vigilant, do your due diligence with testing and analysis, and you'll be fine.

All things considered, I would be confident in saying that mistaken overdoses would be far more common than intentional malicious acts. If a dealer wants to be a meany-head then they can cut you off from your supply, they don't need to posion you.

That crazy man talking to the stairs.... He didn't always used to be like that. He used to be normal.
That girl who hears voices and thought you were saying bad things about her, didn't always used to be like that. She used to be normal.
The girl who talks about working with the feds and having broken glass in her head, she used to be normal.

Most of these people didn't suddenly just snap one day. Usually it's a gradual transition from reality, through eccentricity, to insanity.

I feel like there is a silent crime going on here in Laurel County and surrounding counties.

I hate to mention it, but this sounds a bit like the whole "gang stalking" meme, in that it revolves around a core belief that the average Joe is so morally bankrupt, so ethically devoid, so malicious, that they can be convinced/encouraged to just basically be a visible nuisance, to the exclusion of other activities you'd expect (hobbies, gorcery shopping, education, employment, socializing). Even more ridiculous is the idea that these agents provocateur are paid by the government to do so. How come I never see any job listings that read "Let all the air out of Bill X's tires every Tuesday morning, and leave a flaming bag of dogshit on the front porch every Saturday"?

There's a saying I picked up called Jick's law. It reads: In the real world, it's possible to randomly punch strangers in the stomach. What stops us from doing this? The fact that we're not assholes, that's what.

Last edited:
It is possible a group of highly wealthy or those who wish to lower populations to introduce a drug that if taken would cause permanent damage.

I wouldn’t put it past the realm of possibilities in today’s society.

It is possible a group of highly wealthy or those who wish to lower populations to introduce a drug that if taken would cause permanent damage.

Already done. It's called fentanyl, maybe you've heard about it. It's killed more people and ruined more lives than any hot-shot could ever do. As a sick twist, people actually grow ro prefer the cheap lethal fentanyl over actual heroin. People will actively pay their dealers to get more of the stuff, all while complaining about their addiction.

It's not a reliable cause of permanent physical damage, more correctly it causes death from respiratory depression or aspiration of vomit.

Physical damage is usually otherwise limited to the usual track marks and occasional case of "Saturday night palsy" - nerve damage sustained from nodding out and inadvertently compressing a nerve or artery in your arm/leg. My good friend who used IV fentanyl, one night nodded out in a funny position, and compressed a nerve in his leg. After 30 minutes or so of this, he woke up with a funny feeling and found he lost most of the feeling in that leg as well as its range of motion, He was relegated to walking with crutches as a result. Thankfully, the nerve managed to heal gradually, but it took the better p;art of two weeks before he could lose the crutches entirely.

Paul Janssen is rolling in his grave. He never meant for any of this. Fentanyl was supposed to be the better version of morphine, for medical use as an anesthetic/analgesic, not a recreational drug, heroin analog, or plain and simple scourge of society. It was supposed to help heal, not to take lives away.

Last edited:
Agreed. Accountability is crucial in harm reduction. Your post brought a tear and a bit of strength. There are a million things going on in this world that I focus on what is pertinent and spend energy in the places I feel may be of help.
If I ran across someone selling hot shots he would be in a hurt-locker somewhere. have to be on the scene thought for this to be effective, ya know?
Is this dealer a person you cop from?
Best,
Ptah
I know the victim. I don't know who did it to her and she isn't able to tell me who did it to her.

I don't think these other responders know exactly what I'm talking about.
It's not usually the dealers who do it. Just an unstable/jealous/scared/ignorant individual who could do that to someone.

I just want to help her. It breaks my heart. She's 19 years old but now has the mentality of a child. People try and take advantage of her often too. She needs to be supervised and guided 24/7.

How can I help her?

I know the victim. I don't know who did it to her and she isn't able to tell me who did it to her.

I don't think these other responders know exactly what I'm talking about.
It's not usually the dealers who do it. Just an unstable/jealous/scared/ignorant individual who could do that to someone.

I just want to help her. It breaks my heart. She's 19 years old but now has the mentality of a child. People try and take advantage of her often too. She needs to be supervised and guided 24/7.

How can I help her?
She is receiving care then I’m assuming, by medical professionals?

It’s hard to help someone with severe impairment but the best you can do is just be there for her. Be a friend, listen to her, try to find things she enjoys to participate and engage her. I work with adults with mental disabilities through injury and the thing is they lose all their friends, they only ever have family visiting them. It’s so sad to see because there is definitely a sense of loss that the person who is afflicted goes through.

We try to go by the scientific method here. We want the information to be as accurate as possible, but at the same time, the drug world is loaded with conjecture and myth.
This can make things really difficult.

I comment on some things that I haven't even seen or experienced only because I have what I believe to be reliable data allowing me to do so. Without any data, we cant really say that anything is or is not true.

However, Harm Reduction seems to be gaining steam and we have more un-biased knowledge than ever before.

I'm not saying one way or the other, but I believe that "hot shots" or whatever are mostly an urban legend.

Is it true that someone can easily fuck up a person by injecting them with something? Yes. Is this just something that a cabal of drug dealers discuss at their union meetings? Is a hot shot a standardized form or punishment/torture? I do not believe so.

My logic behind this, is any profit-focused drug dealer would be hesitant to kill a paying customer, for a couple of reasons:
1. Every dead customer represents a loss of potential future sales
2. It's awful PR, nobody will want to do business with a dealer that might kill them
3. Legally speaking, premediated murder is a whole different ball game than drug sales.