Unknown substance in Blue Squirrels

woodpecker said:
Are you saying the white specks have something to do with the unknown substance?

That's a good question. Did you notice any difference in the visuals between the pills with white specks, vs. the ones that did not? Or did you even notice at the time?

Sorry, curious mind here. :)
~Ravenous

Does anyone know if the pink tanks are from this same presser? I have some of these, and they look very similar to the images of the squirrels and they were weird pills. Dilated pupils, feeling cold, jaw tremors, & crazy dream like CEVs when laying down. No happy feelings though. No love. Tested well with Marquis & Mecke.

djfriendly said:
"Unknown substance" typically has meant, in the past, the presence of a "reearch chemical" for which DDL, the lab which does the testing, does not have reference sample. They can see that there is a substance which is likely a drug, but have no comparison for finding out what it is.

its possible that a side reaction occured in the production of these pills that would cause trace amounts of some other related chemicals to show up but as stated the lab may not have a sample of every obscure chemical to compare it to. for example i have found no reports of MBDB, MMDA, DMMDA-2 etc, so its completely possible the presence of an unknown substance could be some other phenathalimine

While I lack the background to explain this fully, here is the story in a nutshell:

Most of the active drugs we know share various kinds of physical properties, and so when chemists analyze an unknown drug, they may recognize a certain type of "signature" as being very similar to that of another known drug, but not have a sample "signature" to accurately match it up.

In practical terms, if a pill contains 2C-T-xyz, but the lab (DDL in California in the case of Ecstasydata) has no reference for what 2C-T-yxz looks like to their instruments, they may still see that it contains a likely active drug, and note that the sample contains an "unknown substance," if it looks like a filler it won't be reported, or obviously every tablet would be labeled with myriad ingredients! :)