• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Unknown compound hunt

lil_smock

Greenlighter
There is this interview posted by Hamilton Morris called "A Four Hour Conversation With Dr. David Nichols" in which Hamilton talks about some novel compounds after the 3 hour mark but he keeps bleeping the names out, it is also mentioned towards the end around 3h 57 min mark. I'm not that deep into chemestry to figure out exactly what he's talking about but I'm sure someone with more experience could figure it out. It really peaked my interest and curiosity. It would be wonderful if anybody could enlighten me about what those compounds are that he's trying to hide.

Well I'm not a huge fan of MH, but if you post the video, I'm willing to take a look. Is it possible to lip-read?

At 3.57.59 it's such a short word I think it can only be 'RC'.

Looked around 3 hour mark but didn't find beeps. So will range out. Nope, still cannot find them.

People haven't even produced MDAR as an RC and I don't know why. We had about 50 people try it and one quote was 'this is the best drug, legal or illegal, I have ever experienced'.

It's example 13 in the original GI Poos patent. It isn't really novel.

I DID tell Nichols (I sent a QSAR) and his reply was kind and just ended 'Thanks - be careful'.

I presume they predicted it's effects and it was so. The effects are midway between MDA & MDMA - which makes sense.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer, there is another one at 3:25:20 when they talk about lsd derivates and he says 6-hidroxy beep, also at 3:37:56 is the other beep about a compound that 'is extremely active and unpleasant' but that might also be rc. Thanks again, really appreciate your input.

The latter is in TiHKAL, so I'm betting it's a 5-methoxy (since HM mentions it in relation to the <beep>). I'm betting

5-MEO-PYR-T​

The former is 6-hydroxy DMT.

The 13-methyl I discussed with Nichols, interestingly enough.

We both laughed at how tough it would be to make. In essence, I discovered that (R) 6,a-AMT is JUST like MDA and so wondered if such an LSD derivative would retain it's 5HT2a affinity and POSSIBLY have the releasing effects of MDA. We concluded it was unlikely to be useful. It was years ago when I was an even bigger idiot. BUT Nichols didn't say it would reduce 5HT2a affinity so the 13-methyl derivatives WOULD be legal... just impossible to make ;-)

Thanks for the great information, just one more thing, is MDAR just the enantiopure right isomer of MDA or it's another compound?

Also with the way in which AI is taking over all fields it's only a question of time until it will be used to come up with ways of creating compounds thought to be impossible to make. Actually Bryan Roth was doing some really interesting research using AI in the field of psychoactive drugs, something about DREADD technology, it's something crazy like creating new brain receptors that would react to new scaffolds of psychedelics, also supposedly getting those things into your brain using a virus. I heard about this two years ago, not sure what he accomplished since then or what he's up to...

MDAR is 5-(2H-1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)-4,5-dihydro-1,3-oxazol-2-amine

AK 3,4-MD-aminorex.

It's as potent (by weight) as MDA but since it's MW is higher, strictly speaking it's more potent.