• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin UNIQUE SITUATION!!! Neck IV, hard lump, but did not inject or, "miss?" Help! Please!

Hopel3ss

Greenlighter
UNIQUE SITUATION!!! Neck IV, hard lump, but did not inject or, "miss?" Help! Please!

Hello there,

I am new and couldn't find anything online about my very specific situation so I have solely created this account in an effort to hopefully get a solid answer regarding this potentially harmless to possibly fatal complication.

Starting from the bottom, I have been an IV heroin addict for 2 years now. Long story short I am now injecting into neck veins with absolutely no previous issues and have never once had an absence or any, "lumps" throughout the entire time I have been injecting heroin, wherever that may be on my body as I am very careful and use a new clean every time along with alcohol cleansing of the injection site before doing so, again, I have never had any hard lumps, cysts, abscesses, or any adverse issues, until now ...which brings me to the reason I'm posting here.

I was going about his daily business before work to get well, in this case, attempting to register via a neck vein. Again, new needle, everything sterile. When I was attempting to hit a vein on the left side of my neck (closer to the middle of neck but off to the left by about 2 1/2 inches) I felt a sharp pain, it felt as if the needle was stuck too far into my neck and hit more, "hard" or, "stiff" wall of possibly muscle or tissue. Upon experiencing this pain my I IMMEDIATELY pulled the rig out.

It's very important that I make it clear that I DID NOT MISS or even attempt to push the plunger down, no heroin was injected when I felt this pain. 45 minutes later I noticed swelling in the area where the, "stabbing" pain was originally felt, along with, "bruise-like" pain.

2 days later there is now a football shaped hard lump in area, still with a, "bruise-like" pain and it's very tender to the touch. I can not look all the way up moving my head up without experiencing pain.

4 days later (current date & time: 6/30/2017 1:05am) the hard and, "tender" lump has not grown in size, has not gotten harder, there is no redness and does not itch however the type and level of pain described at the 2 day mark is still exactly as it was at that time. A bruise-like, tender to the touch pain wherein it hurts me if I look up towards the ceiling for example.

Now, first off, should I be worried? It's not growing in size, symptom or pain. Could this just be the result of myself irritating deep tissue within my neck when I, "stabbed" that hard inner wall that I've described?

Has this exact situation happened to anyone else wherein you merely poked an area within your body, DID NOT attempt to register or inject, but a hard, tender, painful, bruise-like lump appeared? If so, how did it play out? I am of course specifically interested in responses from people who have experienced this issue in their neck however PLEASE do not refrain from posting your experience and the result if your experience meets the above criteria but simply happened in a different area of the body.

Anyways, because I am new here I hope my post is acceptable and follows the rules. I tried to mimic posts I've read in the past on here. I've been a long term reader and fan and have received a lot of knowledge from this website that I'm sure has kept me abscess and infection free up until now.

However, it seems that I am now the one in need and I am posting here seeking responses from people who have had a similar experience and wouldn't mind sharing to give me some peace of mind concerning my health. With that being said, I really look forward to hearing back from the community that has already given me so much.

p.s. please refrain from replying to my thread if what you have to say is merely conjecture and is based on theory. This is a very serious issue that I've read can be either FATAL or even harmless so PLEASE avoid giving me information that is derived outside of personal experience, thanks!

sounds painful! i don't have a lot of IV experience, and certainly nothing neck-centric, but i saw a friend hit himself in the neck before and your description of it kinda reminded me of what he was describing - we think he hit a nerve and then that shock made him actually knock the pin in a bit further. by the next day he basically had a goiter aha

so, this is just a guess - but I think you hit an artery, just nicked it - and the darkening lump is all the blood that got discharged from the event. Your neck vein/arteries are super close together. you should research this. if you HAD pushed that down, pretty sure we wouldn't be speaking to you. arterial shots are horrible, neck arterial shots = death. please be safe. good luck

Omg dude thank god i read this thread this early to reply to you, GO TO THE HOSPITAL ASAP .
I had this same thing happen when I was 1000% positive I didn't miss but a lump grew and I thought o was fine but the pain steady got worse, until 5-6 days after I went to the ER told them the truth and they cut it open puss squirted out everywhere , they injected it with litocain to numb it and sliced it with a scalpel .

I'm telling you man, this scinario that you're are going through was something I always thought about and imagined if it happened to someone what the possible ways to help would be.

I used to shoot my friend in the neck everyday he couldn't do it alone, I remember the daily pressure of having to be responsible for such seriousness ....

Go to the ER and tell them the absolute truth, I thought about lying but in the end they really don't give a fuck their job isn't to judge you it's to heal you and they need to know how based on what you tell them. I'm glad I went that day, because I was trying to convince myself it's okay and told my parents it was a spider bite and thank god cause the lady at the ER said wouldn't have been wise at all to keep waiting to where it becomes resistnent

If you are uncomfortable just showing up at a hospital with this, get in touch with your local needle exchange to find out which hospitals are less antagonistic when it comes to treating IDUs.

Sounds like a gland, they make hormones and blood cells and stuff and if you grazed one with the needle it would swell up. You could go to the doctor and he wouldn't assume it to be anything to do with IVing, if that's what's stopping you from getting it looked at. I guess if he saw a track mark he might be suspicious idk. Other scenario is that you were bleeding (blown vein or something) and that's just what bled out before it clotted.
Or you might've got like an infection, in which case you should go to the hospital. You wouldn't really know though, I guess if the pain spreads then get to the ER straight away

Please see some type of medical professional just to be sure. There are so many sensitive things in the neck area, it could range from just a cyst to a severe problem. Don't mess around with waiting because you're afraid of what they'll say. It may be infected and that can spread to the blood very quickly...and super quickly to the brain. Let us know how you're doing, please.

op, anything? are you ok??

Go to the hospital, you can amputate a leg or arm when it gets out of hand, but you can't do that to your neck ...

༼ (ツ ༎༼ (ツ༎༽(ツ ༎༽ best wishes from us all OP ༼ (ツ༎༽(ツ ༎༽

One time I shot up in my arm and the entire thing swelled up about 3x in size for about a week. I later found out that it was because I hit a nerve. Apparently just nicking it would be enough to do that. Good thing you pulled out! You should be ok within a week. I never went to the hospital but this was in my arm and not my neck.

My advice would be go to the hospital. But if your not going to the hospital immediately.. If it doesn't go down in a week then go asap!

But yeah don't do that unless you know what your doing!
Check out this site about the most safe and dangerous places to inject.

https://www.heroinhelper.com/user/admin/where.shtml

put ice on the bad shot, I Fucked my whole body, the veins in my neck, arms, legs, feet, once I shot myself in the face,