• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Unintended SSRI Discontinuation - I Feel Stoned

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
So I haven't had my Sertraline (250mg/day) for three days (today's day 4; I'm calling my doctor for a same-day prescription) and I don't feel the typical withdrawal...just fuzzy and a little like I've had some low-grade weed. I'm normally anxious and can't stop crying by this time.
Is this normal? I'm sweaty and a little shaky, too.

Any brain zappy symptoms? That is typically the most commonly reported and worst part of ssri withdrawls.

Any brain zappy symptoms? That is typically the most commonly reported and worst part of ssri withdrawls.

Nothing like that, but I do keep getting this "fuzzy brain" (similar to when you get general anesthetic, the feeling when it hits your brain before you go unconscious) thing that I normally get before a seizure which is a bit worrying.

Nothing like that, but I do keep getting this "fuzzy brain" (similar to when you get general anesthetic, the feeling when it hits your brain before you go unconscious) thing that I normally get before a seizure which is a bit worrying.

That is worrying. Let us know if you're ok and get to your Doctors please,you could end up fitting.

How come you've stopped taking them?

That is worrying. Let us know if you're ok and get to your Doctors please,you could end up fitting.

How come you've stopped taking them?

I've called my doctor but I can't pick the script up for another 4-5 hours.
I just ran out. I ran out of opioids at the same time as them as I'd been sick (unrelated) and slept like 27 hours so I missed the whole day I was supposed to get more of them. I was so ill from 2 days of opiate withdrawal, I was 100% focused on my morphine and dihydrocodeine and then when I got THEM I went a bit OTT and slept 22 hours so missed my Sertraline AGAIN. So it's my fault really. I do have brain damage (linked to the seizures) that significantly effects my short-and intermediate term memories too, though so sometimes I don't realize I was supposed to call for my script until I'm suddenly in withdrawal and realize why.

Well at the very least take some consolation in the fact that neither of those drugs are life threatening as far as withdrawls go. Hope you feel better soon