• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Uni-sharp syringes

BoMbInArT

Greenlighter
Hiya first post here, just a fellow swimmer haha. Seriously though my purpose for posting this query today is about a specific brand of syringes. Swim has bought countless boxes of diabetic syringes all over, from Walmart to Walgreens and even Amazon and the needle exchange, and wiithout fail there is always 1/4 of them that come, at least it seems this way haha, pre-barbed and super bured with no reason at all. Given how often SWIM Iv's illicit chemicals it gets quite annoying. Long story short Before SWIM got sick and got sober 5 years ago then recently relapsed his friend told him about a brand that was specifically for iv use and the best harm reduction Rigs out there. Uni-sharp to be specific, SWIM haS tried doing more research but can't find really anything that's relevant and when he tries purchasing some it turns out it's a UK based company. Does anyone have any leads or ideas, SWIM doesn't have a medical liscence haha that's why there is 5 boxes of sharps in customs going nowhere so just ordering is out the window. Thank you for taking the time to read SWIM's contrive and unnecessarily long question.

The site frowns on the "SWIM" thingy. Unisharp is available online through wholesale Harm Reduction sites. Pretty colours but if you are looking for reviews I cannot help as I have never used them.

Ahhh understandable haha, I thought this site did use the term been awhile since I've been on here. They are still available to US residents? I have yet to find any websites that offer this without some sort of medical license or certification. Can you please suggest or point me in the direction of a good website? "I will delete thread after haha

The site frowns on the "SWIM" thingy. Unisharp is available online through wholesale Harm Reduction sites. Pretty colours but if you are looking for reviews I cannot help as I have never used them.

Swim has bought countless boxes of diabetic syringes all over, from Walmart to Walgreens and even Amazon and the needle exchange, and wiithout fail there is always 1/4 of them that come, at least it seems this way haha, pre-barbed and super bured with no reason at all
That doesn't sound good at all - have you tried reaching out to the needle and syringe program you received the equipment from? From what you've shared it appears as if it's happened on multiple occasions. I'm not sure what the process would be, but if this information was feed back to a supplier, I'd hope they would take action to remember the situation and ensure a quality product.

Does anyone have any leads or ideas, SWIM doesn't have a medical liscence haha that's why there is 5 boxes of sharps in customs going nowhere so just ordering is out the window
From you're post, I'm assuming your experience is in North America? Have you had a look at NEXT Distro?

friend told him about a brand that was specifically for iv use and the best harm reduction Rigs out there. Uni-sharp to be specific
Exchange Supplies Unisharp needles and syringes are well thought-out with the coloured caps and plungers (to reduce receptive sharing) and low dead-space design (to decrease risk of transmission of blood borne viruses), however, personal preference often results in people choosing other brands/manufacturers such as the BD ultra-fine (29g) or Terumo insulin syringes (27g/29g). While Unisharps are fantastic (in some people's experiences), for me the priority would be to ensure that I'am able to access sterile syringes and appropriate needle (sharp and correct size gauge for me needs). With you sharing that getting equipment through other sources hasn't always resulted in you receiving appropriate equipment, hopefully others can suggest local sources and supplies for you.