• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Unexpected long headache with Tramadol

ItsclearlyFake

Bluelighter
I know some side effects of opiates are headaches but this one was unexpected, and I would like to know if there is something I can do to avoid it in the future.

I took only 50mg, had eaten little before, ate a big meal 1 hour after dosing and went to sleep (horrible idea I know). I woke up with headache and It lasted 6 hours more until I could not take it anymore and I just took a paracetamol and drank 2 beers.

I don´t understand what went wrong, I used tramadol in the past and never experienced 'post-sleep' headache .

Probably was because I did such little dosage? In the past im used to do about 150mg-200mg.

Maybe a combination of low dose + 0 tolerance + eating big meal + going to sleep caused it? I would like to know how can I avoid it because in the next time. Thank you

Nothing jumps out at me, but personally, I’ve found tramadol ALWAYS gives me a nasty headache - and I’m not prone to headaches. But I’ve never taken it consistently, only used it a few times for menstrual cramps when I had no opiates. So maybe headaches are more common when you’re first taking it/haven’t yet adapted?

But maybe it’s mostly due to the nap? Naps usually leave me feeling crappy. Or a combo of readjusting to the tramadol & the nap…

Or it was something else altogether. Can you describe the headache in any more detail?

Yes this happens..it's like your body is screaming for water and other nutrition but I can say that at least for me, it was like mandatory for me to find some Xanax or ativan just to melt away that headache and speedy feel..it's of course not the best HR because benzos and opioids is problematic in many many ways but at least for me if I couldn't get hands on some, I would take ibuprofen or Tylenol as directed and/or smoke some green.

Could be a constipation issue? It came to the point where I was so high all the time with a stomach full of trams, that I even had a harder time taking a piss! It got crazy to the point that it really bothered me and made me a bit insecure.