• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Unexpected Changes

Cannix

Greenlighter
Recently I have had my normal dose of Hydros affect me differently than usual. With no break in usage or other changes my medication is now giving me anxiety at my usual dose (30mg). Also I feel as if it is affecting me differently than it has been for years. It’s almost as if I’m opiate naive again without the benefits. It’s a crapshoot on if I’m going to enjoy the ride or be a bubbling mess of anxious panic. Have any of my fellow travelers ever had this happen to them?

Anxiety is a strange side effect to have... it may not be due to the opioid.

What sort of other changes have happened in your routine? Do your pills come from a pharmacy?

Yea they do come from a pharmacy. The only actual difference is that I take everything early in the day now where as I used to wait until I got home. That’s it, otherwise same pills same dose same everything. Don’t wanna say shit to doc cause they will just pull em.

You take them daily?
Could be a tolerance thing.
Despite people believing that tolerance means you get nothing from it at all, you can still be tolerant to something & still get the side effects (i.e. - sedation, feeling 'high').

I some times get all of that from my buprenorphine, even tho I'm extremely tolerant to it.

Could the anxiety be slight withdrawal? Do you take your hydros every 4hrs?
Last time I used hydrocodone, I found myself feeling a bit of withdrawal around 3-4hrs into it.
And if you're not dosing every few hours, then you will have withdrawals (which will cause anxiety).

That is actually a interesting theory! I have cut my dosage back a bit and pushed out to longer intervals. I wonder if I am doing it to myself…I will do a normal dose that I did before today and report back.

That is actually a interesting theory! I have cut my dosage back a bit and pushed out to longer intervals. I wonder if I am doing it to myself…I will do a normal dose that I did before today and report back.
That could do it!!
If you notice the anxiety creeping in around that 3-4hr mark after dosing, you very well could be giving yourself slight withdrawals in between your doses.
That's the one unfortunate thing about the shorter acting agonists like hydrocodone. I found I basically had to dose every few hours all day long, otherwise I'd start to feel sore & anxious & shitty.

Hope you can get it worked out OP! Good luck!

So today I basically did what I said I would and I think I have it sorted. There is something going on with my allergies or something of that sort. I took a Claritin and it helped me realize that I was possibly getting anxiety due to just feeling off. I have taken my normal 8 pills today over the course of 12 hours and I feel pretty decent aside from just a bit dizzy. I guess the hydros were just aggravating that issue. I’m not totally sure about all this but I do feel like I’m on the right track. I appreciate the input on this matter thoroughly!