⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Underworld: Blood Wars

Shale

Bluelighter
Underworld: Blood Wars
Movie Blurb by Shale
January 13, 2017

Finally, I got to see this movie. Originally, it was to open last November but got moved, then when it opened last week it was either 3-D or Dolby and overpriced so I didn't see it. But, today it was at the normal senior matinee price.

I am into Vampire movies for some reason - have them all on DVD from Blade, Interview With the Vampire, Dracula, Dracula Untold, Queen of the Damned, Fright Night, Priest, Daybreakers, Twilight series and all 4 of the Underworld series. (Yeah, got the 1922 Nosferatu also).

Which, brings me to something you need to know about this movie. It is for fans of Underworld and references things over the 15 century history of those other 4 movies and is a direct sequel to the 4th one, Underworld Awakening. They do a recap of that movie before the opening credits roll for those who did not just rewatch it like I did.

The story continues from that with Lycans and Vampires at war with each other and the Lycans gaining power with their very strong leader Marius (Tobias Menzies). Both are looking for the fugitive Death Dealer, Selene (Kate Beckinsale - who might actually be a vampire because she has not aged in the 13 years of this series). She still has one friend the vampire David (Theo James) whose life she saved with her enhanced powers from Corvinus.

Selene War Wounds
Underworld-Blood-Wars-700x300.png

There is a Council Member on the Eastern Coven, Semira (Lara Pulver) who with the aid of Cassius (James Faulkner), David's Father, convinces the council to pardon Selene for killing two vampire leaders, Viktor and Marcus because they need her to train young Death Dealers for the fight against the Lycans.

Cassius, Semira & David
underworld-blood-wars-1.jpg

OK, I am assuming those who have read this far know of what I am referring. If you don't you will be lost to the story of this movie and will just have to settle for the action scenes of beautiful ppl fighting ugly monsters. Also, just as in previous movies there are intrigues, treachery and infighting within the vampire coven. I guess after living with someone for a thousand years they can get on your nerves.

David & Eastern Coven Ready to Fight Lycans
underworld-blood-wars-2.jpg

There will be a new Nordic Coven in this movie that gives sanctuary to Selene & David and join them in the fight.

This isn't much of a blurb. If you are a fan like me, you will go see this movie no matter what anyone says, such as the aggregate reviewers at Rotten Tomatoes that gave it a 19% Fresh. Their consensus was "Underworld: Blood Wars delivers another round of the stylized violence that the series is known for, but – like many fifth franchise installments – offers precious little of interest to the unconverted." I suppose the converted would be me.

I've seen the first movie and part of the second. They were just too silly for me to ever give the rest of this series a chance. I always lump the Underworld and Resident Evil movies as one and the same. The only difference between the two is that Underworld is fucking married to that blue filter. Blue, blue, blue! All I see is blue! If I wanted to sit through a terrible blue franchise, I'd watch the Smurfs. I haven't seen Underworld: Blue Wars and I never will, but I'm going to give it a 1 out of 10. And that 1 would be for Kate Beckinsale's ass, which is a perfect 10. I mean, it was in the first Underworld. That was fourteen years ago. It might have fallen on hard times since then. Gravity is a bitch.

... The only difference between the two is that Underworld is fucking married to that blue filter. Blue, blue, blue! All I see is blue! If I wanted to sit through a terrible blue franchise, I'd watch the Smurfs. I haven't seen Underworld: Blue Wars and I never will, but I'm going to give it a 1 out of 10. And that 1 would be for Kate Beckinsale's ass, which is a perfect 10. I mean, it was in the first Underworld. That was fourteen years ago. It might have fallen on hard times since then. Gravity is a bitch.

I have a fetish love of BLUE. Everything I own is BLUE. Maybe that is why I love these movies so much. :)
SbLwOWg.jpg

BTW, as mentioned above, Kate Beckinsale may be a vampire because she hasn't aged in those 13 years. And, she has certainly been the draw in these movies.

I like the color blue, but I don't like my movies to look like they were bathed in blue. It just completely takes me out of the movie.