• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

understanding half-life calculation

xivixive

Bluelighter
need a little help understanding half-life elimination rates....

is the half-life of a drug dose dependent?

for example, internet says the half-life of kratom is just under 40 hours, making it detectable 9 days after the dose (on the long side - i assume this is because of different strains, but nowhere can i find which strain corresponds to difference in length of half-life...)

so if i take 5 grams of kratom, is it eliminated in the same amount of time as if i were to take 20 grams? or since 20 grams is so much larger of a dose, is the length of time it gets to be absolutely 0 - no detectable amount what so ever, much longer? to me it makes sense that the larger dose would linger and take longer to reach 0, but i don't know if that is correct or not. like if you took 50 grams would the amount of time it takes to get to 0 be about one month?

Typically, like with cocaine, weed, and other illicit drugs, the amount you use very much effects the rate at which it is eliminated. I don't see why Kratom would be any different, although you'tre right, the research on Kratom is very minimal and most articles don't mention that the amount of drug used effects the elimination rate.