• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Under Surveillance. Need serious advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristBait

Bluelighter
I'm not too sure where to post this and I don't know if this is even the right forum for this thread, but I don't know where else to turn at this point.

So last night I got into an altercation with my landlord. He had a few beers and starts accusing me of wanting to kill him because thats apparently what the cops told him. He said his detective friend told him they heard me on the phone saying how I wanted to kill him. At first I thought he was just trippin cuz he was drunk. But this morning I got up and asked him if it was true. He said it was. He told me how the police called him in last week and talked to him. They told him they had been monitoring my calls for quite some time now. Apparently on one of these calls they claimed I was talking to someone about how I wanted to kill my landlord. I seriously have no clue as to what they're talking about cuz never have I ever said this to anyone. Admittedly, I did talk to my friend once about how I wanted to rob my landlords house after I moved out cuz of the way he's been treating me and jacking up the rent. But he said they are more concerned about getting me for all the drugs I've been doing. I've never sold drugs before but I have copped for my friends before. In the last year or so I've been using heroin pretty heavily and started slamming it a few months ago. I've hit up my connects before on the phone and do talk about the dope from time to time and I go score every day. My landlord told me the reason the cops haven't popped me yet is cuz they're just trying to get more dirt on me so they can put me away longer, like they're doing with all the addicts here in town. Just a couple days ago on the front page of the paper they had an article about all the heroin busts that have been going on and how they busted over 30 people in stings and raids. I really don't think my landlord is lying to me about this and they told him not to tell me about my phone being bugged. If anything, I can go down for conspiracy and possibly other charges. I could be looking at some serious pen time for this.
Now I just don't understand why the cops are going after someone like me. Its not like I'm selling or doing anything illegal other than buying and occasionally copping for friends. They should be focusing on the bigger fish like dealers and pushers. Why would they try to bring up charges for someone thats only buying and using. I was already planning on going to rehab later this month and getting off the drugs and getting my life back on track. I'm working a full-time job and despite being a heroin addict I consider myself to be a functioning addict and a productive member of society. Now all of a sudden I'm looking at jail time for doing nothing other than hurting myself.
Another thing is my best friend, who's in recovery right now and working a program, talks to me on the phone all the time and in the last couple days we've talked about him trying to come up and start slangin, and he just copped quite a bit and has alot of clientele now. Chances are they've tapped his phone too.

I honestly don't know what to do at this point. Should I start looking for a good lawyer?

Your landlord knows about your drug use and that's unfortunate. But if you've never made threats against him, I don't see how they can arrest you. Don't keep drugs in your home aside from personal use and stop copping for your friends. It's good you're planning on rehab, follow through with that. Honestly your landlord sounds paranoid.

Sounds to me like your landlord might be tapping your phone line as he seems to know way to much about your life and it doesn't seem like something police officers would be telling him. Sounds like he is trying to scare you out of there. Hard to tell but if you can somehow correctly document your landlord telling you that the cops called him in and gave him information about you, sounds like grounds for dismissal. So I'm not sure really.

Move out. Stop talking about anything drug related on the phone (even in code).

Im with Bagochina. Sounds like he just wants you gone and hes using a scare tactic lie. Is it a landline? That would make it easy for him to listen in.
You might be small potatoes but they can flip you for big potatoes so you are a commodity to the police and their long lost drug war.

I think you're all right. I wouldn't put it past him to do something like that to try to get me to straighten up. He's well aware of my drug use and even though he doesn't enable me, the other day he even loaned me some money to go score, knowing full well where the money was going. He's always imploring me to go to rehab and get clean, which I already plan on doing. He says if I do that I can stay there but if I don't he's kicking me out. Either way I think I'm going to check into rehab and find a different place after I get out.

Move out. Sounds like he's playing up his line a bit because he's afraid you might corpse out in his gaff.

If you need to bum money to score then how do you plan on paying for rehab?

Get out, and try and reduce your usage.

Good luck, be careful.

it sounds like bullshit tbph. why would the cops tell him that they're investigating you? and if that was the case, why would he tell you?

it sounds like he's bullshitting you. either way, the solution is to simply dump anything illegal down the toilet, and stop doing drugs for a while until the heat blows over. stop talking on the phone. i also strongly advise moving out as soon as you can.

Kill my landlord, kill my landlord
Bark doggy bark, do he bite?
Kill my landlord, kill my landlord.

I highly doubt that the police are actually going after you etc. You have already said that your landlord isn't treating you well and there is obvious friction between you and him. He may know about your drug use and is simply scaring you into leaving.

Unless your dealing, then as you already have stated, why would the police waste their time 'bugging' your phone or putting you under investigation etc.

I would bet the landlord is messing with your head - there is also a chance that he or one of your other neighbors may have heard parts of your telephone conversations and they are filling in the blanks etc.

Now I just don't understand why the cops are going after someone like me. Its not like I'm selling or doing anything illegal other than buying and occasionally copping for friends. They should be focusing on the bigger fish like dealers and pushers. Why would they try to bring up charges for someone thats only buying and using.[/] I was already planning on going to rehab later this month and getting off the drugs and getting my life back on track. I'm working a full-time job and despite being a heroin addict I consider myself to be a functioning addict and a productive member of society. Now all of a sudden I'm looking at jail time for doing nothing other than hurting myself.
Another thing is my best friend, who's in recovery right now and working a program, talks to me on the phone all the time and in the last couple days we've talked about him trying to come up and start slangin, and he just copped quite a bit and has alot of clientele now. Chances are they've tapped his phone too.

I honestly don't know what to do at this point. Should I start looking for a good lawyer?

Okay firstly " if cops where after you" I can answer a few questions, you asked why don't the police just go after the dealers and pushers? Why are they after someone like me that just cops drugs for friends and uses. That is simple they want they people who buy drugs and you said you get them for your friends aye? Well they want you to "snitch" to get names of the big time dealers. And lets just say you are not selling to your friends and just buying and using that's still illegal.

My words of advice get clean & stop being paranoid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZKWoJPM8Zw

1. Move.
2. Get a new phone.
3. Never talk about drugs over the phone.
4. Never gets drugs for your friends.
5. Keep your drug use QUIET.

get out of there, and use some sense when talking over the phone. unless you're switching track phones every couple weeks or something.

in general these days be careful about all electronic communication and use overkill to hide your identity if you're incriminating yourself on any of these mediums. such as switching pre-paids every week like i said.

Last edited by a moderator:
bluelight is in general a harm reduction forum, since this is turning into a discussion of how to evade law enforcement it is no longer appropriate. That's not what we're about, and also don't allow legal discussion, as laws are greatly different depending on locality. Closed. PM any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.