• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Unbelievably short dxm trip. Has this happened to you?

Seimboz

Greenlighter
I took only about 650mgs of dxm the other day. Shortly after I drove to the mall walked around a bit and then when I started to feel it I sat in the food court for about 20 minutes or so when I started to loose focus of time. When I stood up everything went dark like i had low blood sugar and then I closed my eyes and had a little bit of visuals. When I opened my eyes things were a bit dim and I had that thing where when you move your hand you can see the motion of it like when neo from the matrix goes super fast. I forget the specific word for it. As you can imagine I had that weird sensation walking thinking I was walking weird so I tried to to walk normal which made me look weird. I then sat down and just thought I'm fine nothing is wrong with me. And closed my eyes for a few seconds and just kept thinking that. All and all it was only an hour long trip on 650mg. It wasn't a bad trip or anything it was great but Im just wondering if this has happened to anyone before. Only about a 45 minute to an hour trip. I had the most positive euphoric after glow and I was able to drive home perfectly normal without scaring my girlfriend at all. I just can't get over that it only last that short though

Ya that's weird dxm typically lasts longer than an hour. Especially at such a high dose

Strange. Anyway I'm moving this to Other Drugs since it's really a discussion thread, not a trip report.

TR -> OD

Have you taken DXM before? If so did you trip for longer? Because people metabolise DXM very differently which is why you should always do an allergy test before taking it in higher doses for the first time.

If it was your first DXM experience it is possible you are a fast metaboliser but I also never heard of this, only the opposite: people tripping for days from relatively lower doses because of enzyme deficiency.

Have you taken DXM before? If so did you trip for longer? Because people metabolise DXM very differently which is why you should always do an allergy test before taking it in higher doses for the first time.

If it was your first DXM experience it is possible you are a fast metaboliser but I also never heard of this, only the opposite: people tripping for days from relatively lower doses because of enzyme deficiency.

This
DXM is metabolized mostly by CYP 2D6 and this enzyme shows a large phenotypical variability, so as Zerwas said, you could be a fast metabolizer.

And never drive after taking drugs, even if you feel like you've come down!

Lol i know what youre saying it was a trip report yet discussion but yeah ive done it before that was my first time in a very long time. the next week only took 300mg and it lasted hours i dont know what went wrong that day

Did you feel any strange effect prior to feeling 'sober' again, and how was the DXM consumed? Just asking because if you're getting your dosage via a cough syrup then I could imagine a few possibilities.

When my DXM experiences were cut short it was always a very anxious/bodily concious final 20 minutes prior to the DXM vacating.

Sounds as if you had a pretty cruisey time up until you found yourself sober earlier than expected, so luckily nothing negative as far as the liver goes.

If you find yourself in a 'strange' state for the next 7+ days then it could be the start of something psychological, depending on how long youve been using DXM.

Just a few points from my own experience. It was all profound explodation until I hit that wall. No dose has had the magic the fist year of dosing did. Now it just puts me sideways.