View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

unbelievably positive experience

red22

Bluelighter
I did 10 mg of DOC (each tab was supposedly 5 mg, although I don't know if that's true) and when the effects started to get intense, I thought I had made a huge mistake. My visual perception started to get all messed up and I started to lose body awareness. Thankfully all the reports I had read of more experienced individuals made me realize that what I was experiencing was normal and that if I would just stop worrying about my change in perception, everything would be fine. To my surprise, it worked beautifully and the visuals actually died down to the point where I could simply walk around the town and speak to people. And what happened after the initial disorientation was incredible. I experienced a state that can be described as a strengthened state of mind. Kind of like that movie Limitless. I don't know what else to say. Anyway, what I'm wondering is was this unique to DOC? Can a person achieve the same thing from LSD — highly psychedelic state of mind, but still not so many visuals that they can't walk around town and talk to people.

LSD and PSILOCYBIN are safer if you are exploring higher doses. 10mg is an abnormally high dose and I experienced physical complications from less. Some of my most profound social psychedelic experiences have been from LSD too.

I wouldn't take 10mg of DOC personally. However, to your point, I also get that effect from DOC... once the peak wears down I feel like everything is working in perfect harmony... I am able to converse and write and function on a different level, while accompanied by a beautiful zen-like euphoria. I get that from LSD sometimes, but not in the same way. The effect is the strongest with DOC of anything I've ever tried.

I did 10 mg of DOC (each tab was supposedly 5 mg, although I don't know if that's true) and when the effects started to get intense, I thought I had made a huge mistake. My visual perception started to get all messed up and I started to lose body awareness. Thankfully all the reports I had read of more experienced individuals made me realize that what I was experiencing was normal and that if I would just stop worrying about my change in perception, everything would be fine. To my surprise, it worked beautifully and the visuals actually died down to the point where I could simply walk around the town and speak to people. And what happened after the initial disorientation was incredible. I experienced a state that can be described as a strengthened state of mind. Kind of like that movie Limitless. I don't know what else to say. Anyway, what I'm wondering is was this unique to DOC? Can a person achieve the same thing from LSD — highly psychedelic state of mind, but still not so many visuals that they can't walk around town and talk to people.

Interesting. I encountered a similar effect from DOPr, and I also never felt like I was in any real danger myself. I'm confident it was just a mix of a powerful body high and a totally inebriated sense of perception. My gf was a sober sitter for me on that high dose trial, and she told me that nothing seemed out of the ordinary during my own experience with blinding fractals, and loss of body awareness too. I had asked her that multiple times during it, and for days after (which probably annoyed her, heh) to make a note of it anyways. She's pretty much always my de facto sober sitter, and I don't push the limits otherwise, willingly or not. (I had a 150mg miprocin trip a while back, and even though I was physically safe, she was more worried about me on that one).

In case it wasn't just ime, I didn't want someone else to experience it and not have at least heard about it. It's a bit too biased for me to not report on both the positives and negatives.

But the DOPr was all encompassing and immersive, especially on that high dose, complete with intricate visuals/audio distortion/euphoria/time dilation/mind fuck/body and head buzz. I think I just wasn't expecting it to be that strong and was taken aback at what I was experiencing. But once my mindset became positive, it was easy to see that it was just my altered perception and body high combined. Tbh, I was probably nervous and panicked a wee bit, because that shit was intense! It seems that all of the DOxs can be real strong at a high enough dose, but it's good to know that you're fine too. :)

If things were actually going south then I think I would at least not feel well, or have similar symptoms after it happened. But I felt great physically and mentally once I welcomed the experience. I wouldn't say it was an oobe, since I didn't see myself from the outside or float, etc., but I imagine it might have been a similar phenomenon. I couldn't see the room I was in for moments at a time, and I think anyone unprepared for that wouldn't be comfortable about it.

Which brings me to the question if people can feel themselves breathing, or even their heart beating, when they have an oobe? I'm guessing not, since one supposedly isn't in their body. But I don't see many calling that dangerous...hmm.

Anyways, I do feel a lil bit of redemption with your post OP. (I never explained it myself fully, but a topic hasn't came up for it until now). Thanks for that. I also have a bit of DOC too, so I hope to have some nice experiences like yours and Xorkoth's. :)

red22,

I'll mention another thing, though you didn't ask. I learned wandering and talking to strangers while intoxicated has negative consequences. Even if you think people do not notice you're impairment they often do. For example, the lady you overlook walking her dog might see you walking around aimlessly and notice. Perhaps the shop keeper you talk with could recognize your impariment. I learned our society is more socially complex than I originally thought. People want to gossip about a lot and, in general, things quickly get complex.

Personally, I am a person who has bigger priorities than gossiping about peaceful psychedelic users.

Last edited:
@ Kl519 - 150mg of 4-HO-MiPT is an obscenely high dose! That's over four times my highest one, which stands at 35mg. I actually prefer 30mg -- an amount that readily takes me to a strong +++ level. What possessed you to take that much? Did you have massive tolerance? Was your material weak? Pazuzu?

For some people 10mg DOC is handled pretty easily - that doesn't mean it's as safe as LSD or psilocybin by any means, and anyone exploring DOC needs to start low & push the dose up SLOW if they have the desire to do so...personally around 10mg or a little more is my sweet spot (worked up from standard doses when I first tried it), but it should be kept in mind 500ug is where acid starts getting "real" for me & even with stronger mushrooms I'll take at least 4-5 grams, my natural tolerance to psychedelics is pretty high & it takes a lot for my mind to "go all the way".

As well I have a history of some pretty excessive amphetamine use, even now a solid year out of when I had a habit I can still take pretty high doses of vyvanse/adderall without any problems, don't even have a bad comedown unless I do them 2 days in a row, & a very high natural tolerance for any stimulants, how my body works is very unusual so anybody reading this who wants to trip like I do needs to recognize that what's normal for me could have catastrophic effects for many users, whether mental or, possibly with DOC, physically as well.

@ Kl519 - 150mg of 4-HO-MiPT is an obscenely high dose! That's over four times my highest one, which stands at 35mg. I actually prefer 30mg -- an amount that readily takes me to a strong +++ level. What possessed you to take that much? Did you have massive tolerance? Was your material weak? Pazuzu?

Oh, lol. I wrote a huge post about it on my very first post here. <3 I was high (on weed) and accidentally capped a 150mg dose of miprocin instead of 5 mapb, which were my first foray into RCs on my own. The batches I got were practically identical and I didn't label them, so after that I would pre-cap doses when I was sober. =D

I did have some tolerance since I did try miprocin 2 times before that, but ya it was an accident lol. Suffice it to say, I didn't make that mistake again. I was just glad that I felt physically safe the whole time. I got veggied up on that dose though! I was greeted by Mkat and Xorkoth from that post, which is why I'm fond of them and then I branched out to meet yourself and others. They warned me against taking doses that high, though it was my own dumb mistake, but that 4 sub trypts are some of the safest chems around. :)

Yes. My first trip, almost thirty years ago, was an accidental megadose of PCP. :p

lol, damn. Seems like you're all well and good though! I've heard some crazy ish about pcp, but that was on the news so I guess it's void actually.

I feel like a noob with drugs. Some people IRL see me as if I'm an experienced fellow, but I'm really not. I haven't tried pcp or many others either. =/ I'd try anything that is about as safe as moxy and without insuff/IV'ing.