Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK - Teenage party-goers say illegal rave was 'like a riot'

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Local Guardian

2:43pm Sunday 15th June 2014
Amy Dyduch

A teenager who went to an illegal rave in Croydon last night said it was the worst decision he had ever made. The 16-year-old, who did not want to be named, went to the party in a disused mail sorting office by East Croydon station with about 30 friends.

The teenager, from Hertfordshire, said he had been to a lot of similar events around the UK and mainly London, but the party next to East Croydon station last night was “the worst”. He said there were a lot of 14 and 15-year-olds there and many people were using drugs including MDMA, ketamine and acid. Police were at the venue in Cherry Orchard Road from 9.40pm and eventually shut down the rave at 8.30am today, June 15. The boy, who could not get into the party because there were so many people outside, arrived at 11pm but left at 12.30pm.

He said: “We had to leave because there was quite a lot of violence. It was a pretty bad experience. It was one of the worst things I have ever done. We went along because we thought it would be fun but there were so many people there not enjoying themselves and it just turned into chaos. These kinds of things are turning into things they shouldn’t be. Normally everyone is happy and just goes there for a good time but this was so bad.”

“There were people getting robbed and stuff. I think the kind of people who wouldn’t normally go turned up and started making trouble.”

More...
http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/...rty_goers_say_illegal_rave_was__like_a_riot_/

Sounds like he's butthurt that he didn't make it inside and decided to whine about it to the media. Waaaaaaaaah!

arrived at 11pm but left at 12.30pm.

Even though the party went for like 12 hours it sounds. If it was as bad as he is going on about wouldn't everyone just leave and they wouldn't have a party anymore?

Oh and people were doing drugs and stuff.. And there were 14 and 15 yr olds there! (says the 16 yr old)

Hahahahaha what tosser.

I agree Ro4eva that's what it sounds like to me. Who goes to a party and complains its too wild? And he couldn't even get in? Why was he trying to get in if it was so riot-like? This kid is a grade A dousche bag.

Josh, 16, parties on after losing pinkie finger during illegal rave

354874-769f272c-f6fb-11e3-ba3b-878da0800edb.jpg

A 16-year-old severed part of his pinkie at an illegal rave but then kept on dancing, vowing to “skank on until I can’t skank any more”.

British teen “Josh” and a mate were at an illegal rave in a disused mail-sorting office in Croydon when he cut off part of his pinkie finger – and amazingly claims he was completely sober at the time.

“Five minutes in, the fire alarm started going off and everyone was like ‘Rip it off! Rip it off!” Josh told Vice of his wild night.

“So I thought I’d give it ago. I was completely sober at the time. I jumped up, grabbed it and my little finger got caught in the case because it was all broken, and as I came to rip it back down, my little finger got ripped off completely,” he said.

Amazingly, instead of going straight to hospital, Josh decided to keep the party going despite being in pain and shock.

“I looked at my hand and my little finger was gone – the bone was sticking out…The bass was hard, so I just ripped off my top, wrapped it around my finger and tied it up as tight as I could and skanked it out for half and hour,” explained Josh.

“My mentality was ‘I’ve only been here for an hour, I’ve paid ten pounds for this night, I’ve lost my little finger – am I seriously going to go? Nah, I’m going to skank until I can’t skank any more.”

Eventually, his friend dragged him to the paramedics waiting outside. Josh asked them to bandage him up so he could then “rave on” but they insisted on taking him to hospital.

There, Josh posted a photo of his bandaged hand clutching a cigarette as he rested in his hospital bed.

So why did he decide to keep dancing despite losing his finger?

“What can you do?” he told Vice.

“There are fit girls around you, the bass is hard, the music is popping. I didn’t want to be the sore thumb sticking out – or the sore pinky – so I was like ‘F**k it, let’s skank on and enjoy it.”

A “bunch of stoners” found the pinkie and used it for a game of catch during the rave, Josh’s friends told him.

http://www.news.com.au/world/josh-1...ing-illegal-rave/story-fndir2ev-1226959355095

More kiddy raves with wall to wall fuckwits and not a good vibe in sight. This is what happens when you promote your party on Facebook and try to ramp up the attendees so you can make the news and a bit of cash on the side. Sigh, gives the scene a worse name than it already has.

Josh, 16, parties on after losing pinkie finger during illegal rave

354874-769f272c-f6fb-11e3-ba3b-878da0800edb.jpg

A 16-year-old severed part of his pinkie at an illegal rave but then kept on dancing, vowing to “skank on until I can’t skank any more”.

British teen “Josh” and a mate were at an illegal rave in a disused mail-sorting office in Croydon when he cut off part of his pinkie finger – and amazingly claims he was completely sober at the time.

“Five minutes in, the fire alarm started going off and everyone was like ‘Rip it off! Rip it off!” Josh told Vice of his wild night.

“So I thought I’d give it ago. I was completely sober at the time. I jumped up, grabbed it and my little finger got caught in the case because it was all broken, and as I came to rip it back down, my little finger got ripped off completely,” he said.

Amazingly, instead of going straight to hospital, Josh decided to keep the party going despite being in pain and shock.

“I looked at my hand and my little finger was gone – the bone was sticking out…The bass was hard, so I just ripped off my top, wrapped it around my finger and tied it up as tight as I could and skanked it out for half and hour,” explained Josh.

“My mentality was ‘I’ve only been here for an hour, I’ve paid ten pounds for this night, I’ve lost my little finger – am I seriously going to go? Nah, I’m going to skank until I can’t skank any more.”

Eventually, his friend dragged him to the paramedics waiting outside. Josh asked them to bandage him up so he could then “rave on” but they insisted on taking him to hospital.

There, Josh posted a photo of his bandaged hand clutching a cigarette as he rested in his hospital bed.

So why did he decide to keep dancing despite losing his finger?

“What can you do?” he told Vice.

“There are fit girls around you, the bass is hard, the music is popping. I didn’t want to be the sore thumb sticking out – or the sore pinky – so I was like ‘F**k it, let’s skank on and enjoy it.”

A “bunch of stoners” found the pinkie and used it for a game of catch during the rave, Josh’s friends told him.

http://www.news.com.au/world/josh-1...ing-illegal-rave/story-fndir2ev-1226959355095

haha that reads like something from the Onion. If it's news from the UK, why is it republished in an Australian newspaper?

Last edited:
^ yeah, Australian tabloids aren't too far removed from all-out satire.
(Actually - it's most likely a reprint from a UK "news" paper on an Australian (Murdoch-owned) website. Much the same then.
Such a load of bollocks!

Reminds me of this old tabloid gem, about (later to be singer of the Pogues) Shane McGowan:
In 1976 he sawThe sex Pistols and became part of the punk movement. The same year he made the papers for the first time. He was up front at a Clash gig and a girl cut him in the side of the head with a broken bottle. Someone took a photo and the picture of him covered in blood made the papers. They wrote that he had got his ear bitten off and that turned Shane into a semi-legend at the time
cannibal1.jpg

More kiddy raves with wall to wall fuckwits and not a good vibe in sight. This is what happens when you promote your party on Facebook and try to ramp up the attendees so you can make the news and a bit of cash on the side. Sigh, gives the scene a worse name than it already has.

Did you see the part where it was illegal? I dont think anyone was making money, well apart from the dealers and people robbing others. Most UK raves have turned into this though, when they are lawless people get robbed it just attracts a load of cunts.

hard to find decent illegal raves, need to be kept small really and fuck off with playing dubstep n dnb

yeah fuck dubstep, some DNB I can handle, but generally I find todays EDM shit.

Give me that old rave style, mid 90's trance and rave anthems. And some acid and maybe some hardcore.

What the fuck does dubstep have to do with this?

There is no mention of it anywhere in the article. Really tired of the "back in my days, raves were better! This newfangled music is too aggressive! Blah, blah, blllllaaaahhhhhh". They said the same thing 20 years ago, and they'll say the same shit 20 years in the future.

Listen to what you wont, personally I cant stand it and I like most styles of electronic music. We are allowed to discuss it if we wont, it is played at raves these days, especially UK ones, not so much in Aus.

I don't even like dubstep that much, I just think it's silly to blame a genre of music that probably had NOTHING to do with this event. There really aren't many dubstep only shows these days, certainly not in the UK. Sure, it still gets played but it's not the same as 2 years ago where you literally couldn't go to a rave without hearing dubstep.

You're probably thinking of Trap, but I doubt this was a trap rave either. In fact I'd bet money that they were probably playing DnB/UK Hardcore, those have the biggest underground/illegal scene.

Sounds like he's butthurt that he didn't make it inside and decided to whine about it to the media. Waaaaaaaaah!
Yea I agree this kid is a whiny little twat but you still can't deny the fact that these events are becoming more and more filled with douche bags that like to start crap for their own amusement.