Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK - MP Simon Danczuk confesses to taking Ecstasy

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Express

By: Mark Reynolds
Published: Mon, June 16, 2014

With reader comments

A LABOUR MP has admitted taking Ecstasy tablets and smoking marijuana.

In a candid interview, Simon Danczuk confessed to taking the Class A pills on more than one occasion and at one point smoking cannabis “several times a week”. The MP, whose second wife hit the headlines last week after posting a series of risque “selfies” on Twitter, said: “I have taken cannabis and Ecstasy. I don’t deny using soft drugs. I didn’t take any drugs in the run-up to the general election.

“Between 2007 and 2010, I didn’t use any drugs.”

The MP for Rochdale, Greater Manchester, lashed out earlier this year at drug dealers who he claimed were blighting his constituency. But Mr Danczuk, 47, has told a newspaper that prior to being elected in 2010, he had dabbled with illegal drugs. He added: “I smoked cannabis with my first wife. And I might have taken Ecstasy once or twice as a teenager. I occasionally used cannabis with my first wife Sonia but I never bought it. I used it a couple of times a week but I never used cocaine.”

Mr Danczuk’s first wife Sonia, 37, also told how the pair had enjoyed drug-fuelled nights out before they got married.

More...
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/482649/MP-Simon-Danczuk-confesses-to-taking-Ecstasy

And I might have taken Ecstasy once or twice as a teenager.

Might have? There's no ambiguity about MDMA, if you've taken it, you know you've taken it.

Might have? There's no ambiguity about MDMA, if you've taken it, you know you've taken it.

To be fair, he did say he might have taken it once or twice. Not He might have taken it once or never. :)

Force any western government to randomly urine test their elected officials for controlled substances and I guarantee you that the amount of positive results will make media headlines around the world.

Is there really any surprise why any bill to test them is immediately thrown out? And if they wanna argue that it's breach of privacy, well, thank you Mr. Snowden for informing the world about the NSA.