• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK - Ketamine dealer...caught cycling 'wobbly'...banned from illegal raves

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Ketamine dealer Colin McGowan who was caught cycling 'wobbly' in Cambridge banned from illegal raves for six months

Cambridge News

06:00 Saturday 08 March 2014
GARETH MCPHERSON

With reader comments

A ketamine dealer was caught cycling in a “wobbly” fashion along a Cambridge road while high on his own supply. Raver-cum-dealer Colin McGowan, who was spared jail, also made a random sudden stop in the middle of Mill Road, which aroused police officers’ suspicions. As well as being given a two-year jail sentence suspended for two years for his role in dealing animal anaesthetic ketamine and MDMA, the powder form of class A drug ecstasy, he was made subject to a curfew to stop him going to all-night illegal raves, where both drugs are popular.

Recorder Avik Mukherjee, sentencing at Cambridge Crown Court, said: “I have thought long and hard about your case. I am going to give you a chance. As far as I’m concerned it will be the only chance you get.” He said he was “impressed” by his behaviour since being caught by getting a job and tackling his addiction and added: “I hope it is not all hot air and talk and it is sincere.” As well as the suspended sentence, McGowan must do 200 hours unpaid work and will be made subject to an 8pm-6am curfew for six months “due to the time spent at illegal raves”.

Ketamine can cause a loss of feeling in the body and paralysis of the muscles, making it an unsuitable accompaniment for cycling. Heavy use has also led to people as young as 20 having to have their bladders removed. Last month it was announced that the drug will be upgraded from class C to B.

More...
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/New...legal-raves-for-six-months-20140308060001.htm

[” As well as the suspended sentence, McGowan must do 200 hours unpaid work and will be made subject to an 8pm-6am curfew for six months

They must mean 6am-8pm?

Lol raver cum dealer. Also them saying ketamine is an unsuitable drug to cycle on is pretty funny. Never tried biking on k but walking is pretty bouncy and wobbly, esp when youre teetering on the edge of a hole.

Lol raver cum dealer. Also them saying ketamine is an unsuitable drug to cycle on is pretty funny. Never tried biking on k but walking is pretty bouncy and wobbly, esp when youre teetering on the edge of a hole.

Iv'e done it allot it's loads of fun but not the smartest or safest thing to do. I once almost got hit by a car when I got lost in thought while crossing a busy street with my bike. On my way home I kept freaking out and looking behind me thinking the driver was following me.

Banned from illegal raves? Damn looks like he can only goto legal raves... Wait isn't everybody only supposed to goto legal raves ???

Yeah, he might have trouble attending his unpaid job if he can't go out between 6am & 8pm.

...& he won't have any trouble getting to illegal raves, either!

Whether or not Colin McGowan, fuckin' "raver-cum-dealer" and his friends want to get high is nobody's business, and the least of the world's problems...

"I've thought long and hard about your case"...

Go think long and hard about something that actually matters to anyone!

Basically a case of someone riding their bicycle high...matters not!

Cum dealer huh. . Lol

This is retarded, well put blue hues complete waste of time.

Atleast he had good drugs and not some random research chemicals. :p