UK - He-Man peril New legal high alert after killer drug ban

edgarshade

Bluelighter
The Sun

Exclusive
By STEPHEN MOYES
Published: Today at 01:10

With reader comments

A NEW mind-bending legal high dubbed “He-Man” is set to flood the market — just weeks after killer drug “mexxy” was banned.

The party drug, officially known as 5-IT, is almost identical to powerful tranquilliser methoxetamine. But it has been altered slightly by unscrupulous chemists to make it lawful. It is widely available online — and nicknamed after Eighties cartoon hero He-Man because users feel like “Masters of the Universe”.

Websites boast He-Man can be smoked like crack or heroin. Effects including euphoria, hallucinations, loss of balance and poor co-ordination.

But users have warned of “horrible head pressure”.

The Sun paid £63 on a “research chemical” website for two 500mg sachets. Tests found the substance was not illegal. A government drugs expert said: “This is a classic example of sinister manufacturers creating a derivative of a banned illegal drug.” The crackdown on mexxy — itself a substitute for deadly horse anaesthetic ketamine — came on April 4 after it was blamed for a series of deaths. Last week legal highs Ivory Wave and Bonsai were also banned.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-users-feel-like-Masters-of-the-Universe.html

The party drug, officially known as 5-IT, is almost identical to powerful tranquilliser methoxetamine. But it has been altered slightly by unscrupulous chemists to make it lawful.

obviously they're mistaken, but which analogue did they have in mind?

i thought 5-it was shit any way no were like making you feel like he-man

The crackdown on mexxy — itself a substitute for deadly horse anaesthetic ketamine — came on April 4 after it was blamed for a series of deaths. Last week legal highs Ivory Wave and Bonsai were also banned.

Ugh.

And how exactly is 5-IT chemically related to MXE?

When will the news media start actually researching these things?

As I have said before in regards to an article published by The Sun, it is not news, it is tabloid propaganda, end of. The Sun don't even pretend to be a real newspaper, anyone that reads it should be ashamed, apart from page 3 of course ;)

As I have said before in regards to an article published by The Sun, it is not news, it is tabloid propaganda, end of. The Sun don't even pretend to be a real newspaper, anyone that reads it should be ashamed, apart from page 3 of course ;)

Do tell, what's on page 3? :D

Almost identical to methoxetamine, makes users "feel like masters of the universe" and is made by "sinister manufacturers".

WTF.

chased off foil or in a pipe, a tranquilising stimulant, this shit has it all.

fuck free speech, willful ignorance of this level should be illegal, with capital punishment.

Honestly I have heard that most of the supposed MXE coming from China was already other analouges of MXE anyway.

You what will happen is that the government will go ahead & ban this so called 'He man' and then the chemists will make some slight chemical alteration to it and before you know it 'She-Ra' will be hitting the streets.

at least they didn't say LSD like... like they do with almost every single other drug.

They could have at least google 5-IT and MXE and see that those two chemicals are nothing alike -

^such as? from where? evidence?
Here is an interview with the designer of Methoxetamine
Yes, it would seem methoxetamine has already been welcomed with open arms.
The methoxetamine molecule was something I had floating around in my head for about three years. I just knew it would really be something fantastic; it contains every necessary functional group to produce the perfect dissociative. I felt it would be like a stress-free version of ketamine. Eventually I found someone who was interested and made a small batch, and when I tested it… I was blown away. It doubtless has great potential as an antidepressant. A vendor took interest and synthesized a batch for public distribution, and it took off. Now there are all kinds of fake variations for sale, tiletamine4 analogs and whatnot. The popularity was not a surprise, but I was surprised by the willingness of Chinese laboratories to synthesize it. A few years ago Chinese labs would not produce arylcyclohexylamines under any circumstances. In China, those suspected of trafficking large quantities of ketamine are executed.

from this thread
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...ured-in-Vice-Magazine?highlight=vice+magazine

A buddy of mine has ordered what we suspected to be tiletamine sold as MXE once. Vendor was a great guy though, he offered to refund the purchase immediately after a complaint. But it goes to show that there's defnitely some dodgy stuff out there.

I ordered 10g of what I thought was MXE after having used MXE for a good while, last year. I went ahead and used it for several months, mixing it with mpa, which is my favourite combination of the two....it was only when I ordered a further batch of MXE I realised the 10g actually wasn't. It was mooted that I had actually been supplied with tiletamine. If it was (and i guess I'll never know), it was a lot fluffier and 'warmer' than MXE, but it wasn't until I went back to MXE that I recognised the MXE 'feel' and realised I'd been stiffed on the previous supply. I didn't mind one jot though as, in this particular instance, luckily) I feel it had very definitely been to my advantage. I'm now looking out for a source of tiletamine (not a request!!!!), to try and find out if it was. Does anyone know of the legal status of it in the UK, legal or no?