• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos UK - Benzo addiction/dependence treatment?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Is there anywhere you can go to get treatment/detox. When I was in alcohol withdrawal the hospital would always keep me in and detox me with benzo's, but when I went there after an alprazolam withdrawal seizure they just told me "get your own and taper yourself". a) I was there BECAUSE I hadn't been able to get any and b) I don't have the self control to do that because once I take one benzo I suddenly don't give a shit and keep taking more.

They used benzos to taper me off alcohol but refused to use benzos to taper me off benzos? In the end I actually used alcohol to taper off.

Is this what typically happens, or should a hospital usually help? I also went to the main addiction place (like a methodone clinic but they help with other addictions, too) and they told me the same thing as the hospital.

Is there anywhere you can go to get treatment/detox. When I was in alcohol withdrawal the hospital would always keep me in and detox me with benzo's, but when I went there after an alprazolam withdrawal seizure they just told me "get your own and taper yourself". a) I was there BECAUSE I hadn't been able to get any and b) I don't have the self control to do that because once I take one benzo I suddenly don't give a shit and keep taking more.

They used benzos to taper me off alcohol but refused to use benzos to taper me off benzos? In the end I actually used alcohol to taper off.

Is this what typically happens, or should a hospital usually help? I also went to the main addiction place (like a methodone clinic but they help with other addictions, too) and they told me the same thing as the hospital.

Try going to your GP he will help you. He has to cos benzo cold turkey withdrawal is dangerous!

He might put u on a daily prescription if you can't taper due to impulsiveness

From what I've seen there's a lot of help for heroin and opiate addiction but very little help for benzos. Best hope you have a decent doctor that can taper you off or down if you are addicted.

Last edited:
They won't have time to be rude to you if you fake a Tonic-Clonic Seizure. Getting detoxed adequately in a timely manner sometimes requires dedication, but it can be done. I would advise faking the seizure in front of a nurse and not an actual MD, as the MD is going to be more apt to identify your subterfuge. Tell them you're withdrawing from Benzodiazepines, Alcohol, Z-Drugs, as well as some kind of drug that you ordered from a former Soviet Republic with a name you can't identify.

Sorry for anyone who thinks that this is unethical or whatever. I don't have a lot of patience for folks being turned away when they are attempting to detox from drugs, as it amounts to what is essentially blanket discrimination against addicts. Make sure that you tell them that you have not had a drink for at least 2.5 days. Act confused. Tell them the light hurts your eyes. When they tell you to stick out your tongue, make sure that bad boy is wiggling. Hopefully they will suspect that you are entering the early stages of Delirium Tremens, at which point, they will have no choice but to detox you.

Good luck pilgrim. Tell them Keif' sent you.