• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

UK advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

SambaQ

Greenlighter
2 years ago my doc prescribed me 120mg daily dihydrocodine. Past 8 months ive been using 300mg per day, repeat prescription requests every 10 days - never questioned!
Last week out blue I got called in to discuss. Different Doc demand reduction saying he not giving me next script till 4 weeks at a reduced amount. I dont have enough to get me there being careful at even 90mg per day.
Can I order off one of these online doctors in UK? Do they liaise with my GP?
I do want to reduce but dread rattling. I beat a Heroin addiciton 10 years ago. I work and have a family now. Rattling will be debilitating.

Not while you have the time and chance to reduce. They have already picked up on your overuse of the repeat (hence the reduction demand) so I would take advantage and come up with a reduction plan. Remember - they used to use DHC as an alternative to methadone for heroin detox in the UK so as long as you get on the case now you may be able to reduce without going full rattle as with the heroin and may be able to keep the keep the script, albeit at a much reduced amount, if you get on the case now.

As you are W/D from a legitimate prescription as opposed to an illicit drug dependency then you could be in the unique position to let your support network (work, family etc) know that you may be struggling with this for a few weeks. Even if you are on the XR product the W/D period from DHC is no longer than heroin as they are both short acting (even if you were to go full CT now in my experience you will be over the worst of it in 7 days give or take.)

Not while you have the time and chance to reduce. They have already picked up on your overuse of the repeat (hence the reduction demand) so I would take advantage and come up with a reduction plan. Remember - they used to use DHC as an alternative to methadone for heroin detox in the UK so as long as you get on the case now you may be able to reduce without going full rattle as with the heroin and may be able to keep the keep the script, albeit at a much reduced amount, if you get on the case now.

As you are W/D from a legitimate prescription as opposed to an illicit drug dependency then you could be in the unique position to let your support network (work, family etc) know that you may be struggling with this for a few weeks. Even if you are on the XR product the W/D period from DHC is no longer than heroin as they are both short acting (even if you were to go full CT now in my experience you will be over the worst of it in 7 days give or take.)

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Do you know if these online private doctors prescribe independently from NHS. If I put a request in will it go onto my NHS record?

Hi SambaQ, welcome to Bluelight! :)

Unfortunately, these type of questions are not allowed as we cannot help you to source drugs, however legitimate your need may be. Stee has provided the best response you can hope to get without breaking any rules.

If you want to take the risk of resorting to these online pharmacies, then that is entirely up to you, but we can't advise you.

Therefore, I'm going to have to close this thread now.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out for you. All the best,

Fubz & the BL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.