• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine uh oh my thumbs swelled up..

infantannihilator

Bluelighter
not sure if this is related to shooting coke and some possible congealed blood..

what should I be on the lookout here for uhh I dont think I hit an arterty

where did you shoot? did you inject into your thumb? if it isnt getting better its hospital time. sounds weird...

Dude go to the er, your pride isnmt worth losing your thumbs or even hands.
Please

go to hospital go to hospital go to hospital
...anddddd

go to the fucking hospital

Hope you learned your lesson and wont be as reckless in the future.

not really to be honest.

i think i came close to dying tonight, i didnt seize or any thing but ive never had such an intense rush. felt like i was right on that edge.. arms are fucking trashed. god i need help

Go to the hospital! my uncle refuse to go because he was crazy and took it "as a sign from god to quit meth and heroin"

its just a bruise the swelling went down. I don't know what it was or when it started to happen during the night I just noticed it in comedown anxiety phase. I'm good, I promise.

Hospital. Cocaine is highly caustic to soft tissue and the symptoms your experiencing all point to the need for medical attention. Swelling, redness, puffiness and pain to the touch are red flags. Some slight irritation and bruising following a missed shot is to be expected, but when the irritation turns to pain and the condition does not seem to be improving on its own, you need treatment.

If you really think it's better, than that's your call. If the painful, irritating symptoms subside, then you are probably be in the clear. Just be careful with the cocaine and if at all possible, pursue an alternative route of administration. Cocaine in itself provokes infection and complications, both through the aforementioned caustic nature of the substance and the compulsive urge to redose leads to many needle pokes in short succession, with each poke carrying its own risk.

Were you trying to inject into that vein that runs between your thumb and forefinger? Beware, I've had lots of problems there and I am not going to tell you to stop banging coke, but I can tell you from experience that my hands are PERMANENTLY scarred from using veins in them on coke runs. There's just not enough flesh as a buffer. It's just too easy to fuck up because you can't feel it when you miss. I've had the same thing happen to my thumb and it scared the crap out of me.

Good luck, I feel for ya - I had a nasty IV coke habit and it seriously almost ruined my life. Awful thing, I wish I never would have started. Too easy to get addicted to that rush!