• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ugh naltrexone/buproprion

Agoraphobiaphile

Bluelighter
Anyone whose seen my recent horror story thread.. well the plot thickens and shit just got worse!!

I swear god hates me.

Anyway to the point: my suboxone doctor supposedly "had a prescription pad stolen" by a former employee and when I went to my appointment yesterday the place was crawling with pigs.

Thought I was just fucked til I got a call later, it was the doc office asking if I could come on today. YES!!! So I come in all happy only to find out that the doctor is UNABLE TO PRESCRIBE ANY CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE PERIOD FOR THIRTY DAYS.

I can't blame the man, he is in a tough spot but he prescribed me a naltrexone buproprion mix and "swears" it will help. I know for a fact that neither of those drugs is going to save me from fucking suboxone withdrawal.. but it was futile to argue so I took the script and left.

This sucks I am stressed beyond belief and am searching alternate avenues. But basically I am asking has anybody tried this combination of drugs, or either drug on its own during opiate withdrawal to any positive effect?

Also while I have your attention, what would be the best way to stretch 4 mg of sub

Obviously plugging would make the most of it, but does that lower the time of action compared to sublingual?

Such as how IV takes less but also wears off much faster.

It's a terrible, sad reality that we, a bunch of drug addicts/users, who conduct research in our free time, as basically a hobby, know and understand the pharmacology and pharmacokinetics of drugs better than a lot of medical doctors. I literally don't understand how it's possible, but at every turn, I am convinced that it is an extremely common phenomenon.

You are totally correct in your assumption that Naltrexone/Bupropion (Contrave) will most likely do absolutely nothing to stave off your Buprenorphine withdrawal. I can only imagine that introducing a full agonist into your system could only worsen the situation. I'm a little bit dumbfounded by this suggestion. Also, I have no idea what the Bupropion is indicated for. I mean, it's an "antidepressant" of sorts, structurally related to Amphetamine. Again, I'm not remotely sure how this combination of seemingly random drugs would help you in your long period of Buprenorphine withdrawal. This drug, trade name "Contrave" is a drug prescribed for weight loss... I don't think you'll have any issue in losing weight, considering you are to be cut off from your Buprenorphine cold turkey.

Doctors make stupid mistakes all the time, just like normal human beings, it's just that when a doctor makes a mistake, he is not responsible for it. It's always someone or something's fault; some kind of cosmic gaffe that simply cannot be explained, but definitely, definitely not the doctor's fault.

Now, regarding the Buprenorphine that you have on hand. You are correct in choosing a route of administration that will produce a higher bioavailability such as rectal. I would begin using dosages as small as .25mg rectally and see how that works for you. Luckily, Buprenorphine is typically prescribed in dosages that are, in fact, higher than what is actually indicated or required, so when you get cut off, the "less is more" factor is definitely operating in your favor.

So, in conclusion, start by using minute dosages of Buprenorphine by either the rectal or nasal route while you attempt to find alternative routes to solving your problem. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to post or PM me. We're all here to help you and we'll do our best to help get you through this bullshit. Unfortunately, the importance of the bureaucracy is much more important than the health of the patient in question.

Wow. What a quack doc. My sub doc (when I was on it) was a quack as well, but in my favor lol. I’d get chills every time I refilled my scripts because he had me on all controlled substances: Suboxone, Xanax, Ritalin, Restoril :p

i feel for you bro, that’s a fucked up situation. Like Kief said, make the most of what you have by using only the smallest effective amount.

hope you find a replacement doc/prescriber in the meantime. Good luck to you.