• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

U47700 Called A SERIAL KILLER!

DEADPOOLx23

Bluelighter
Welcome to Ohio & Reaearch Chems hitting the streets and the Schedule 1 list...

TOLEDO — A new and rare synthetic opioid is gaining popularity throughout the country and law enforcement agencies say it is too easy to obtain.

It is a drug so new to the streets that it doesn't even have a name.
Commonly sold as U-47700, officials say it can have up to eight times the effect of morphine; users are snorting it, shooting it up and taking it orally. And now, it has arrived in Northwest Ohio.
"It's one more drug, that's in the opiate family, that could easily be abused and lead to death," said Matt Rizzo, CEO of A Renewed Mind behavioral health.
The drug was first developed by a pharmaceutical company in the 1970s. It is somehow being recycled as a street narcotic.
The Lucas County Drug Abuse Response Team (D.A.R.T.) is keeping an eye on it, especially after the first case of its use in Lucas County.
"We've had one (death) in Lake County, Ohio and I believe there may be another issue going on somewhere else in Ohio," said Lt. Robert Chromik, who heads up D.A.R.T. "Then we've (in Lucas County) had one overdose, a survivor, which (surprised) the Lake County coroner."
Chromik says one of the biggest concerns is how easy it is for users to get.
"The guy told my officer, 'Well... I ordered it online. It came to my door so I used it.'"
So far, there are approximately 50 documented cases of U-47700 overdose deaths in the country.
Fortunately, Rizzo says, it hasn't become quite as widespread in Northwest Ohio just yet.
"Because heroin is still so readily available, we've not seen its prevalence yet," he said.
But if it does creep into more communities, Lt. Chromik says it could be devastating.
"This is not like the heroin or fentanyl mix, this is like a serial killer entering your body. You're done."
Last month, Gov. John Kasich signed an executive order classifying the drug as a Schedule I controlled substance. Ohio is one of just a handful of states that have made the narcotic illegal.

Ignorant cop uses obnoxious over-the-top hyperbole in describing a drug!?!?!?!?!? But drug cops are always so smart and rational!

^ then order it. Most people get it by ordering it from rc suppliers, not buying it on the street. I knew it was only a matter of time before the ban began. Anyone know if illegal in Indiana yet. Not asking you to do research for me, but if you know off the top of your head.

Yeah, its a "legal" research chemical...But be careful, it homestly is strong BUT also its "a serial killer entering your body, youre done!" Smh

I'm going to move this as if feel it would be better suited for Drugs in the Media

50 deaths out of a huge population of opiate users in the united states. It really is not having that big an impact other than people do not need to put themselves at unnecessary risk of going and cold copping.

This is just a sensationalized push to make it illegal, although access to potent and pure drugs is somewhat dangerous in the wrong/uninformed hands. Cars and alcohol are the real serial killers if substances and objects/machinery could have the capacity to intentionally end peoples lives.