Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

U.S. - Liquid meth pours into California in attempt to evade detection

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Liquid meth pours into California in attempt to evade detection
CBC
June 14th, 2014

In methamphetamine's seedy underworld, traffickers are disguising the drug as a liquid to smuggle it into the United States from Mexico.

Dissolved in a solution, it's sealed in tequila bottles or plastic detergent containers to fool border agents and traffic officers. Once deep in California's Central Valley, a national distribution hub, meth cooks convert it into crystals — the most sought-after form on the street.

Tough policing has driven the highly toxic super-labs south of the border where meth is manufactured outside the sight of U.S. law enforcement, but the smaller conversion labs are popping up domestically in neighbourhoods, such as one in Fresno where a house exploded two years ago.

People inside the home had sealed it tightly so the tale-tell fumes didn't give them away.

"These guys, they don't have Ph.D.s in chemistry," said Sgt. Matt Alexander of the Fresno County Sheriff's Office. "They're focused on not getting caught."

Read the full story here.

Smuggling methamphetamine in water makes a lot of sense. You can dissolve a kilogram in 2 litres of water. The teenager who took a sip of the liquid in front of the cop must have died a horrible death. Assuming a 25 mL sip (a typical volume), he would have been consuming 12.5 grams of methamphetamine all at once.

I'm amazed they didn't start doing this decades ago. Seems like such an obvious method to smuggle anything water soluble.

^ I think they have been?
I remember reading about clothes, rugs and other items that were soaked in drug-infused liquids, then dried, - and dehydrated/recrystallised upon reaching the export destination - years ago. Mainly cocaine, from memory - but I'm pretty sure this sort of smuggling method (and even more sophisticated techniques) have been around for years.

^ I think they have been?
I remember reading about clothes, rugs and other items that were soaked in drug-infused liquids, then dried, - and dehydrated/recrystallised upon reaching the export destination - years ago. Mainly cocaine, from memory - but I'm pretty sure this sort of smuggling method (and even more sophisticated techniques) have been around for years.

Yeah pretty sure there was a section in Uncle Fester's book discussing this

smaller conversion labs are popping up domestically in neighbourhoods, such as one in Fresno where a house exploded two years ago.

People inside the home had sealed it tightly so the tale-tell fumes didn't give them away.

If it's just water solution how did someone manage to blow up a house doing it, and what fumes?

I guess boiling it would vape some of the meth. Wonder what chemicals they use. They probably freebase it to precipitate out the meth.

If they are using HCl or ether fumes can build up and a tiny spark game over. I saw one where they put the liquideth in the windshield wiper container in am SUV. They have been doing this with cocaine for years, I've seen liquid heroin like the ones some sick fuck put inside a bunch of puppies. I'd love to see the recent dea micrograms to see the weird things they have found plus the gcmc on purities.

I was just thinking: if you use methamphetamine intravenously, a bottle of saturated liquid meth would be perfect. One bottle and you're good to go for ages, just dip your rig in whenever you feel like, no messing around with cups or cottons!