• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

U.K. - Appeal against conviction thrown out as judges rule laughing gas not medicinal

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Bath man's appeal against conviction thrown out as judges rule laughing gas is not medicinal
Andrew Baber
Bath Chronicle
November 1st, 2017

A Bath man has lost his appeal against his conviction after senior judges conclusively ruled that laughing gas is not a “medicinal product”.

In a vital test case, lawyers for four men caught in possession of Nitrous Oxide canisters insisted they could not be guilty of any crime.

One of the men was Nicholas Chroussis, 22, of Lorne Road, Westmoreland, Bath, who pleaded guilty to possessing Nitrous Oxide with intent to supply in July.

In September last year, during the Boundary Festival in Brighton, security guards found 245 Nitrous Oxide canisters in his rucksack.

He insisted the canisters, packaged as cream chargers, were for his personal use, but the judge said his mobile phone indicated that he was dealing.

Read the full story here.

I suspect "Lord Burnett" hasn't the first clue about uses of nitrous 8)

What a complete farce and waste of police and judicial time...

You can buy packs of these at super markets here. Well you used to be able to when I was much younger.

To me this seems like (for example) a person buying 10 cases of beer and selling some 6 packs. Who cares.

And yeah surely nitrous oxide is used medically, like at dentists although they don't come in bulb form then.

Let's face it, people are often so conditioned by the system the difference between medicinal and not entirely comes down to a doctors prescription and nothing more.