• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tyrosine as an alternative to Antidepressants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfeelgood1

Bluelighter
Just curious of all you had experiences with taking Tyrosine.
Read that it releases serotonin along with dopamine in some various amounts.

Can this be used especially when taking caffeine mixed with Tyrosine and as my morning supplement for depression and to help me focus?

And can this be used as an alternative to taking Antidepressants or Adderall especially taken with caffeine?

Hey @drfeelgood1

So, I'm really feeling like this is not in our wheelhouse for Harm Reduction. What we are discussing here are basically dietary supplements. Being that our primary purpose is to effect safety in the community, a relatively harmless substance like Tyrosine doesn't really fit.

I've done a little bit of reading about Nootropics, as they are called. I'm sort of on a quest for a multibitamin with a few extras that I can take long-term. A lot of people seem to like Tyrosine and I also here a lot of great experiences coming from Theranine.

There is a pretty great Reddit space r/nootropics. That is where you want to go with these questions. They seem pretty well-informed. With all of that in mind, I'm gonna go ahead and close thisl, as it doesn't really fit as a Harm Reduction scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.