Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Types of DMT

jaishivaya

Greenlighter
Ho fellow Bluelighters

Got a question for all you experienced DMTers.

After evaporating the naptha there was some gooey stuff that's oily. I heard that's jubjub? What is that?

Also I hear there's different categories of DMTs where it blasts you off into space and the other keeps you grounded?
Is that true?

Oily? Not sure what that is but i would recommend a recrystalization if you think it contains any DMT and you intend to smoke it.

And there are a few types but i don't think any of them are specific to a certain kind of experience. Different environments, emotions, distractions, lighting, positions, doses, and ROA's will definitely change the experience though.

i smoked it and i definitely felt something. wasn't enough for the full ride though.

No it's scientifically impossible for there to be different types of DMT. DMT is an arrangement of atoms in a particular molecular structure - if they arn't aligned in exactly that manner then it's not DMT.

5-MEO-DMT is the closest in effects to nnDMT (from ayuahuasca), the former way more potent per mg the former, but yah with 5-MEO you can have "breackthrough" experiencs similar to nnDMT.. 4-ACO-DMT though for instance is nothing like the former two, rather like a shroom trip.

When you vape 5-MEO it becomes sort of oily when heat is applied, once it's all broken down to that "oily" form you can vape it... but vaping high dose 5-MEO is just so hectic and chaotic and short lasting, compared to intranasal, where it burns, you need more, but IME the expreince in itself is far more pleasant, euphoric and interesting, and easier to "integrate"

But TBH my DMT knowledge is a bit limited...

Ho fellow Bluelighters

Got a question for all you experienced DMTers.
Also I hear there's different categories of DMTs where it blasts you off into space and the other keeps you grounded?
Is that true?

As Is said, there is only one "kind" of DMT...
That said, there are a couple of different extraction products that give different results when smoked
One being nice white n,n,DMT and another being what is sometimes called "full spectrum" DMT, it is often a reddish brown color and just contains more of the other alkaloids present in the plant you are extracting your DMT from.

I've never tried to pull full spectrum, but I do think that it exists.
Also, sometimes I will get yellowish crystals which, I've read, is DMT n-oxide and does give a little different intensity of buzz, but not all that different and the difference, IMO, is that the yellowish shit is easier to vape whereas the pure white stuff "runs" from the heat and isn't vaped as efficiently..so it doesn't send me into hyperspace as well as the yellow.
Again, this is just my opinion and I'm sure you will find conflicting views on this as well.
Lastly, if you blast off it's probably DMT and if you stay "grounded"...it ain't.

hahahahaha jubjub.... I know of Jimjam in q21q21 teks, but not jubjub.... Its probably random plant fats and other trace stuff. Go ask at the DMT nexus they would know a lot better. I found the yellow stuff to have a nasty buzz to it, but that's just me.

Edit: Phukingnutz that statement about blasting off is not true... If one does not smoke it right or is not physically/mentally ready for the experience it will not happen or misfire. I have failed MANY times with pointed hedgehogs I saw grown in front of my eyes after being extracted from mimosa hostilis via a/b.

Also for the record 4-aco-dmt is not produced in nature and is a synthetic analog of psilocin, 4-ho-dmt, which is found in nature. 4-aco-dmt is a prodrug for psilocin as 4-po-dmt is to 4-ho-dmt. DMT is the most basic form of that specific tryptamine unless there is just a monomethyltryptamine.... 5-MEO-DMT is found in nature although is DMT with something attached at a different part of the DMT molecule than psilocin or any analog thus the 4 and 5 prefix in the name.

Edit: \/now jibjib? When did jar jar binks start smoking DMT?

Last edited:
Jibjib? JimJab?, that's what I meant. Not Jubjub. Sounds kind of similar.

When I didn't do a water wash it turned red/brown gooey color. Kind of like hash.
When I did a water wash it turned white and gooey.

Well I can tell you that it definitely did something. I think I didn't smoke enough of it.

I think that's what they call "jungle dmt" but I do prefer jubjub.

Also for the record 4-aco-dmt is not produced in nature and is a synthetic analog of psilocin, 4-ho-dmt, which is found in nature. 4-aco-dmt is a prodrug for psilocin as 4-po-dmt is to 4-ho-dmt. DMT is the most basic form of that specific tryptamine unless there is just a monomethyltryptamine.... 5-MEO-DMT is found in nature although is DMT with something attached at a different part of the DMT molecule than psilocin or any analog thus the 4 and 5 prefix in the name.

4-AcO-DMT is likely not a prodrug for 4-HO-DMT, but it is a synthetic analogue. Or, perhaps it converts to 4-HO-DMT at different rates for different people, but I am as sure as I can be without tests that it can be absorbed unchanged. For me it lasts an hour shorter than 4-HO-DMT and feels like oral smoked DMT, but not as intense. Nothing like 4-HO-DMT.

4-AcO-DMT is likely not a prodrug for 4-HO-DMT, but it is a synthetic analogue. Or, perhaps it converts to 4-HO-DMT at different rates for different people, but I am as sure as I can be without tests that it can be absorbed unchanged. For me it lasts an hour shorter than 4-HO-DMT and feels like oral smoked DMT, but not as intense. Nothing like 4-HO-DMT.

Where would you say 4-ho-met stands in all of this. Another synthetic analog that works in a similar but different way? I know Shulgin thought they were all indistinguishable, but it seems the prevailing opinion (and mine) is that he was wrong.

I was a bit underwhelmed by 4-ho-met, just didn't have the same magic as 4aco. But then maybe I needed to take more.

Thanks for the correction.... It becomes deacetylated in first pass metabolism so it is still a prodrug to 4-aco-dmt if I'm not mistaken.

It does seem people assume not just because of slight difference in effect, which could be for any reason as I doubt many have the experience to compare pure psilocybin to 4acodmt.

The difference for me is huge, I also know of people who consider 4-AcO-DMT to be very like mushrooms but slower. I am confident I could tell them apart in a double-blind test every time. I have used pure 4-HO-DMT on several occasions and it is much more like mushrooms, but even fiercer and much more mental.

Wish I had your xp! I honestly found 4-aco-dmt strong, but not heavy on the body like mushrooms although my assumption was that digesting that tough mushroom body lead to a lot of physical side effects like gas and nausea.... I would actually compare 4-aco to drinking tea made from the mushrooms though. With my tea I would get noticeable effects within ten or twenty minutes. Man I miss those days