• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tylenol 3

chrsma

Greenlighter
Hello, Im CHRSMA and im new to posting on BL. Ive always read threads but i never posted one myself so excuse me if this is the wrong place to post.

Any way, I was prescribed Tylenol 3 (300/30 mg codeine) for pain. Ive never taken Tylenol with codeine or codeine more specifically so i have no tolerance.

My question is: With no tolerance to opioids, will 30 mg of codeine make me feel anything? Im not trying to abuse this medication, im just tryng to gather info so i can be prepared if the codeine is too strong for me (yet i know codeine is a weaker opioid).

Thanks in advance! :D
-CHRSMA

You're likely not going to get overwhelmed by 30. If you can take half and get pain relief do that. Codeine isn't weak when it's just inactive itself and converts to Morphine as it is metabolized. That's why people getting high with tolerance don't seek it as while a large dose is comparable to Morphine it can only be taken orally or possibly plugged, but it will never have a rush or immediate effect as it needs to convert to Morphine before becoming active. Many though end up with an opiate habit after trying to be cool and sip on leanizies (yes I know it's not really referred to as that) not realizing they are starting an opiate dependency sipping on codeine barely getting high yet developing a larger and larger tolerance due to the continuous use. Try to avoid using more than 3 days in a row without a good 12-24 break and still even then you won't avoid dependancy, but rather keep it from becoming severe.

Say i take a whole pill (300/30 codeine) what should i be on the look out ? I Know youre not a doctor but any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Unlikely to feel much pain relief with a single 30/300... the prescription bottle will likely say take 1 or 2 as needed every 4-6 hours.