View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Two year old 2c-b liquid solution

bongerman

Bluelighter
I have some 2c-b ,50mg in 50ml of water, it has been in there two years stored in a cool area but I still understand that it has probably massively degraded. My real question is, would I still be safe to ingest this water, is there a way to test if there is bacteria, should I just call it trash? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

yea I don't think I am going to plug it regardless but thanks for your contribution

I have some 2c-b ,50mg in 50ml of water, it has been in there two years stored in a cool area but I still understand that it has probably massively degraded. My real question is, would I still be safe to ingest this water, is there a way to test if there is bacteria, should I just call it trash? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Did you add some EtOH to it before starting the conservative process? It avoids contamination issues in solutions. Also if you introduce the recipient in the fridge (or even better, freezer) with proper protection against humidity in the fridge, it should help as well against contamination.

If it was tighty sealed and looks transparent it should not have any bacteria... You can try, I think the worst scenario is some nausea/diarrhea :) [maybe it's even worst if it's in the middle of a trip hehe]

2C-B is pretty stable so, with or without bacteria, it should be active.

Plug it all up.

when I saw the thread title I thought "plug it" hahaha.

Does the water look... different? Like it has anything growing on/in it? Does it smell off? If it looks and smells fine I, personally, would ingest it.

As far as it being degraded, 2c-x are supposed to be pretttty stable. I am not sure how that translates with the water added. I'm sure someone smarter will come along and let you know though.

cool thank you guys for the pointers its not near me now but when I look at it I will check but no EtOH was added will that be bad??

cool thank you guys for the pointers its not near me now but when I look at it I will check but no EtOH was added will that be bad??

It is not bad...but it would be ideal, because it prevents contamination.

I just suggest you to check if the solution is still transparent... That can give you a hint on its status, but it's impossible to determine if it's contaminated or not.

ok and putting EtOH in it now wouldn't help? should I trash it in the name of harm reduction or if the liquid looks clear has no floaties and smells normal it *should* be ok?

ok and putting EtOH in it now wouldn't help? should I trash it in the name of harm reduction or if the liquid looks clear has no floaties and smells normal it *should* be ok?

Unfortunately it will not help at this point. It will not help at this moment unless you want to keep it longer, but I suggest you consume it as soon as you have the time to avoid contamination...

If it smells normal and it looks transparent.. take it ! ;)

Was it distilled water? tap water? Evian?

How cool was cool? cupboard? fridge? freezer?

was the vial sterilised beforehand?

as MrHH said above, did you add EtOH?

regarding the 2c-b, worst case it should not have degraded any amount that would be noticeable in effects.

If you have a microscope, glass petri dish/plate and good lighting you should check for any excessive clouding in a small sample of the liquid.
If there is none you should generally be fine and attempts at disinfection should not be necessary.

If there is you can attempt disinfecting with Calcium Hypochlorite (If this would interact with the 2c-b, somebody chip in), you will need INCREDIBLY small amounts (500g Calcium Hypochlorite can treat nearly 40,000 litres of water, and costs very little).

assuming you used the correct amount of Calcium Hypochlorite there should be absolutely no risk of toxicity to yourself.

usually you would put 7g Calcium Hypochlorite to 8 litres of water, then use ONE PART of that solution per ONE HUNDRED parts of contaminated water then leave it to sit for an hour before consumption.
1.1g per litre
1.1mg per ml

so at this 1:100 ratio, 0.5ml should treat your 50ml solution (about 0.5mg Calcium Hypochlorite)

If you make any Calcium Hypochlorite solution, you will be best off disposing any leftover of it, it doesn't last too long in solution.

Evaporate the water. Then you can evaluate if the powder looks degraded.

Then you can weigh out your doses directly or redissolve the powder in EtOH for volumetric measurement.

Can you book the water to make it sterile without further degrading the 2cb? I left something at a friends for probably about a month or 6 weeks and drank it, it made me poorly; stomach cramps and sickness and diarohea

I once had some 2C-T-7 (I'm sure that it was really this substance because I had it analysed in an HPLC after I bought it) which I put in an Ethanol solution for half a year.
I then had it analysed again an it turned out to be 3 different unknown substances (at least the guys from the lab didn't have it in their database).
I'm not a chemist so I can just guess that the 2C-T-7 somehow split up while it was in the solution. Don't know, maybe it's possible that the chemists made a mistake or the HPLC didn't work properly...
Just wanted to throw this story in and ask you guys who know better than me, if it's possible that the substance degraded like that in the solution?