• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Tweaking and Theorising - A possible way to reduce pupil dilation on amphetamine comedown

soulwentmia

Bluelighter
So i haven't taken amph sulphate in a while but just had some now and remembered i read somewhere that amphetamine induces pupil dilation usually on the comedown (or even earlier if you rly go at it) due to excessive adrenergic activity to put this in simple terms. Would taking 40-80 mg of propranolol be able to mitigate this at least a bit? Well, i'll report back tmrw

Hey there @soulwentmia 😀

Let's clarify, Miosis (dilation of the pupils) is a quid pro quo effect of Amphetamines, stimulants in general and more widely, stuff like psychedelic drugs will also dilate the pupils.

Basically, the pupils are a "vital sign" if you will when discussing drugs. Stimulants will typically cause miosis in line with the level of intoxication; someone really high will often present with pupils fully blocking the Irish. Law enforcement is trained to recognize said symptoms.

Depending upon the color of your eyes, this effect can be extremely obvious. If you have light irises it's difficult to hide. If you have brown eyes, it's a little different.

Propranolol will lower blood pressure and likely will produce a caring effect, but this will not include reducing the size of the pupils. It might be useful in that it will calm you mentally and physically. The suite of effects include fidgeting, rapid eye movement etc so if you try to relax, you will be less obviously intoxicated and this could help your situation.

I'll say that any couple with a normal level of understanding and intimacy is going to notice when someone is abusing Amphetamines. It is a difficult thing to comeal.

Hey there @soulwentmia 😀

Let's clarify, Miosis (dilation of the pupils) is a quid pro quo effect of Amphetamines, stimulants in general and more widely, stuff like psychedelic drugs will also dilate the pupils.

Basically, the pupils are a "vital sign" if you will when discussing drugs. Stimulants will typically cause miosis in line with the level of intoxication; someone really high will often present with pupils fully blocking the Irish. Law enforcement is trained to recognize said symptoms.

Depending upon the color of your eyes, this effect can be extremely obvious. If you have light irises it's difficult to hide. If you have brown eyes, it's a little different.

Propranolol will lower blood pressure and likely will produce a caring effect, but this will not include reducing the size of the pupils. It might be useful in that it will calm you mentally and physically. The suite of effects include fidgeting, rapid eye movement etc so if you try to relax, you will be less obviously intoxicated and this could help your situation.

I'll say that any couple with a normal level of understanding and intimacy is going to notice when someone is abusing Amphetamines. It is a difficult thing to comeal.
First of all, dilation of pupils is mydriasis.

Secondly, i can't and don't wanna disagree and say you are wrong. I'll just say this:

"Some substances trigger the body’s fight or flight adrenaline response by interacting with serotonin and adrenergic receptors in the brain. This chemical reaction leads to mydriasis, the muscle relaxation that allows the eye’s pupil to expand and let in more light."

I'm coming down now, i did about half a gram of amphetamine paste and took about 60 mg propranolol. Pupil dilation still obvious if u know what to look for but less than usual. Good night!