Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Deadliest Catch

I met someone who does deep sea fishing off the Alaskan coast for his job. He said it was tough but worth it.

I'm sorry, i didn't realize there was already a thread on Deadliest catch. This forum is so active it's hard to keep up with what's been posted on and what hasn't. I'm still learning the ropes here. It's a bit different than the other drug forums I've belonged to.

Anyway, sorry about that. It's a darn good show though.

RPG

Yup, that's my guy-- Phil rocks! He's been working on a boat his whole damn life. He looks so weathered and hardened but you can tell he has the heart of a lion. Tuff but a softy on the inside!

This year he's had health problems. I don't know if you all saw the last episode last week but he had blood clot go from his leg, through his heart and into his lungs. He is one lucky ass bastard because most people die of that!!!

I can't wait for this weeks ep. In the commercial they show Phil saying "It doesn't look like I'll be back on the boat this season" :( He has the deck-boss take over as Captain.

I hope they fallow him through out his health struggles this season because if they don't I'll sure miss the guy.

If you really like Phil. You can go to Discovery/deadliestcatch and give him a shout out-- via a phone message.

RPG

beener21 said:
I'm a die hard Cornelia Marie fan.. Capt. Phil is the shit. :p

Yeh My favourate show, love it. incredable to watch, man they must be hurtin out there but. Go the time bandit!

I had one of those crab last weekend and it was awesome. It is expensive too! Cost me RM500!!! For comparison sake, a can of coke here is RM1.50.

RoxiPoppyGirl said:
This year he's had health problems. I don't know if you all saw the last episode last week but he had blood clot go from his leg, through his heart and into his lungs. He is one lucky ass bastard because most people die of that!!!

I hope they fallow him through out his health struggles this season because if they don't I'll sure miss the guy.

man....that guy needs to lay off the cigarettes.

everytime they show him he's smoking. i bet he goes through 3 or 4 packs every 24 hours. which it appears the guy stays up 24 hours a day.

that guy is gonna die an early death.

stinkfoot said:
man....that guy needs to lay off the cigarettes.

everytime they show him he's smoking. i bet he goes through 3 or 4 packs every 24 hours. which it appears the guy stays up 24 hours a day.

that guy is gonna die an early death.

Doesn't eat, doesn't sleep, just sits in the captain chair and He survives totally off of Red Bull and Cigarettes. I'm suprised he's made it this far...........cruel as that is to say.

He's trying harder no to smoke now and he's eating better. He has to go to the hospital everyday and he has to take these shots in his belly everyday.

I'm sure the doctors are on his ass to take better care of himself. The way he was going, he was on the way to a coffin.

I hope he comes through ok because he's my fav captain!

Cant believe nobody posted on here about capt phil's death :( RIP man, I watched this alot when it first came out. spent many doped out nights noddin, or stoned off those piff blunts, watchin this when it was the only thing on and i always felt the same way about the bigger boats thats all state of the art and shit, like i didnt wanna root for them cuz they had the advantage anyways. but I stopped watchin a while, just caught it here and there until recently when i heard about wat happened and I really felt bad for the dude yo, and for his family. I am the last person to get attached to a character on TV or a 'reality' show but i dont feel like those guys are like that at all, they are just bein themself, real life shit, you dont seen them on the red carpet using their fame to get into clubs and shit, you never hear about them, they are just themselfs and when they aint on TV they at home livin their regular ass life. I feel like they are real regular ppl that you could care about becuz you aint seeing a bunch of fake shit, you kno....

So it was real sad to me when captain phil died and one of the reasons was my dad....He dont watch alot of TV. he never gets involved in a tv show, he is a real old school type of guy. hes the old 'strong and silent' type i guess u could say. so he think most of that tv shit is silly and all that. and he always really disapproved without sayin nothin but i could just tell how much he looked down on 'reality tv' and how crude and just in general raunchy tv is these days, and would think somebody who got involved with a show or the characters, that they must be pretty foolish.

but when he started watchin this show he got mad into it, and when capt. phil died he was really sad. I think alot of people was. Becuz the kind of folks who could really respect and relate to him was old-timer, regular-ass workin guys. And their respect dont come cheap, u kno, so it really meant something becuz even tho it was on TV, becuz the guy was so real and seemed like somebody you could know IRL, it seemed much deeper. You could tell he was a really good guy, and I aint even gonna lie it was the weirdest thing but when i was watchin the episode where he passed i was even gettin a lil choked up myself. Seein all those men cry you know.

I jus came in here to see wat BL thought about the show and iwas suprised aint nobody post in here since that happened so i guess im just revivin the thread and givin a RIP.

RIP Captain Phil :(

I'm kind of suprised that they filmed the whole ordeal and put it on TV. It kind of seems like a private matter that the ordinary reality show wouldnt have aired. But then again, Im sure that episode brought in some pretty high ratings.