Turmeric or probiotics completely heal/cover my 15 years-old chronic ocd and social anxiety but causes me debilitating mental confusion.HELP

themusic

Greenlighter
I have been suffering from a very serious pure ocd for 10 years that has ruined my life preventing me from doing anything, even writing or thinking normally (because every time it emerges it causes a very strong anxiety).In 15 y i have virtually tried ALL psychiatric medication and also supplements/nootropics with no positive effects..since recently when i discovered that a turmeric or a gulp of golden milk sweeps it away 100% for several hours. The problem is that taking it even in low dosages as in the examples I have reported causes me a very strong mental confusion which in turn prevents me from concentrating even minimally,making me unable to perform any activity thus negating the positive anti-ocd effect. I have read from various sources that turmeric increases levels of serotonin and decreases brain inflammation, is this probably the reason for the mental confusion I experience immediately after taking it? Do you have any solution in this regard?
I point out that even some probiotic supplements with various bacteria strains, even taken once, eliminated my ocd for about five days in a row, but I experience the same confusion problem, in this case even stronger.
I must add that since several years I am taking a medium-dose benzodiazepine for social anxiety four times a day (that I plan to ideally taper to zero by next year) and that in my life I have never suffered from mental fog or concentration issues. On the contrary, I am a very reactive person
IMPORTANT: I must add that that every day from more than a year i also feel a constant depersonalization..but i'm not tapering..then probiotics and turmeric simply greatly increase this feeling.But At this point I believe that in the long term benzodiazepines have ruined my brain. I found articles about derealization / depersonalization induced by benzodiazepines, but none of them talks about how to solve it. Incredibly,for benzodiazepine-induced depersonalization some detoxification clinics recommend the use of antipsychotics and / or synthetic antidepressants: obscene. I ask for help,again

Last edited: