• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

tumeric tincture and bioavailability

sorrendom_1972

Greenlighter
Hi, i' d like to know the bioavailability of curcumin in tumeric tincture, because i don't want to boil everytime tumeric powder, and then adding pepper...thanx

Thanks for the links , I use turmeric as a supplement ,but I wanted to find a better method in bioavailability , however, I noticed that after ten minutes after assumption i see colors in more brilliant way , can you tell me why?

Placebo effect, 10 mins is not long enough for most substances to be well absorbed from the gut mucosa (try 2-4 hours)

Thanks for the links , I use turmeric as a supplement ,but I wanted to find a better method in bioavailability , however, I noticed that after ten minutes after assumption i see colors in more brilliant way , can you tell me why?

It is supposed to be lipid soluble --try heated in coconut milk

I was taking turmeric for awhile to help with some GI inflammation. If I remember from all the searching I did on it has low bioavailability that is increased by piperine. There was something about a company looking to market a supplement based on that combo, never really looked into it. Pretty sure you can just get both as supplements in capsule form. if youre taking it for GI issues I also had luck adding licorice (DGL), l-glutamine and caprylic acid.