View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamine tolerance

Bricheta_albastra

Bluelighter
Last week I went a bit overboard taking ayahuasca on a friday which resulted in a profound trip and I only puked once.

3 days later I took a moderate dose of cubensis+3g syrian rue and the trip was simply shocking in it's intensity.

Acid followed 2 days later and the trip was very pleasant but very light, I thought the acid was weak however I found out it was not the case it was just my tolerance.

Last friday I took huasca again, a larger dose, almost double I think and all I got was some mild OEV's and a LOT more puking then the first time while the others tripped hard.

How long should it take to get rid of this built up tolerance, would 2 weeks be enough? Are there any ways to speed up the process?

My going overboard with this is due to the fact I was very excited since before this I only tripped with morning glory (wonderful experience) a threshold dose of shrooms and some psychedelic weed experiences.

TLDR: Any ways to get rid of tolerance faster? Should 2 weeks be enough after indulging heavily for a week?

piracetam with a choline source might help... but that is introducing a whole new powerful substance (no matter how many people treat it)... for a short-term tolerance like this I think a short-term break should do it.
I am actually in a similar situation - somewhat recently getting back into psychedelics, took things a bit too far after getting "excited", and now I am on a 2 week (at least) break that I hope will get me back where I want to be tolerance-wise.
Some areas of importance that I am focusing on during this time (to help ensure that my next trip is extraordinary... aside from obvious health benefits) are nutrition, hydration, deepening meditation, and physical fitness. I have found that I trip much better (more intense and more of the desirable effects like euphoria and colorful visuals) when in good physical fitness. I noticed this from when I am going to our weekly EDM event and dancing for 5 hours every thursday - it really makes a difference in my trips... on anything.

who there cowboy :)
you seem to be getting really worked up about something exciting that you ve jsut discovered, namely psychedelics. just cool down, take a longer break, you ll find later trips to be more rewarding this way.
tolerance can and will build up fast and trying to up the doses to trip agian will enforce this tolerance more. the best way to reduce tolearnce is a long break, healthy living, exercise, and try no to use any other psychotropic substances in the mean time.

that being said, 2 weeks will get rid of a lot of that tolerance (2 weeks from the last dose that is) but i suspect it would take a bit more to get back to 0 level.

I agree with kingme. I know how exciting finding out about the magic of psychedelics can be, but take it easy. As pink floyd said....careful with that axe :) If tolerance is an issue with tryptamines, then it is time for a couple week break. If you really must trip again soon, try and switch it up the a PEA like a 2c.
Remember to have fun and be safe but make sure "you" come back in all the right pieces after each trip.

The trouble is I've been interested in psychedelics for a couple of years now but have only now got the chance to try some of the most important ones so it was hard to abstain when out of nowhere I got the chance to try them.
I live quite healthily so I guess I'll be ok. The piracetam sounds tempting though.

@kingme Greenlighter's can't pm:( dar da sunt roman

Ayuhacasa is imo not something to take lightly - due to the puking and whathaveyou.

You're trying to trip way the hell too often.

Once a week is the _most_ you should ever be tripping, and with heavy ayuhacasa trips, i'd leave even more time before/after them.

2C's seem less to have a less pronounced short-term tolerance effect than trypts, which have less of a short-term tolerance effect than ergoloids. There is strong, but not complete, cross tolerance between different classes of psychedelic.

I do not observe significant tolerance with a light trip every weekend, but if i go for a heavy trip, I do observe tolerance the next weekend if i try to trip again.

Ayuhacasa is imo not something to take lightly - due to the puking and whathaveyou.

You're trying to trip way the hell too often.

Once a week is the _most_ you should ever be tripping, and with heavy ayuhacasa trips, i'd leave even more time before/after them.

2C's seem less to have a less pronounced short-term tolerance effect than trypts, which have less of a short-term tolerance effect than ergoloids. There is strong, but not complete, cross tolerance between different classes of psychedelic.

I do not observe significant tolerance with a light trip every weekend, but if i go for a heavy trip, I do observe tolerance the next weekend if i try to trip again.

If i trip only every other day (one day PEA's or tryps; the other day dissociatives drugs; usually one day off w/ just cannabis and/or benzodiazepines and/or low-dose-ethanol, ~6-8 drinks or less; but this isn't always needed) my tolerance stays about the same, it will slightly creep up though.. depending on how long the bender is. if its a 3-day weekend thing (like this recent memorial day fri-mon)--def do one day pea/trypt; next downers if you got them (or uppers if you like them; save those for last day, IMO.. packing up & shit..)

Day 1: 4-Ho-MiPT (miprocin) (dosed 30mg orally 4x over the course of 6 hrs; & 1 IM'd dosage). 5 total doses of separated 30mg doses. 150mg done totally, never more than 25-30mg done at once though.
Day 2: 3-MeO-PCP (ketamine, closest to nor-ketamine, IME- at LEAST from my vendor?)
Day 3: Repeat (day1 & day2) if up for it. But if not? can just chill w/ BZP's- ETZ preferably. IV can be like intravenous midazolam ("versed")--USE EXTREME MOTHERFUCKING CAUTION.

I'm sitting over this post for the past 2 hours, on my THIRD trip in 4 DAYS of 4-ho-MiPT itself; & now on my final dose I muse use 90mg at once for similar effects. but point well taken, i am going to be taking a break from psyche's to re-set for sometime.

You used a lot of psychedelics in a very short time span, of course you are going to have tolerance.
With mushrooms and LSD I recommend a two week break to bring your tolerance back to baseline and with phenethylamimes I recommend a week to a week and a half.
Ayahuasca I would recommend a week break for tolerance but with that being said it's definitely not a drug that should be done that much due to the nature and intensity of the experience

Also the once every week or two thing works for awhile, but it really helps to have two or three month breaks every now and again, before you need to.
I've been going a lot less often this year because I overdid it the last couple years, and my trips just we;re not as cool as they once were. Keeps things feeling profound, while keeping you more sane. Also, the more I trip the more side effects I get.

I sometimes notice a tolerance factor and sometimes don't i don't understand it I have a huge tolerance for some reason to tryptamines anyway but just recently I did 4-ho-det two days in a row and both times were equally as amazing granted it was 40mgs one day give or take 5mg and the rest the next day out of the 100 i had. But other times with say taking DPT which is supposed to be crazy It maybe got me to a +2 with over a 100mgs insufflated had to end up IV'in the rest in 15-20-mgs shots just to hit a +3 for about 10 minutes. first time doing this was only with one day between using 4-ho-det the next was about 6-7 days after 4-ho-mipt. maybe just shitty material gonna wait a few weeks and try again if it still sucks i'll find a different vendor cause to me this is the weakest tryptamine i've done, with the 4-subbed ones i can do it two days in a row and still trip balls. Just wish i didn't need 50+mgs even after a long break to do so. Oh and the DPT doses were 250mgs both times

Last edited:
Recent experience w/ frequent psych use:

• Day 1: 5-MeO-PCP, 12mg IM; and 12mg injected subcutaneous
  • Day 2: miprocin 30mg + 5-meo-dalt, nice; overwhelming in a profound deep way (combined so that peaking at same time); able to socialize on downside of trip.
  • Day 3: minor Drinking, phenibut, etizolam (dose irrelevant)
  • Day 4: 5-MeO-PCP, 20mg oral. No effects at T+1 & T+2 hr; IM'd 20mg. Beginning of effects were very enjoyable, i holed; then became amnesic and the dopaminergic effects overtook & blacked out for the remaining 4 hours while refusing to go back to my tent apparently (& refusing to IM away from people around the camp fire :X ..found out who real friends are when they call up one's own whole family telling them what drugs one is tripping on, AND telling them BEFORE the camping trip WHAT tripping substances were brought (not that this matters, all of such family know of such tripping practices)--when they SOLICITED these seem fucking drugs from the individual/"friend" they're in the process of backstabbing).. all while OTHER'S brought their own illicit substances & tripping drugs.

but I slept fine; sore as shit though.

• Day 5: 100mg of miprocin oral little effects after 1 hour; before tolerance kicked in.. very dangerously subcutaneously IM'd 150mg. But was very enjoyable for about 5 hours (come up is about ~10 minutes; plateau w/in 30 minutes via this route)--baseline at 8 hour mark.
  • Day 6: baseline, but exhausted after camping trip & helping out my grandparents at their house on previous day. Did not sleep last night after miprocin trip at the end of the day. At end of day take 7mg alprazolam, IV 8mg etizolam & another 20mg orally (i know VERY high, but only b/c over 40 hours w/o sleep & must completely come down off of residual 3-meo-pcp & 4-ho-mipt effects...)
  • Day 7: slept 14 hours unending at around 7-8pm; back to baseline entirely next day (day 8).. able to function & think properly finally! All in all it seems you can only see-saw for only so long w/ at least the substances used here.

Thinking of IV'ing next batch of 4-ho-MiPT/miprocin batch coming in... any experience guys? Less tolerance time-frame perhaps? I can't imagine much more than subcutaneous or intramuscular injection, though? 8) Absolutely love miprocin w/ a dabble of 3-MeO-PCP (~5mg subcutaneous or intramuscular)... ROA always IM or SUB. never orally/sublingually!

Thinking of IV'ing next batch of 4-ho-MiPT/miprocin batch... any experience guys? Less tolerance time-frame perhaps? I can't imagine much more than subcutaneous or intramuscular injection, though? 8) Absolutely love miprocin w/ a dabble of 3-MeO-PCP (~5mg subcutaneous or intramuscular)... ROA always IM or SUB. never orally/sublingually!

Thinking of IV'ing next batch of 4-ho-MiPT/miprocin batch... any experience guys? Less tolerance time-frame perhaps? I can't imagine much more than subcutaneous or intramuscular injection, though? 8) Absolutely love miprocin w/ a dabble of 3-MeO-PCP (~5mg subcutaneous or intramuscular)... ROA always IM or SUB. never orally/sublingually!

yes very much expeirencw with IV'in tryptamines i have IV'ed every type i have done so far. Be careful is my best suggestion. start low like 8-10 mgs and i am sure you will be quite amazed if your already on the same substans you coul up it ti 10-15 but be prepared to have your mind blown an it can be a litt uncomfortable. But hey i do it all the time and i'm fine just dont mix it with ssri's or maoi's or other types of meds be clean and you should be fine. Let me tell you that IV'ing any type of tryptamine is very intense i made entity contact from 15mgs of 4-aco-dmt. star at 10 if you are experienced and you'll be fine any higher and its too much. i gave my friend 12 mgs of 4-ho det to IV cause he said he did dmt a lot and it floored him. if you want to know more just ask I IV every thing at some point. so far heroin coke crystal meth ketamine 4-ho-det 4-aco-met DPT 4-ho-mipt 4-aco-met 4-aco-dmt so if you ned info tell me.

Plus IM is a way higher dose than IV again be careful in a bad state of mind being real drunk i eyeballed some 4-aco-dmt had to be like 25mgs and ended up strapped to a be in the hospital. so again be careful and have a scale and use it lol.

Last edited:
Recent experience w/ frequent psych use:

• Day 1: 5-MeO-PCP, 12mg IM; and 12mg injected subcutaneous
  • Day 2: miprocin 30mg + 5-meo-dalt, nice; overwhelming in a profound deep way (combined so that peaking at same time); able to socialize on downside of trip.
  • Day 3: minor Drinking, phenibut, etizolam (dose irrelevant)
  • Day 4: 5-MeO-PCP, 20mg oral. No effects at T+1 & T+2 hr; IM'd 20mg. Beginning of effects were very enjoyable, i holed; then became amnesic and the dopaminergic effects overtook & blacked out for the remaining 4 hours while refusing to go back to my tent apparently (& refusing to IM away from people around the camp fire :X ..found out who real friends are when they call up one's own whole family telling them what drugs one is tripping on, AND telling them BEFORE the camping trip WHAT tripping substances were brought (not that this matters, all of such family know of such tripping practices)--when they SOLICITED these seem fucking drugs from the individual/"friend" they're in the process of backstabbing).. all while OTHER'S brought their own illicit substances & tripping drugs.

but I slept fine; sore as shit though.
  • Day 5: 100mg of miprocin oral little effects after 1 hour; before tolerance kicked in.. very dangerously subcutaneously IM'd 150mg. But was very enjoyable for about 5 hours (come up is about ~10 minutes; plateau w/in 30 minutes via this route)--baseline at 8 hour mark.
  • Day 6: baseline, but exhausted after camping trip & helping out my grandparents at their house on previous day. Did not sleep last night after miprocin trip at the end of the day. At end of day take 7mg alprazolam, IV 8mg etizolam & another 20mg orally (i know VERY high, but only b/c over 40 hours w/o sleep & must completely come down off of residual 3-meo-pcp & 4-ho-mipt effects...)
  • Day 7: slept 14 hours unending at around 7-8pm; back to baseline entirely next day (day 8).. able to function & think properly finally! All in all it seems you can only see-saw for only so long w/ at least the substances used here.

Thinking of IV'ing next batch of 4-ho-MiPT/miprocin batch coming in... any experience guys? Less tolerance time-frame perhaps? I can't imagine much more than subcutaneous or intramuscular injection, though? 8) Absolutely love miprocin w/ a dabble of 3-MeO-PCP (~5mg subcutaneous or intramuscular)... ROA always IM or SUB. never orally/sublingually!

Yeah dude don't IV 150mgs tolerance doesnt seem to mater when IV'ing orally sucks i agree I always sniff it never treid IM though. start with 10 then you'll get a feel for it trust me you will feel it . its like a speedball then the visuals come 10 seconds later and tou can barely move