• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Tryptamine Empathogen–entactogens

Fertile

Bluelighter
I'm sure that most people are aware that α-ethyltryptamine is classed as an empathogen (see TiKHAL #11) and was briefly sold masqueraded as MDMA although I feel it's more like MDA. Sadly nobody seems to have tried resolving the 2 optical isomers of αET, αMT or indeed any of the tryptamines that might serve as a decent MDMA alternative.

About a decade ago we had a sample of αMT resolved using O,O-dibenzoyl tartaric acid. Nobody had data on the optical rotation values of the isomers but the original (racemic) sample had a rotation value of 0 while both isomers displayed clear rotation and pleasingly the 2 rotations were equal. So just HOW well it was resolved I cannot say for sure. What I can confirm is that while both isomers produce central stimulation at lower doses, only the (S) enantiomer proved to be psychedelic at higher doses. That's useful because it overlays the (S) αMT that is a fragment of the LSD scaffold.

We went one step further and produced 7,α-dimethyltryptamine. It proved to be less stimulating and to produce significant empathogenic effects at doses low enough not to stray into it's psychedelic regime. It would appear that it caused the release and reduced the reuptake of serotonin (which was why we presumed the stimulating effects were reduced). The duration was also diminished to about 5 hours. That was presumed to be the 7-methyl being a sacrificial moiety. As well as altering the psychological effects, it provides the body with a point of oxidation that isn't limited to liver enzymes.

There was insufficient material to resolve the 7,α-dimethyltryptamine well but it does appear that it's possible to increase the monoamine-transport of the tryptamine scaffold so that their is a useful window between entactogenic and psychedelic activity.

The only fly in the ointment is that it would appear that the ROA of this class of compound is important. While the oral dose of αMT is 15-30mg but smoked, 4mg was sufficient. That is of concern because their is evidence that αET is an MAOI and I suspect αMT to share that pitfall. It would need very careful consideration and ultimately for someone to hazard large doses of the compound while BP and other vital signs are monotored.

Very interesting post! As you may know, Blough et al (2014) characterized the enantiomers of αET, with the S-(+) appearing more interesting. The only report I'm aware of involving 7-methyl-AMT, found it to be a pretty potent MAOI, so caution would be warranted.

Amt used to be sold as ecstacy. Ive heard the dea seized amt sold as ecstacy, it was tested lab results, and amt was legal at the time. Not sure if the guy got in trouble or not, probably legal penalties.

Amt used to be sold as ecstacy. Ive heard the dea seized amt sold as ecstacy, it was tested lab results, and amt was legal at the time. Not sure if the guy got in trouble or not, probably legal penalties.
They love to prosecute people based on what they say they're selling rather than what they actually sell, give a cop a bag full of rocks and tell them its weed 100% your ass is getting charged and prosecuted

They love to prosecute people based on what they say they're selling rather than what they actually sell, give a cop a bag full of rocks and tell them its weed 100% your ass is getting charged and prosecuted
Did anyone get charged with a certain felony, or misdemeanor , or the dea didn't have a case, since amt was legal, at the time, for selling amt as ecstacy capsules?

I haven't done it but have heard that 5 meo mipt has empathogen effects.

It was originally part of one of the typtamines, that was recommended or could be used for the borax combo, at two to three mgs, appears it's extremely potent mg per mg.

Last edited:

In the UK, we DO. Intent to supply. If you say it's drugs... or explosives or some toxins (the latter two I don't have examples of but is theoretically possible).

Last edited:
I haven't done it but have heard that 5 meo mipt has empathogen effects.

It was originally part of one of the typtamines, that was recommended or could be used for the borax combo, at two to three mgs, appears it's extremely potent mg per mg.
It definetly is.

This weekend i used

T0: 150mcg ALLAD
T+2,5h: 5mg 5meomipt and i could definetly feel more empathy after dosing this. Also my dancing was more smooth.

Great combo !