• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Trying to withdraw...

goosey

Greenlighter
I hope I can get some info or advice here. I'm currently tapering off Tramadol and Valium - I take the pills every other day - was taking between 200mg-300mg tramadol and 10mg valium every other day. Though some days I would only take 100mg Tramadol I'm slowly tapering down (I've been down this road before and failed - hopefully successful this time.) My query is every day I wake up recently and am due to take pills that day I have a bad pain in my bladder - this is relatively new, - just the past 2/3 months - I've been trying to ignore it. Has anyone else experienced this? will this go away if I successfully taper? have I done damage? I'd really appreciate any feedback before I go sit down with my family doctor. Thank you

i'm glad you're planning to consult a doctor. are you drinking enough? i have never heard anything about the symptoms you report. when i was really bad in my using i'd go for days without peeing because i was so bad at drinking water, and swear my kidneys would hurt though it could have been psychosomatic. certainly don't ignore it, your body is trying to tell you something.

well done on deciding to try and taper. as well as the physical aspect, there is the mental aspect to your using, i.e. what it is doing for you and why you are doing it. you will need to address that through some honest introspection., therapy and mutual support groups really help, to have the best chance of entering long term recovery.

i'm glad you're planning to consult a doctor. are you drinking enough? i have never heard anything about the symptoms you report. when i was really bad in my using i'd go for days without peeing because i was so bad at drinking water, and swear my kidneys would hurt though it could have been psychosomatic. certainly don't ignore it, your body is trying to tell you something.

well done on deciding to try and taper. as well as the physical aspect, there is the mental aspect to your using, i.e. what it is doing for you and why you are doing it. you will need to address that through some honest introspection., therapy and mutual support groups really help, to have the best chance of entering long term recovery.
Thanks so much for replying to me. I've researched loads and can't find the pain I experience anywhere as a dependency/withdrawal symptom. I will go to my doctor and hopefully can figure it out. The tapering is going slowly - I've read its best to do this rather than a shock to the system. I definitely need to address why I'm using - nothing obvious springs to mind - its just routine and my normal now - out of boredom maybe.... Thank you for your advice - really appreciate it xx