• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Trying to understand "dysphoria"

PotatoMan

Bluelight Crew
Back in june I "kandy flipped" for the first time. Was probably a Rc kandy flip tbh but I took a half tab of Rolling stones acid from england acquired from a hippie and a pill of X in the party I was at. Everything was great leading up to the peak of the X. I was dancing and having a great time but when I peaked out I think I made a complete fool of myself.

Basically my legs were feeling weak and I was feeling really high. But not euphoric. There wasn't much enjoyment here. I sat up on a rail and I started losing control of my body. I was feeling totally out of it and tired in a sense. My jaw was WIDE open. Like I couldn't even close it without it just falling back wide open. I was able to comprehend my surroundings but my body wasn't responding to what I wanted to do with it. I was swaying on the rail and almost fell off but luckily a girl I knew pointed me out and her and friends came up to me and one said "You look like you have lock-jaw" I kinda just shook my head with my jaw wide open and they were asking if I was ok and what I took. I managed to fucked-uply say LSD AND X! But I was totally out of it mayn. I was scared. I was probably scaring people. Anyway they asked if I needed water and I nodded cuz I was parched and when one girl handed me the cup, I couldn't communicate with my spinal cord to bring the cup to my mouth to sip it.

While this is all happening my jaw is still hanging wide open and I'm feeling overwhelmingly high but not in a good way. She had to put my hand to my mouth a couple times so I could take a sip. And they stayed with me till this peak passed and I was able to communicate with them and close my fucking jaw! It probably lasted about 10-15mins. Maybe more? But right after I went back to having a good time.

What I'm trying to find out is if that was what is referred to as "dysphoria" because it was a quite fucked up drug experience and I'm pretty sure now that that was definitely a pipe-bomb.

Do you know what pill you took?? some people get the jaw stuck open like that on high dose mdma and your expierence sounds like you were just overwhelmed. So yeah it might have been dysphoria but you should always test your drugs anyways.

Dysphoria is a condition described as not enjoying or the inability to enjoy things you normally would, or a general feeling of dissatisfaction.

I too think you were just simply overwhelmed :)

Maybe the reason is the same reason why serotonin syndrome is apparently often felt as dysphoric? And related to the effect curve of say dopamine and attention: it is not that the more the better, there is a peak optimum and beyond that it apparently acts counterproductively, showing side-effects associated with too much activity... with too much dopamine you get tweaky behavior like stereotypy, way past useful attention... confusion is an example of something seen with excess serotonin level - even if you are not even close to actual serotonin syndrome yet.
Something similar may be going on with the other monoamine levels involved and elevated with MDMA use.

And I think it explains those cases of people asking whether they had serotonin syndrome, while instead they were just seeing the similarities with it shared by the overactivity... even if not necessarily that dangerous.

This is in plain english, man. If you have trouble understanding this, you really should look up wikipedia.

so i had too much sero in my brain which caused the overwhelming effects? am i understanding fine? i was just being lazy as i been dealing with a lotta stress at work

Could have been that or blood pressure issue or a number of things since neither of us have any idea what you took. Please, at least reagent test your stuff.

na i've quit rolling till i acquire a test kit when i go to school in the states. Because all the stuff here is bunk. Yet everyone still takes it knowing this. I never understood that but I guess they really don't care since they just wanna get fucked up. This is why the meaning of the word molly is no longer pure MDMA lol.

Cool, this is how we play this game, responsibly. :)
Whenever you buy, just ask if you could test it, I'm pretty sure the nail will pop it's head out of the bag.