Desperate Trying to taper

Tattooed Nerd

Greenlighter
I went from using 120mg a day of oxy to i am now down to 15mg of oxy in the morning (mixed with 4 Somas) and 20 mg of hydro (and somas) around 5pm. The withdrawal is worse now then before. Within 5 hours of dosing the sweats start. Tomorrow is my last day doing 20mg at night and am going to move that to 10mg. I think the way i got off so much oxy a day to where i am now was by adding the Somas, plus i liked getting high still. Dumb i know. Not only is it the physical withdrawal but for some reason by hour 8 i become soooo emotional. I need every tip in your guys arsenal. I am going to ask my husband about getting me weed because i read on here it will help. I will only be able to use at night though because i have kids and dont want them smelling it. Also keep in mind i am doing virtual school with 3 kids and still need to be able to function. Oh i should add i have been using 6 years (this time). I need all the advice and patience i can get from you all. Im hoping to finally get off these for good. Thanks in advance everyone

Hey @Tattooed Nerd
I agree with ibt here, it's never really a good idea to mix 2 or more opiates when going through a taper. With that being said how much oxy/hydro do you have left? The main thing is you need to gradually start working your way down.
The weed would be good to help your body to kind of mellow out, but the main thing would be the w/ds. Do you have any benzos that you could take? Also, do you have any access to Kratom? If you were able to get some then it will for sure help with the wds.
In my experience with tapering is you only take enough to not get sick, and gradually go down from there. It's not going to be an overnight kind of thing either.

I went from using 120mg a day of oxy to i am now down to 15mg of oxy in the morning (mixed with 4 Somas) and 20 mg of hydro (and somas) around 5pm. The withdrawal is worse now then before. Within 5 hours of dosing the sweats start. Tomorrow is my last day doing 20mg at night and am going to move that to 10mg. I think the way i got off so much oxy a day to where i am now was by adding the Somas, plus i liked getting high still. Dumb i know. Not only is it the physical withdrawal but for some reason by hour 8 i become soooo emotional. I need every tip in your guys arsenal. I am going to ask my husband about getting me weed because i read on here it will help. I will only be able to use at night though because i have kids and dont want them smelling it. Also keep in mind i am doing virtual school with 3 kids and still need to be able to function. Oh i should add i have been using 6 years (this time). I need all the advice and patience i can get from you all. Im hoping to finally get off these for good. Thanks in advance everyone
hang in there. i can share wat helpled me kick from opiates. cannabis helps alot

I have enough to last me about 2 months for the oxy and hydros and about 5 or 6 days left to last me of the Somas. I also have a basically endless supply of gabapentin, i have imodium but can get more if need be. Thats basically it for my supplies. Its going to be a high stress day and i actually got started on the pills because of chronic pain and lately the pain has been getting worse because i am going through a flare. I am trying to find a different way to manage my pain. Unfortunately i also suffer from some mental illnesses that i think contributes to why i get so emotional so quickly when going through wd. .. i thought as i tapered that i could go longer between the effects of wd. I am dropping to 10 mg of the hydros starting Saturday . I am still going through sweats/ being cold and restless leg so bad i could climb up the walls before i redose.

I apologise, i just read my reply and i am all over the place... Also as you can tell by my reply i didnt manage to drop to 10mg yet, thats why im going to Saturday

Just my opinion, I would do a quick taper with the oxy while taking the hydros then start tapering the hydros along with the Somas. If you have enough hydros you can do a slow taper, which would be much more bearable. Gabapentin and clonidine with a FEW benzos or even Z drugs here and there when needed will help a lot. GL

It just takes time I'm tapering again for the hundreth time myself and you're doing better than I am right now. Just hang in there you've done good so far. At this point I say as long as you don't go back up you're doing good and you can cut down more once it's easier to handle