• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Trying to taper Percocet need advice

atibrat22

Greenlighter
I have been on Percocet for 10 years for spine injury. I have self detoxed 3 times in the 10 years so I would not have to increase my dose. I did it with the support of this site.

The difference is the prior times I had someone living with me and could just stay in bed and do things as I felt able.

Now I have 2 dogs I need to walk and a job working 2 days a week.

Before I went cold turkey but I don't have the energy to walk them and I need to take just enough to get me through the 2 days at work.

Can I still get off the percocet by taking small amounts to get through doing what I have to do. I don't need much energy the 5 days but I am 60 and can't make it through 8 hour shifts going cold turkey. I never crave taking the pills to get high, I just need to be able to function at some level.

I have been on Percocet for 10 years for spine injury. I have self detoxed 3 times in the 10 years so I would not have to increase my dose. I did it with the support of this site.

The difference is the prior times I had someone living with me and could just stay in bed and do things as I felt able.

Now I have 2 dogs I need to walk and a job working 2 days a week.

Before I went cold turkey but I don't have the energy to walk them and I need to take just enough to get me through the 2 days at work.

Can I still get off the percocet by taking small amounts to get through doing what I have to do. I don't need much energy the 5 days but I am 60 and can't make it through 8 hour shifts going cold turkey. I never crave taking the pills to get high, I just need to be able to function at some level.
How many milligrams are you taking a day?

If you have enough pills, the ideal taper is drop 10mg per week at the beginning of the week. Take that for a week and continue dropping 10mg on the first day of every following week until your free.

Last edited:
Yes, or try modafinil . Right Now i am tapering my 2500mg tram. daily and i remember i had to walk my little little dog when i stopped with smoking hydromorphone powder straigh front factory.

Stimulants - modafinil, Meth...anything but no caffeine boost your mood and energy.

Sedatives - pregabalin, alprazolam, lorazepam, diazepam, low dose mirtazapine, quetiapine, WEED..And try to at least watch tv, talk with somebody and enjoy the sun.

I do not like long term kratom. But with modafinil, alprazolam, pregabalin, levetiracetam etc. It Is possible. Also advice tizanidine..DEF. pregabalin and from benzos alprazolam. After 7 days the rough part Will be over...maybe try some antidepressant (escitalipram,venlafaxine,vortioxetine, mirtazapine)..Choose 2 of them...And Also do not taper with tramadol , i have 325apap/37,5mg tram pills and oral.drops 100mg/1ml, 100ml flask.

How many milligrams are you taking a day?

If you have enough pills, the ideal taper is drop 10mg per week at the beginning of the week. Take that for a week and continue dropping 10mg on the first day of every following week until your free.
I have been taking 20 mg a day for along time

Cut down to 15mg per day for a week, then drop to 10mg for a week, then 5,etc. You'll come outta this smelling like a rose :)
I will try that. I know 20mg is not a high dose but it seems like I have to take the 5 mgs 4 times a day now just to hold back withdrawals. I do not want to increase my dose.

Even going off of 20 mgs I feel like crap for a good week. I just don't want to drag out the withdrawals longer than I have to. Every decrease is hard.

I hate having to take a pill a couple times a day to feel half way ok. I also hate waking up every morning feeling horrible. Even taking a small dose can mess you up. I am also afraid of what it will feel like not taking them after 10 years.

I will try that. I know 20mg is not a high dose but it seems like I have to take the 5 mgs 4 times a day now just to hold back withdrawals. I do not want to increase my dose.

Even going off of 20 mgs I feel like crap for a good week. I just don't want to drag out the withdrawals longer than I have to. Every decrease is hard.

I hate having to take a pill a couple times a day to feel half way ok. I also hate waking up every morning feeling horrible. Even taking a small dose can mess you up. I am also afraid of what it will feel like not taking them after 10 years.
I have faith in you. You got this under control :)