• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Trying to switch to Suboxone!! Doesnt help with withdrawals!!

perrymarj99

Greenlighter
Hi, I have been a long time lurker, but I could really use some help!

Background- initially I used Meth/Crystal quit that thank god!! Hubby had many back surgeries and was on high doses of oxy and I would use daily as well. 40-60MGS throughout the day, maybe less depending on supply. Anyway, after two or so years of constant scripts for oxy, and buying illicitly when out (Super expensive!!!!) we decided to quit. Started taking kratom, really helped. I didnt realize how dependant you can become off that!! Have been on kratom for 4 years about. 10-12 gram doses every 3-4 hrs. Then the heroin. Don't know why I started that. Been using pretty consistently for the last year. A ball will last me about 4-5 days.

Decided ENOUGH!! Went to the Methadone clinic, i was only dosing with them for about 6 weeks. Never even increased completely to my "maintenance dose" before it became such a problem trying to dose before work. Constant holds due to whatever they need from you, and it was making me late for work. Decided to try Suboxone with Primary care provider. Tapered methadone, stopped completely for 8 days before introducing suboxone. I was using heroin in the meantime. I was told to wait 12 hours after last dose then 2mg every 2 hrs. Oh boy, I got precipitated withdrawl SO BAD. I tried taking more heroin, didnt help. Waited about 8 hellish hours, did more heroin, got somewhat better. Ugh.

So this time I tried waiting about 18-19 hrs, started with 1mg. No PWD, phew. Thank God. But I didn't feel any better. So I took the other 1 mg about 1.5 hrs later. And then another 2mgs, 2mgs, up to 10 mgs and still felt like crap. But not PWD. It just didn't seem to work for me. My husband did a Suboxone switch at the same time, no PWD and he felt better. Not 100%, but okay.

Does Suboxone just not work for everyone? Fyi.. Dr checked my urine before starting to make sure all the methadone was gone. It was positive when I went in to see her after the weekend from hell. So it was 3 weeks since my last methadone dose of 36mgs. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!?!? PLEASE HELP!!!

What's up @perrymarj99,

Gunna shoot this over to Health and Recovery, where you may get better responses.

I have no idea about how subs works for different people, but my guess would be just that. Have you tried methadone? IDK really.. that's why i'm popping it over to H&R.

Anyway, good luck, and i hope it all works out for you.

Welcome to Bluelight - have any questions just ask.

Peace.

I believe you werent getting relief, from what you said, you went up to 10mgs off the suboxone. Coming off from methadone may require you to go all the way upto 32mgs of suboxone as methadone is quiet a powerful opioid. Your receptors were not completely flooded with suboxone. Dont give up. You can do it and will get relief from the suboxone. I made the same mistake thinking the suboxone was not working and had stopped at 16mgs. When i went up to 24mgs i felt immediate relief. You may not have to go all the way to 32mgs. I get the same effect. I mess up and than try to go back on the suboxone. I wait an entire 16hrs after i cant take it anymore, i would take 2mg off the suboxone and for some reason go into precipitated withdrawals myself. This is a deterrent and had to force myself to take more off the suboxone until i reached 24mgs and thats when i started feeling better. Idk why the precipitate withdrawals occur? but it does get better. Messed up again but this time going to try kratom first. If that fails i have the suboxone. Hope this helps you and good luck

Okay, so first of all you don't need such huge doses. 2mg is OK daily dose, try to get to it. 4mg MAX. doing too much will just make getting off harder. It doesn't even give better high.
It will take a while to get working, but i'm sure if you do it for a week you'll be OK. It doesn't give you high, it just takes withdrawals off. I'm doing bupre everyday, PM me for any questions i'd love to help you man!

Update- doc upped me to 24 mgs. I have had much better relief. After the precipitated withdrawl I was too scared to take such a high dose. 4 days heroin free.

Ugh now I'm so tired I can't hardly wake up. I'm going to maybe lower the dose and see if that helps. Even at 24mgs, I still feel like a zap in my legs and arms. Why can't I get this right

still tired after a week!! I need this to work!! What am I doing wrong? What dose is going to make me feel better?