• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Trying to sleep

Iwanttobefree

Greenlighter
Hi, new to the site. I know meth is suppose to KEEP you up.. at least if it's any "good." But when I smoke it I usually am beat tired and fall asleep. All indications from color, melting rate ECT. lead me to believe I have decent quality stuff. My biggest problem is lately I cannot go to sleep as easy. I have relapsed since 12/ 31 /17 & have yet to " come down" usually redosing every 5 to 6 hours unless I am at work. Can any one tell me the risk / experience with smoking and then taking trazadone like 5 hrs later to sleep?

Not sure what your complaint is, are you falling asleep on meth, or taking trazadone cause you stay awake on meth?

Usually if I stay "up" that long I start falling asleep naturally. I'd avoid using potent antidepressants to help with that.

Not so much complaining. Sorry most definitely could of worded the post better. I was staying that I believe I have been continuously getting " good quality " product which should of kept me awake .... But ultimately I got use to sleeping after smoking. I am now having a hard time sleeping and was wondering if 50mg of trazadone ( prescribed by doctor to help keep me asleep as I was having difficulty before relapse ) would help me go back to sleeping? I hope this clarified my issue.

When I want to get good sleep after a binge on crystal I usually take about 20mg valium and 100mg instant release seroquel. If you can manage to get your hands on seroquel you'll get some good rest assuming you react normally to it.
As far as mixing trazadone and meth... It can cause some issues involving serotonin, I doubt 50mg would cause something as serious as serotonin syndrome but I can't say for certain. Be safe and try to get your hands on some benzos or possibly the seroquel.

Try not to be too shocked, but I know nothing about anything and what the heck is a benzo? Good Lord I feel so inadiquit and like i am more and more over my head..

Benzo is short for a benzodiazepine drug such as Valium, Ativan, Clonazepam or Xanax. The reason people suggest them is because they help with a stimulant comedown so you can get to sleep. Trazodone or Seroquel will do the trick as well. I'm not a meth person but when I used to smoke crack actually, Seroquel hit me harder and faster than Trazodone. Your mileage my vary. Welcome to the forums. :)

Wouldn't you need a prescription for those types of meds? I think I will give my 50 mg trazadone a try. If worse comes to worse at least I am only 2 minutes by car away from an ER

Wouldn't you need a prescription for those types of meds? I think I will give my 50 mg trazadone a try. If worse comes to worse at least I am only 2 minutes by car away from an ER
Yes a prescription is needed but you have meth don't you? You didn't get that from a doctor did you?

I would use benzos over trazodone. Trazodone is a complicated drug that metobolises into mcpp. Not sure trazodone will give you the rest and relaxation a benzo would.

Since you have insomnia you can get a legit prescription for at least 50mg instant release seroquel. It's not controlled or abusable like benzos so asking about it wouldn't be deemed drug seeking. Just say the trazadone isn't working and you did some research and would like to give seroquel a try.

Trazodon't advises against use of trazodone, in a stunning display of non-irony. But he's absolutely right in that it is metabolized to MCPP, which appears to be unpleasant and could interact with a meth comedown in a very anxiogenic way. IOW, it could cause panic attacks.

My question is, is the trazodone prescribed to you? If it is, you should be taking it as prescribed, not as a sleep-aid. I really doubt that a doctor would prescribe this just to help you sleep, compared to all the other options out there.

Trazodone has adrenergic activity, and while it would mostly counteract meth activity, I don't like the idea of two drugs competing with your adrenaline receptors.

Why not simply lay back and close your eyes? During a meth binge like you describe, you'll probably fall asleep instantly. Sometimes taking a big hit will do it, and you'll wake up in 2-4 hours.

^ Actually Trazodone is quite commonly prescribed as a sleep aid... usually 50mg, though 150ng has been rx'ed before

Seroquel is much better, at low-moderate doses it is basically just a very potent antihistamine and will put most people closer to Mr. Sandman

100mg is too much to start, 25-50ng is a fine starting dose; if you are in the U.K, get hydroxyine, and start with 50mg, another potent antihistamine with mild anti-anxiety effects; the dosage is 25-100ng, would start with say, 50mg, that should be plenty, you can always take another 25mg 40 minutes later; should be a good comedown drug

Benzodiazepines would be ideal, for occasionally helping with a comedown; 1mg xanax or clonazepam would be ideal, or a hypnotic benzodiazepine like Tenazepam, start w/ 15mg if you get it(or go by doctors advice, they do have tablets that are IIRC 10 and 20mg)

Valium is good, although a single dose would wear off fairly quickly, however it is likely a good "comedown" medication, though would suggest you take 10mg, or personally 7.5mg to relax, and another ~5mg or so to keep it in your system(range 2.5-7.5, depending upon response to initial dose)

Worse comes worse, doxylamine, that is Unisom Classic Sleeptabs, are an effective sedative hypnotic, and you would be surprised at what 25ng can do(just don't take more than 50mg, because it' is kinda pointless, and can begin causing anti-cholinergic effects

Sone otc options, and RX medications, RX are better, though a combo can be most effective and allow you take less of each

So I hadn't gotten these replies before falling asleep last night. Last time I smoked was 2 hours prior to taking trazadone. I took it at 830, by 10 was out like a light and slept ALL night! Woke up feeling great. We shall see how today goes... thanks everyone for all your advice. Btw I'm in the USA in case that has anything to do with what I might have access too.

Trazodon't advises against use of trazodone, in a stunning display of non-irony. But he's absolutely right in that it is metabolized to MCPP, which appears to be unpleasant and could interact with a meth comedown in a very anxiogenic way. IOW, it could cause panic attacks.

My question is, is the trazodone prescribed to you? If it is, you should be taking it as prescribed, not as a sleep-aid. I really doubt that a doctor would prescribe this just to help you sleep, compared to all the other options out there.

Trazodone has adrenergic activity, and while it would mostly counteract meth activity, I don't like the idea of two drugs competing with your adrenaline receptors.

Why not simply lay back and close your eyes? During a meth binge like you describe, you'll probably fall asleep instantly. Sometimes taking a big hit will do it, and you'll wake up in 2-4 hours.

This is one of those things. Different regions/areas/countries have different prescribing practices. Trazodone is a really old antidepressant, but I would venture to say that over 90% of prescriptions written for Trazodone are for the treatment of insomnia. It's a drug that can be easily prescribed to a dangerously irresponsible individual, which is great, but the drawback is that it's not nearly as effective as other, harder to obtain options. Peripheral nervous system malaise is the only way I can describe how this drug makes me feel, but your experience might be different.

^ yeah, if taking an "antidepressant" tonsleep, much prefer Serooquel, not my favorite sedative by any means, though 25-100mgs, it's fairly clean and just a strong antihistamine,?--although IIRC clyiunwlcan wake up odd

Tgiughbyeah, for some reason Most Trazodone RX's encountered personally were probably for insomnia

Seroquel never worked for me, trazadone on the other hand knocked me out. Like Lorne said, most trazadone prescriptions I've seen were for insomnia, usually due to ptsd.