• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Trying to replicate lean/sizzurp

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeDog

Greenlighter
Hi so basically what the title says i'm living in the UK and you cant actually get the codeine and promethazine cough syrup so im trying to make my own. There are 2 ways i have been doing this. The first method CWE i buy 2 boxes of co codamol and CWE all 64 pills which gives me 450mg give or take including how much is lost, i then crush up 7-8 phenergan pills which amounts to 70-80mg of promethazine and throw it in the cup with some sweeteners and juice. The second method is using codeine linctus which is pretty much a 200ml bottle of syrup that has 15mg of codeine every 5ml and then again i crush up the promethazine and throw it in this way amounts to 600mg of codeine and 70/80mg of promethazine. Now the problem i have is it doesnt really seem to be effecting me much. I read online that most people use about 2 ounces of real syrup if my calculations are correct amounts to about 110mg of codeine and 68.75mg of promethazine so my method is actually stronger but it doesnt seem to be working for me. I use this legit uk website so im certain everything im adding is 100% legit https://allcures.com/ its NHS related im sure.

Im basically asking for help incase i'm doing anything wrong i could have a tolerance to codeine and promethazine but i doubt it would be that extreme for me not to feel a whole lot of my homemade lean. Im reading all these great storys about people being on cloud 9 from lean and i just cant seem to replicate that. I have seen some websites where i can buy real lean not sure if its a scam or not but im going to stop taking all drugs for about a month incase it is my tolerance and see if it drops and if i get the full effects next time i make "lean". I read somewhere that promethazine stops the body from processing codeine but i dont know how true that is because that would make cough syrup useless but anyway im open to all feedback thanks in advance. :)

Skip the extra step of making syrup and just take the meds as they are in the same dose. I don't use those compounds so I won't even try to suggest what you should dose.

The allure of „lean“ probably comes mostly from nostalgia (for the older ones) or glamour (for the younger ones).

Until „lean“ became mainstream it was simply a cheap, easy-to-source substance to get f‘ed up on. Docs may have been hesitant to prescribe Oxy to a young black man, but some codeine/promethazine syrup... eh, why not? After all, you‘d expect the promethazine to actually detract from the high, unless you were just looking to nod out (and which druggie in their right mind would want *that*, amirite?).
...and in time, the stuff became a symbol of the Southern ghetto culture, the pharmaceutical equivalent of a confederate flag, if you will o_O

And now that Actavis cough syrup (the most popular base for „lean“) has been discontinued, and doctors are hesitant to prescribe codeine/promethazine syrups in general, it‘s suddenly become cool because it‘s rare and expensive and all the cool famous rappers are using it. A vintage bottle of Actavis now sells for obscene amounts of money, and people will praise it to high heavens, like they would with a similarly expensive bottle of wine or scotch.

At any rate, ~100mg of codeine/promethazine is commonly listed as a starting dose for someone with no tolerance. Someone who‘s used to stronger opioids or even heroin is not going to get high off of that dose, and probably isn‘t going to be particularly impressed by larger amounts either. Plus you‘ll eventually reach a dose where the promethazine‘s anticholinergic effects become so pronounced that they‘ll start causing seizures (see: Lil Wayne), the loss of bowel control and full-blown delirium.

Last edited:
Never understood the fascination with lean when there's so much better drugs out there. Seems like it's just a status symbol in the rap world really. Way better highs out there for a fraction of the price.

I guess it has been glamorised way too much i thought it was something special, seems like the big hype is over nothing really kinda dissapointed

Yup, it’s way over hyped. Just straight recreational doses of codeine with a little antihistamine thrown in is far more enjoyable than lean ever could be (as the high doses of antihistamine in it overpowers the opiate effects to a significant degree). Plus not drinking that shitty syrup is better for you health ;)

There was an OTC sirup containing promethazine/DXM/paracetamol (no codeine though) available in my country few years ago. It mysteriously disappeared from the market, and nobody knows why. If i ask at pharmacies about it, they check the database and tell me it's still on the market, just out of stock. It's out of stock everywhere. For two years now :D If i check the manufacturers website, there is a note saying that the sirup is just temporarily unavailable. I think that people were using it as a fake lean, which made the distributor to secretly stop making it :D Maybe there were people overdosing on it giving themselves paracetamol poisoning :D

There was an OTC sirup containing promethazine/DXM/paracetamol (no codeine though) available in my country few years ago. It mysteriously disappeared from the market, and nobody knows why. If i ask at pharmacies about it, they check the database and tell me it's still on the market, just out of stock. It's out of stock everywhere. For two years now :D If i check the manufacturers website, there is a note saying that the sirup is just temporarily unavailable. I think that people were using it as a fake lean, which made the distributor to secretly stop making it :D Maybe there were people overdosing on it giving themselves paracetamol poisoning :D

Paracetamol-induced liver damage, Promethazine-induced anticholinergic seizures/delirium, DXM-induced serotonergic seizures/delirium... definitely not a good combo to abuse.

god this whole lean and bars fixation has hit the UK like a ton of bricks
kids everywhere running around with fake pills and cups of codeine linctus mixed with blackberry cordial and 'LEAN' written over the labels in paint-pen...

I guess it has been glamorised way too much i thought it was something special, seems like the big hype is over nothing really kinda dissapointed

glad you've realized man - if you wanna take codeine just take it don't mix it into some witch's brew with god knows what else in it

Yup, it’s way over hyped. Just straight recreational doses of codeine with a little antihistamine thrown in is far more enjoyable than lean ever could be (as the high doses of antihistamine in it overpowers the opiate effects to a significant degree). Plus not drinking that shitty syrup is better for you health ;)

^ qft

This crap has gotten so popular that im seeing imitation lean bottles sold legally in head shops... Also "Coco Loco" which i assume is a cocoa extract for the stimulant chemical which is really nothing special... Can we just have our good old drugs back please? The more they crack down. the more garbage "legal highs" flood the shops...

So, so stupid. Rappers have propagated this notion that Codeine is a very powerful drug. Rappers, who have absolutely no musical talent whatsoever and exist solely based upon their "image" (like Britney Spears), it would seem are equally bad at choosing which drugs to take.

Crack-Money-Bitches-Lean-Benz-Crack-Money-Bitches-Lean-Bitches-Crack-Crack-Slingin-Trappin-Crack---------> In 2017, this is music.

Status
Not open for further replies.