• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trying small doses of uk magic mushrooms for depression- good idea or no?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
Im interested in small doses taken for depression since I read about david Nutts claims of them bieng a treatement for depression.

Thing is though Ive been scared away from them for a few years due to one really heavy bad one but then the other ones were just reminding me of that bad one. Though I was still taking deliberate tripping doses back then rather than even attempting to stay under threshold (I think 3-6grams of dried).

I do recall though when I was even younger in my teens where Id only have a few with my friends, not enough to trip and we'd just be really giggly and lighhearted and just bop around our little village all night talking to the local characters. So things were very light and fun in those cases.

Im really rather mentally fragile these days though, and stimulants I cant really take any more without getting into a fit of hysteria. Ive only been able to get on with kratom really in the last year or so but had to stop that now for the foreseeable future plus it wasnt really very good as an anti depressant.

I do have quite alot of experience with shrooms though and am alot more careful these days with weighing my doses so I feel like I know my doses, and know what was too much etc with them so I doubt Id have the urge to take any doses which would cause me trouble if I slowly tirtrate.

Thoughts?

Well spore syringes and grow bags are relatively simple, more potent and cleaner. Also yes the FDA is looking into "magic mushrooms" to help treat treatment resist and depression as well as ketamine. I have used Kratom a variety of times and love maeng da :) good luck with whatever you do; right now I'm going threw electro convulsant therapy again for my major depression which actually works extremely well. I've also been prescribed 20mgs of baclofen 3 times a day having tried phenibut before and saw positive benefits outside of the withdrawal and dirtiness of the drug. Best of luck to you

Last edited:
I dont want more potent! the old liberty caps are quite potent enough. Just right really. In terms of not so strong that you can easily fuck up dose wise.

I hear you the biggest thing I was trying to get accross was you never really know what your getting unless you grow yourself. Being more potent just means take less. Use for treating major depression means taking moderate doses somewhat frequently for a short period of time because psylocibin helps create new neural connections in the brain and strengthening ones that are already there. There are many other reasons it aids in major depression but it doesn't sound like you have much to lose by trying it. Ayahuasca has also been known to have a huge impact on depression with lasting effects after only one dose

Last edited:
I dont want more potent! the old liberty caps are quite potent enough. Just right really. In terms of not so strong that you can easily fuck up dose wise.

I am in the exact same position as you in that I hope psychedelics can alleviate my depression /anxiety to some extent. I also get edgy and anxious when on most drugs (especially stimulants) but I think that I just have to force myself to stop fearing this with respect to tripping. Maybe just overcoming this obstacle will they key to taking control of my thought processes in general? Maybe not but who's knows, it all surely boils down to discarding irrational thoughts with anxiety right? (and nothing bad will happen to you on a trip really will it?)

I think just the thought of having a supply of benzos at the ready will help you relax during the trip as you know you can just kill any trip anxiety if you need to.

I'm really just speculating here, I am only just starting my journey...

Well yes bad things can happen you can have a bad trip :p Though my bad experiences in hindsight Id say were me being foolhardy and not measuring my doses or just taking more for the sake of it.

True if you are comfortable with benzoes they would help I guess. I also am scared of benzoes though believe it or not, due to addictive potential so even when Ive taken them a couple of times on a stim comedown Id be resisting the effects just worrying about if I got addicted to them due to the horror stories Ive read about the withdrawals.

Im still looking for a generally non addictive downer which can act as a safe 'base' :). Kava turned out to be a dud, but mulungu seems the closest thing there is on that front.

Typically most people attribute bad trips to being in a bad state of mind before tripping. Be careful taking benzodiazepines with shrooms because benzodiazepines have a tendancy to numb emotions and could take away from the enlightening or "spiritual" experience with shrooms

If you are depressed and as you wrote 'mentally fragile' do not take magic mushrooms or any other psychedelic drugs.

Instead get help via therapy or with therapy, and taking an anti-depressant. Good luck.

Yes but sometimes you've exhausted all other options like I have I've tried every class of anti depressant and then other types that sometimes help. Low doses of magic mushrooms shouldn't hurt him or her as long as they're not predisposed towards schizophrenia or another type of psychosis

Myself and quite a few others in and around my social circle did this, and quite successfully too! as far as I know no one experienced any negative effects and it was a complete success in most cases! The key component i would like to bring up tho was that this approach, at least in my case and the ones i personally observed, is microdoseing!!!!! My friends that self healed with this method along with myself were all using the same source of albino penis envy mushrooms for the known duration in which this was a continued and consistant approach. Although the mushrooms were some of the most potent one could ever hope to aquire dose range was held in the range from as little as .25- and never above 1g as for the purpose of treating depression. Something else that i believe played a key role in this weekley to by-weekly microdosing is that not only did we frequently microdose together but during most sessions we would carpool to a nice and secluded hikeing trail. Tbh when i started the process i was doubtful that the low dose would even effect me, but immediately found that i was not only incorrect but the effects exceeded anything i felt they could possibly achieve. I really believe a large part of how present the effects actually were is due to the hikeing. I feel like the phisical use of energy combined with the frequent natural setting, along with the sense of togetherness we felt in gathering like that to better our own minds are all factors that when compiled were as much responsible for the effect achieved as the psilocin its-self. I would achieve truely pronounced visual activity off only a .5 under the formentioned set of circumstances. Tho recreationally i enjoyed and still enjoy doses much higher, however for this specific purpose and if you intend to do like i did and take a weekley dose I strongly reccomend microdosing in the range I mentioned a before. There was a point in my life where the only way i would have considered eating a dose that small was if i was trying to determine potency, however i really can't immagine that dosing like we did for depression would be anywhere near as positively successful at a higher range. I mean at that dose range and using the trip time the way we did seemed to allow nothing but positiveity into the expirience. I do not recall a single bad vibe, stress, worry, or anxiety being present at any single point during any of the dosing sessions we had, and I for one feel thats in all reality pretty damn impressive!!! Im sure there are other activities that would be every bit as effective as the hikes we took my honest advice is to go about it with an equivalent mindset and outline but taylor the expirience to what you feel would be the most positive for yourself, but please do plan and put serious thought into the whole expirience. I can almost promise that if you treat the whole process as if its all a part of the spiritual medicine it will be fathoms above just microdosing once a week on the couch without a plan as far as the success you can expect to have with this type of healing!

I grew a ton of mushrooms this summer, and have been able to experiment an enormous amount over the last few months. One of the things I've done is to grind up dried mushroom and capsulize them. I've been using 00 caps, and my feeling is packed really densely, there is about half a mushrooms worth of material in each cap. I've found that taking them this way, provides a pretty steady dose. I feel elevated, and right on the verge of hallucinating when I take this amount. It is on the verge of tripping. phsically and emotionally I get a lift. The other night I went to see Florence and the Machine at the Hollywood Bowl. I gave my wife about half of one of these caps and she was dancing like crazy, as was I. But at a third of a cap, i am definitely feeling elevated and uplifted without any psychedelic affect. I happen to think that unless you develop a resistance, this could really work for you. experiment a little. Less is really more in this instance, but it is my opinion that this could really work for you and is more organic than most anti depressants. Feel free to PM me if you would like more info. Cheers.

About this time last year there was a good bloom and I got to experience varying doses from around 4 single fresh libs to 25g fresh libs, personally I'd. Say once you reach about 6g fresh minor psychedelic effects can be noted. Also my gf took maybe 8/9 fresh libs of a nice ripeness that gave her more energy as well as minor giggles (although we had been smoking too) but she experienced 'mushie brain' the next day in which she was quite foggy minded the whole day , so be prepared with some supplements or something for after their active time so you don't experience any comedown effects the next day , although me personally have never had a comedown the next day from shrooms :) hope this was of help in some way