• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Trying out CBD for the very first time

drfeelgood1

Bluelighter
I had been reading up on CBD oils, extracts and capsules, but I need some advice here.
Been on Xanax doing 0.5 mg per day for social anxiety.

I have a many questions below, and since I am willing to try and test CBDs as a first timer, please guide me into a right direction.

I really prefer capsules.

I just need to get off the Xanax and be more motivated a bit. All I need, is some advise on right CBD dosage forms for treating depression and anxiety.

Without posting brand names here on this forum, what should I be looking for when selecting CBD capsules?
What dosage PER CAPSULE (for a first time user) should I start with?
What other ingredients should I look for or not to look for on the label?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I know I read to get significant anti-anxiety effects with CBD alone you need something like 650mg which is retardedly expensive. But I think you get plenty of effects in the 10-50 milligram range easily. Remember the half life of CBD is 1-2 days or even longer, so you shouldn't really have to take it every 2 or 3 hours like a lot of people would. Even if they feel like it's not lasting longer than that amount of time, I'd bet it's placebo.

Could start with 5mg to be sure you're not wasting anything and up it to up to probably 100mg a day in 10mg increments if nothing's happening.

What would be the dose for me when I see on the label (for capsules) such as below as an example?
300 mg CBD + CBDa (10mg per capsule)

These products are really expensive...

Ill pass...I think CBDs are useless anyways. Its just all marketing BS. And not to mention the price.
Its a total rip off anyways.

I'll probably not feel any ani-anxiety effects from CBDs because of my intake of Xanax.
I would be too tolerant to CBDs just because I am on Xanax.