View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trying AMT for the first time

misplaced energy

Bluelighter
Ok so I have no previous experience with psychedelics, I have quite a lot of experience with mdma though which is what I was going for and hoped at a low dose I could experience some euphoria and empathy but I'm worried about the visuals and what to expect and fear my anxiety about opening my mind to psychedelics may lead to a bad trip.
I intend on starting with a dose of around 15-20mg plugged after an initial allergy test.

Is this dose considered too low as a starter dose?

I will be experimenting in my home with a trusted friend who's also inexperienced.

Am I likely to experience strong visuals or is this rc quite a mild hallucinogen?

I'm trying to gather as much info as possible without being put off but as a complete noob to this class of drug I'm not completely satisfied it will be for me.

I've read many trip reports and people describe it as beautiful and that sounds appealing but I'm trying to define if what is being described is something I've already experienced taking mdma, I'm a lover of the eye wiggles, the loved up feeling and the need to tell people in depth how I'm feeling.

I worry that seeing things morph or bend will make me feel panicky though. I'm familiar with heightened senses and colours seeking brighter and I often become absorbed at looking at the lazers and lighting at raves and find them fascinating it's just the way people describe visuals in trip reports make it sound very detailed and intense.

Another question, would it be handy to have benzos around if I'm not enjoying the trip? What are the chances they will bring me back to a clear mind frame and help me to sleep when I'm ready to end the trip?

Thanks in advance for any info, if anyone has anything else to add that I have not asked please feel free as it will be very much appreciated.
My apologies if anything I've written Is not allowed out my post is in the wrong place.

I found an oral dose of 15mg to be similar to MDMA with euphoria etc but with no visuals so to speak. I maybe seemed to have more of a brighter field of vision but nothing distorting so i doubt you will have anything to worry about. AMT usually feels quite welcoming and easy going (still near 12 hours) at low doses (5 - 25mg) so i don't think you will experience any freak outs or bad trips but it is always good to have benzos at hand just incase. Some people claim AMT to be the light tryptamine that is good for introducing people to psychedelic drugs, Enjoy! :)

I did 30mg for my first time and actually it was almost uncomfortable. Pretty underwhelming. Still, its always good to start low. If I ever encounter aMT again I'll go for 50-60mg.

Thankyou, that's very helpful. Psychedelics have always intrigued me but I worry my mind couldn't handle it. This sounds perfect to start with a very low dose and work my way up the following month to a more psychedelic dose if I enjoy the experience. A few people have stated at very low doses they find it to be speedy with no euphoria but still I would rather that than tripping balls and not knowing what's going on. My friend has just taken a 40mg dose. He's had experience with psychedelics before but never this chemical. As his sober buddy I can also get a little more clued up

For me, there are no psychedelic effects at 30 mg, only stimulation. From 40 mg onwards, visuals begin to manifest, but so do the side effects, which, in my opinion, vastly outweigh positive aspects of aMT.
In fact, the body load is just too overwhelming for my liking. Never had a nausea though (predosed with Metoclopramide), but overall this chemical feels very, very demanding on the body: hyperthermia, tremors, twitching, restlessness, and headache are all part of the experience. Plus the day after feels like one was run over by a tractor. Twice.

Thankyou, I'll take that into account. My buddy has just come up and is feeling intense euphoria and had to rush to throw up. He's feeling amazing though.

For me, there are no psychedelic effects at 30 mg, only stimulation. From 40 mg onwards, visuals begin to manifest, but so do the side effects, which, in my opinion, vastly outweigh positive aspects of aMT.
In fact, the body load is just too overwhelming for my liking. Never had a nausea though (predosed with Metoclopramide), but overall this chemical feels very, very demanding on the body: hyperthermia, tremors, twitching, restlessness, and headache are all part of the experience. Plus the day after feels like one was run over by a tractor. Twice.

I'm just adding to show that people can differ extremely.

I really like 30mg at a rave. Empathy, confidence, shitloads of energy and no real visuals but everything looks different. Almost like a movie.
I feel absolutely no bodyload using aMT (I've gone up to 40mg). Afterglow is wonderful, no hangover whatsoever.

You're lucky then I guess :) Judging from the majority of trip reports, it appears that getting no bodyload from 30+ mg doses of aMT is almost a miracle. I might be wrong, though, since I do not have a vast personal experience wih it. Still, I would not recommend this one for the first-time psychedelic journey...

Wow I'm surprised at all the aMT hate, aMT is lovely stuff IMO. Contrary to what's said above I find doses of 30mgs and under to produce a heavier bodyload than even 80mg doses, though that's not to say I would reccomend anyone start at that dose! For me, there's a "breakthrough" with aMT that happens around the 40mg dose where the bodyload melts away as the trip comes on wheras with lower doses I tend to get stuck in the initial uncomfortable phase for the duration of the trip.

Never had any sort of comedown, in fact aMT is quite known for it's lasting anti-depressant like afterglow that lasts up to weeks after a single dose despite being such a potent TRA. Headaches and potential hyperthermia are easily solved by otc analgesic/fever reducers. Maybe lack of sleep and nutrition/hydration is to blame for "feeling like you were hit by a truck"... this can be solved by rectal dosing early in the day. I can plug a dose of aMT, get a full nights rest, and work a 10h shift the next day happily. Rectal admin is the way to go with aMT without a doubt. bodyload lasts like 45 mins, duration is shortened to ~10-12 hours, dose is the same IME, and the whole trip is just smoother...really, it's the only way I'll ingest aMT anymore. It's effects are like a combination of MDMA (though for me more "natural" feelings of euphoria), and small end doses of LSD as far as visuals go...maybe 100mcs or so. Finding your sweet spot and ROA with the drug is almost as important as the drug itself IMO.

Still, I would not recommend this one for the first-time psychedelic journey...

aMT was my first psychedelic, that trip was THE best, THE most intense trip (not difficulty wise, I've personally found it near impossible to have a bad trip on...though anythings possible I guess) and I wouldn't take it back for anything in the world. Some may say it's not a good drug for your first trip due to the heavy bodyload and long duration but in reality, aMT is probably the most recreational, easiest to handle tryptamine on the market. There have been a couple first timers that have taken aMT with me and when dosed properly at about 40 - 50mgs they all loved it, the shitty hour or two come-up is made up for by the hours and hours of fun. aMT has it's followers in my circle of friends, it's a shame that demand will likely never be met again due to legality issues...what a shame. Oh well, I've still got the APB's as far as psychedelic monoamine releasers go, though these feel a hell of alot less healthy than aMT. Who would've thought :p

Last edited:
I'm guessing that plugged dose of 15-20mg will produce an experience similar intensity to the 30mg oral I took one time. To me the come up had quite a nasty body load, similar to getting a dirty pill. There was a constant switching of feeling uncomfortably hot, to freezing cold , hints of nausea (although this was mild enough to ignore), and strong restlessness/anxiety. About an hour into it these effects sort of faded and I felt an MDMA like euphora and stimulation like I've never gotten of anything else since! I had to go run around the block a few times and when I got back I frantically cleaned everything in the kitchen. All this physical activity induced strong and pounding heartbeat which took quite a while to calm down (not necessarily uncomfortable though). Two hours into it the ridiculous stimulation calmed down and I noticed some purplish fluorescent flower like fractals on the walls if I stared at them for a bit. This trippy phase of the AMT was enjoyable and very gentle on the mind, there was little to no confusion as you'd get with more intense psychedelics like acid or shrooms. All in all the first 5 hours of AMT are pretty fun once you get past the uncomfortable come up.

The rest of the trip is a rather annoying. It's a very long comedown that doesn't provide anything useful. You feel a whole lot of nothing other than having the feeling you are on something. The physical and mental stimulation are largely gone, the visuals are gone, the music appreciation is gone, the desire to talk and connect with people is gone, but there is no way you can go to sleep. Perhaps some weed could've helped here, otherwise I just wished I had some benzos on hand so I could've just knocked myself out instead of sitting through 7 long hours of frustrating boredom...

The best part of my AMT experience were the 4 days following it! It seems to have some sort of long lasting anti-depressant after effect. I'd wake up feeling very refreshed, full of energy and was in a perfect mood for those 4 days after it.

I get the same body load. 50mg gave me a 14 hour flu with weird side effects that linger until the next day. People experience it wildly differently though; I gave 50mg doses from the same batch to 5 other people and 4 had a great time with zero body load and lots of euphoria.

Having benzo's on hand would be great because this drug could be extremely uncomfortable to you. My trip wasn't scary to me whatsoever but it was very long and I couldn't sleep it off or do anything. A normal dose of a benzo will pretty much stop the trip and let yo sleep.

This drug has more of a body high than anything, don't expect many visuals.

Last edited:
It is reported to be visual at high doses, but I am reluctant to go that deep considering the body load. On the other hand, it might be that once the psychedelia really kicks in, one is no longer bothered by side effects? I had that with shrooms, low doses were physically bothersome, yet 7-8 grams were so intense that I totally forgot about body load, was too busy remaining sane enough not to spiral into fractal delirium :)

It is reported to be visual at high doses, but I am reluctant to go that deep considering the body load. On the other hand, it might be that once the psychedelia really kicks in, one is no longer bothered by side effects? I had that with shrooms, low doses were physically bothersome, yet 7-8 grams were so intense that I totally forgot about body load, was too busy remaining sane enough not to spiral into fractal delirium :)

I thought that the mild psychedelia would make me forget about the body load at 50mg, but instead it just made it so much longer and more uncomfortable. Ugh.

I'm guessing that plugged dose of 15-20mg will produce an experience similar intensity to the 30mg oral I took one time.
Plugged dose is the same as oral, if anything a 20mg plugged dose would equal 25mgs... Sounds to me like your underdosing by quite a bit. Your not getting any reward for your suffering. Anyways if you do plug you should only be uncomfortable for like an hour to an hour and a half, me personally, 45mins. The come-up is still long but rectal cuts out the dragging end-phase. The trip goes like: 2-3 hours to peak, 4-6h peak 2-3h comedown.

The best part of my AMT experience were the 4 days following it! It seems to have some sort of long lasting anti-depressant after effect. I'd wake up feeling very refreshed, full of energy and was in a perfect mood for those 4 days after it.

I definately wouldn't say it's the best part but I sure do feel great after aMT, idk where all this nasty comedown stuff is coming from.

It is reported to be visual at high doses, but I am reluctant to go that deep considering the body load. On the other hand, it might be that once the psychedelia really kicks in, one is no longer bothered by side effects? I had that with shrooms, low doses were physically bothersome, yet 7-8 grams were so intense that I totally forgot about body load, was too busy remaining sane enough not to spiral into fractal delirium

Like I said, for me the bodyload decreases once you pass the 30-40mg mark and levels out until you push past 80mgs... in between 40-80mgs is where the real psychedelia kicks in and the bodyload melts away as you enter the good phase at about t+2-3 hours. Your not gonna be fighting for your ego with aMT, but you should have some worthwhile effects to make up for any discomfort in the first few hours of the trip. You should try plugging aMT, it's a whole new ballpark when plugged, seriously. Even orally though I find the same to be true as far as the dose/bodyload ratio. Low doses don't push me over the edge into the main part of the aMT experience.

PS. There's a med for just about every one of aMT's negatives if you refuse to go the rectal route and are one of the folk who have a hefty bodyload...

Nausea - Ondansetron/antihistamines/cannabis
Headache - otc pain reliever/fever reducer (ibuprofen/acetaminophen/paracetamol)
Increased body temp - see headache, maybe a shower as well.
Tremors - etizolam (or any other benzo really), small .25mg doses
Bruxism/Trisma - Magnesium
Tachycardia/Hypertension - see tremors

Last edited:
Thankyou all for the derailed information. I've still yet to try it, I have my friend some tonight and she loved it although after a couple of hours said it's not quite as intense as she thought it would be. She had 50mg, spent a good while unable to talk just sat there feeling euphoric and and rushing like mad. I'm looking forward to plugging some and seeing what happens. Thanks again. Very useful information.