Trt and best timing for blood work

~chucklehead~

Bluelighter
Obviously I know I should get my labs done right before my next shot on the same day when my lvls are lowest. I started off 3 weeks ago with 1st shot of 400mgs of test cyp scheduled to be shot once monthly. I then convinced doc into weekly 100mg shots last Tuesday. Today before my nurse prepped my shot I asked to ask my doc if I could have a dose raise. He wasn't there at the time, so I said just relay the msg and I'll get my normal dose today about 10:43p or 11:43p. Well about 330p a nurse calls and says before he decides I need to come down for blood work anytime at my convenience. I'm thinking "Fuck! It's been 4 or 5 hrs since my shot!" I kept contemplating back and forth for 10 min or so if I should wait till next Tuesday right before shot, but I have no patience for shit I Really want done, even though everywhere I've read cyp reaches full blood plasma in 24 to 48hrs. Well, I ended up saying fuck it and getting my blood work at 4p. Did I fuck up guys? Or am I overreacting? I told the nurse that I just got a shot and wanted to check my peak lvls and if she could make a note to the doc that next week I wanted to check my trough lvls. She didn't write shit and just said it's in your file. Any thoughts fellas?

Thanks, Shaun

You're right, you should have waited as the test results could be quite elevated after 4-5 hours. You'll need to reschedule another test before you have your shot.

BTW congrats for getting them to give you a weekly dosing schedule. 400mg per month of cyp, what a joke lol!

Yea that's what I was thinking and worried about. I already left a msg with my doc about it earlier so he'll know it was more of a peak than a trough test, hoping he won't make any rash decisions without knowing the facts first. You really gotta keep these family docs in line with educated persuasions lol. I talked him into the fact I'm well aware of how to self inject from my hundreds of b-12 shots I've done(not really b-12?) but the other MD there(his boss so he says) doesn't want patients self injecting. Soo. . he set me up with a urologist on the 15th. I would of pefered a endocrinologist but I'll try it out. If he turns out a quack and tries putting me on the gel or fucking with my protocol in a bad way, I'll just go back with my family doc or ask for an endo referral. Thanks for the reply CFC! I'm out. . .

Thanks, Shaun

Well fellas no more than 4-5hrs after my 100mg cyp shot. Nurse just called earlier and said my TT was 805. Pre trt my lvl was 71. But damn even though I could ever so slightly feel it, I can't believe it was 805! Cuz day 2 and 3 that shit started kicking like omg powerful as hell! So it had to fully peak like 3 times that which sounds ludicrous to me. From literature I've Read 1500ng/dl from a 100mg cyp shot just doesn't really happen often. I am 31 and been on MMT for 4½yrs which is my best reasoning behind the low test cause it was fine pre MMT.
Anyways I asked the nurse if I could get my blood's again tomorrow Before my shot and she said absolutely. I'm gonna try and have my FT along with E2 checked. Because on day 4 my test felt like it fell off a cliff! I'm going to atleast see if I can't get an increase on dose then get my shot every 5th day, which seems like thats the better route concerning my pre peak lvls being so high.
Anyone have any advice before tomorrow or got any ideas on thing's I should go about differently?

Thanks, Shaun

Yes, try to get a test before the next shot.

You'd be very fortunate indeed if they offered to inject every 5th day... but what a pain to have to go in that often for an inject.

However if you have a more frequent injection schedule, you'd want a lower dose, not higher, to ensure it stay within physiological range as much as possible.