PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trouble with DMT extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexkickass89

Greenlighter
Hi. This is my first time posting. I have extracted dmt previously with no problems from mimosa hostilis root bark. However, after the DEA and FBI cracked down on all the mimosa sellers, I had to find a new source. I found a guy on alibaba that sells mimosa hostilis root bark extract powder whole sale for $10 per kilo. So I ordered a kilo. Once I got, I immediately noticed that it was yellow brown instead of the red brown that I got last time. It also smelled very weird. After I began the extraction process and shook the jar, I got a lot of foam and the naptha refuses the come up to the top. I was wondering if what I got wasn't actual mimosa hostilis root bark powder but some weird variation of it since it said it was "extract powder" instead of just regular powder.

How in the friggity fuck would any of us know what you ordered? Contact the dude you got it from and review the forum rules.

What you got was all the minerals and alkaloids and all that stuff inside the bark, rather than the bark itself.

You'll most likely have to change the extraction process next time. I mean it's not pure DMT, but the guy did some of the work for you.

Well, if you had any analytical equipment like a real lab, you'd be able to answer this question, wouldn't you?

Due diligence is required when dealing with East Asian countries, they are more than willing to take your money and ship you whatever floor sweepings they have around.

mimosa hostilis root bark extract powder whole sale for $10 per kilo

Whatever the hell that is. If it's any kind of extract, it's not going to be $10/kg.

How in the friggity fuck would any of us know what you ordered? Contact the dude you got it from and review the forum rules.

This

Well, if you had any analytical equipment like a real lab, you'd be able to answer this question, wouldn't you?

Due diligence is required when dealing with East Asian countries, they are more than willing to take your money and ship you whatever floor sweepings they have around.

qft /thread

see this (is that Eric's older brother?) and this

Thanks for the response. Can you give me any tips on how I would have to change the extraction process?

First off it is important that you realize if you buy some strange "extract" or something other then shredded bark you take a risk as like you said the entire lay out has changed. I think you fucked up in the very beginning as you do one of 2 things in your shoes, you either pay a premium for MHRB domestic from someone you found on your own or you stick with the acacia confusia and attempt to do a long extraction based on Defatting and a/b extractions.

I am sorry but the days of ordering powdered MHRB are completely over unless you get it from mexico directly. I not longer trust my contacts in mexico and have not ordered any MHRB since the ban because i have gotten ripped off before the ban.

You are attempting to extract a minor constitute of a bark which means you want fresh cuts only and you want the real deal. What you dont want to do is order already extracted or anything claiming to be better then the original. These days you really need to get shredded and you really need to put in the work. As others send not one can determine what you have period. If you have some strange powder from a foreign land no one can ID that, you cant even be sure it is a plant material at that point.

Stick with what is legal in this country and form relationships with vendors and you will get what you need. Act like you want to take the cheap and easy route and you get what you get. I understand it is no longer a point and click operation and you need more stuff to work with acacia but you will end up with something at some point. Might take a while for you to get a good source but youll get somewhere eventually. Good luck.

Hi there, we have no idea what you have so it's not productive to speculate advice and the like.

You could try adding a lot of salt to increase the polarity of the aqueous phase or try a different solvent?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.