• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Trouble sleeping is ruining my life help! please!

offmyrocker

Bluelighter
Dear Forum, I am not taking any other midicing and do not drink alcohol.

I cannot sleep 3 or 4 nights a week when my partner is away. I am never really awake during the day either. I need something that will just twitch off the ligts for me. I live in a noisy house and that can't change. My quality of life if very low right now.

I just got some zopiccline and took one last night. I sent me off alright for good night sleep. Ive treid 2 of them tonight. Lets see how that works.

Sometimes my partner comes home from a night shift and accidentlly wakes me so I am looking for a pill thta with relatively low does will sedate me entirely for the night, basically I don't want to be woken no matter what.

Any suggestions please? Life is unbearable right nw.

Mirtazipine,
Olanzapine,
Quetiapine,
Flubromazolam,
Clonazapam,
Hydroxyzine or any other similar 1st generation antihistamine.

Basically what you're looking for is most likely something that targets histamine like the above mentioned substances (bar the benzos). Histamine based sleeping aids tend to not only assist in getting to sleep but also with keeping you asleep. Downside is they often leave you groggy the next day until you adjust to them.

Low dose Quetiapine 25-50mg is commonly used as a sleep aid, and works pretty well for that. As the above poster said it also targets histamine receptors and will keep you asleep for the duration.

Mirtazipine,
Olanzapine,
Quetiapine,
Flubromazolam,
Clonazapam,

Basically what you're looking for is most likely something that targets histamine like the above mentioned substances (bar the benzos). Histamine based sleeping aids tend to not only assist in getting to sleep but also with keeping you asleep. Downside is they often leave you groggy the next day until you adjust to them.

Casually recommending one of the most potent benzos around as a sleep aid 🤯

Diphenhydramine
Promethazine
Valerian root
Melatonin

All require no prescription, are easily obtained offline and cheap!

Stay away from flubromazolam!

It works, it may not be desirable for various reasons but it does work.

Certainly does, i know from experience. But it is long lasting and extremely potent so is best reserved for the most advanced benzo users. Even then it's use its cautioned against.

Ive only ever smoked flubromazolam, and did so only a few times. I smoked maybe a few mg's and felt it strongly for around 18 hours. I ended up giving the baggy to girlfriend and told her to hide it. In powder form its like a weapons grade benzo.

Certainly does, i know from experience. But it is long lasting and extremely potent so is best reserved for the most advanced benzo users. Even then it's use its cautioned against.

Ive only ever smoked flubromazolam, and did so only a few times. I smoked maybe a few mg's and felt it strongly for around 18 hours. I ended up giving the baggy to girlfriend and told her to hide it. In powder form its like a weapons grade benzo.
For me when i managed to use it successfully (it causes strong dysphoria in me so things got dark and lead to my doing something stupid) it rendered me unconscious for a good 10+ hours, i felt the dysphoria for a couple days also.

I will say in hindsight i was listing things i knew to knock folks out, of which i should of been mindful of things like flubromazolam and how risky it can be. That is my bad.

Edit; i couldn't imagine having flubromazolam in powder form. Wow.
Pills were mental enough as is.

For me when i managed to use it successfully (it causes strong dysphoria in me so things got dark and lead to my doing something stupid) it rendered me unconscious for a good 10+ hours, i felt the dysphoria for a couple days also.

I will say in hindsight i was listing things i knew to knock folks out, of which i should of been mindful of things like flubromazolam and how risky it can be. That is my bad.

Edit; i couldn't imagine having flubromazolam in powder form. Wow.
Pills were mental enough as is.

Yeah in a moment of benzo clarity -- sometimes there is certain wisdom that comes to you in the depths of a benzo binge -- I told my girlfriend to take it from me and hide it. The bag contained a gram of the powder, probably a lifetime supply for me.

I also get benzo dysphoria, though the flubromazolam next day(s) dysphoria wasn't as bad as bromazolam.

Yeah in a moment of benzo clarity -- sometimes there is certain wisdom that comes to you in the depths of a benzo binge -- I told my girlfriend to take it from me and hide it. The bag contained a gram of the powder, probably a lifetime supply for me.

I also get benzo dysphoria, though the flubromazolam next day(s) dysphoria wasn't as bad as bromazolam.
Wow that's a lot to be rid of though it does sound like it was the right choice.

Never tried bromazolam, though so far every triazolo benzo has caused dysphoria.
All for the better more than likely.

Mirtazipine,
Olanzapine,
Quetiapine,
Flubromazolam,
Clonazapam,
Wut? Flubromazolam and Clonazolam are no good recommendations. And should you need benzos, there are other more suitable ones available, like temazepam, nitrazepam or in extreme cases, depending on where you life, flunitrazepam (actually surprised this benzo is so scarse/not used? in the english speeking world) or in some countries even midazolam or etizolam. But Clonazepam or Flubromazolam? Flubromazolam is just to potent and you'll have to get it off a dealer, not your doc. Clonazepam would work, but is really rather an antepileptic and you can feel that, though it is sometimes used for anxiety, it creates a strong "high", a "headload" feeling before the therapeutic effects set in and it lasts for more than one day. Not very good for sleep.
The other recommendations are better. Promethazine would be worh a try, you should be able to get it more easily then zopiclone. But if you have zopis already anyway and they work... why not?
If it's just the noise which keeps you awake, there is another solution; earplugs. Simple, no? Yes, they take some getting used to and you might at the beginning not be able to sleep bc of them but you'll learn to love them, trust me :) .

Melatonin

All require no prescription, (unless you are in Australia!)
I have been chewing 10mg of chewable Melatonin every work night before I lay down to sleep and must say that it is great. No groggy issues in the AM.

If it's just the noise which keeps you awake, there is another solution; earplugs. Simple, no? Yes, they take some getting used to and you might at the beginning not be able to sleep bc of them but you'll learn to love them, trust me :) .
Good advice, another option with the advantage of not having to rely on the plugs staying in. Is a white noise generator, produces the sound of rain continuously. Most of the time you can modify them, a CD on repeat is also an option.

Wut? Flubromazolam and Clonazolam are no good recommendations. And should you need benzos, there are other more suitable ones available, like temazepam, nitrazepam or in extreme cases, depending on where you life, flunitrazepam (actually surprised this benzo is so scarse/not used? in the english speeking world) or in some countries even midazolam or etizolam. But Clonazepam or Flubromazolam? Flubromazolam is just to potent and you'll have to get it off a dealer, not your doc. Clonazepam would work, but is really rather an antepileptic and you can feel that, though it is sometimes used for anxiety, it creates a strong "high", a "headload" feeling before the therapeutic effects set in and it lasts for more than one day. Not very good for sleep.
The other recommendations are better. Promethazine would be worh a try, you should be able to get it more easily then zopiclone. But if you have zopis already anyway and they work... why not?
I can assume you hadn't read ahead before posting this. We have covered the benzo aspect annndddd I did mention that I was just listing things rather than directly recommending things. Though seeing as you took the time to lecture me please read up on that. It would save me the time of having to repeat myself on the subject.

Speak for yourself about clonazapam my friend. I find it incredibly good for sleep. If only it wasn't a benzo as that's one of the few things that helps me sleep and hadn't left me feeling like a void mentally the next day. Shame on it being a benzo.

Thanks for the lecture though. 😉

Personally, I have found that overall, benzos are far more disruptive to quality, restorative sleep than one might believe when beginning to use them for that purpose. The problem is that they do, of course, assist in getting you to sleep, the same way that alcohol gets you to sleep as a CNS depressant, and we all know alcohol creates that trap for people that consume too much of it. In short, I find that being reliant on benzos for sleep, or in general, really gets you stuck in the loop of the initial chemical axiolysis, then rebound anxiety that appears to be even more intense than that which you were warring against in the first place.

I am just speaking for myself, but after using them on and off for some time, I really began to understand that benefits of not relying on them. In addition, I always find myself chasing pretty significant dysphoria that would usually be present in the morning, and even increased dysphoria between doses. This was always more true with me the higher the tolerance, of course, which is why I try to keep that low.

At this point, I have benzos available to me, but only use them occasionally and at low doses. Even with etiz, I usually keep it to .5 mg, with an occasional, additional .5 mg many hours later if I am just doing stuff around the house or whatever. I got stupid with Clon, Flubro, Flual, etc., at some point, and those, while they work, are far to problematic for regular use. Clon was the biggest nightmare, and I had to taper off after developing a tolerance, which was a nightmare. Weird pains in my hands, feet, tremors and uncontrollable shaking in my hands, cramping in my wrists and fingers, wicked headaches, and all manner of odd symptoms. And overall, I found the hard hitting RC "benzos" to be very dysphoric when the doses wore off, and in the end in general. Then you are stuck just looking for relief from the rebound anxiety and dysphoria that increases with tolerance.

So yeah...I find that having such things around for post-psychedelic come downs is really good, so I save them for that primarily. Other than that, I find the benzo pursuit akin to a dog chasing its tail. I get the inclination toward the pursuit, but I have learned for myself that in the end, I feel way better when not dependent on these chemicals. My sleep is far better, I recall dreams more vividly, I am less anxious overall, and I just feel far better. Like, markedly better even with daily, intermittent anxiety. I have just learned to understand and manage my anxiety far better not being on them. Way too much of a crutch for me, personally. In many ways, my take away from looking for relief through a chemical to be simply fantasy, as I have never found any drug to be anywhere near a viable solution for daily use for me, and I have done everything. Was a slave to opiates for quite a time, used psychedelics too much for many years, been through the benzo nightmare, smoked weed daily for years as well. Now, I have learned to live with intermittent use of THC, occasional psychs, no alcohol or opiates works best for me. And to be honest, I like being sober far more often than not, mostly because I am very busy and need to get lots of shit done in the real world. I had to go through hell to learn, but I sure am glad I did. What I really learned about benzos and me is that I actually contributed more to (or created) my "anxiety problem" by using benzos than by not doing so. I can say it is so because I feel way better not using them after hating being on them.

Anyway, to me, there is a sinister push to the harder hitting compounds that is fairly hard to deny if you use them too much, to any extent. Almost like a trade off for the axiolytic effects, we can experience a feeling of impending doom that becomes part of the pattern of use. Then, once we become dependent, the idea of not having them around provokes great fear and exaggerated anxiety that we are convinced can only be resolved by redosing, so we do. Then you are chasing the tolerance dragon which is when the fun really begins.

Dark, is the word I am looking for with the heavy hitters. I think Etizolam with its short half life is way more user friendly for obvious reasons, and I do not find the type of dysphoria with it that I found with Clon, Flubro, Flual. Again, keeping doses and tolerance low. These longer acting compounds just seemed to me to be too problematic unless you can keep the dosing and tolerance reasonable, which I know is the big challenge.
Just my two pennies worth...

Last edited:
Amazing for sleep…..

1) Clonidine 0.1mg tablet (half a scored tablet half hour before bed will do it. Whole pill if needed)
2) Valarian / Hops/ Passion Flower/ Melatonin
3) Zopiclone 7.5mg (half tablet would do it, whole if needed)
4) Diazepam, Trazadone, Lorazepam, etc (potent benzodiazepine & apologs)

It’s also advised to alternate between different substances not to build a tolerance to one drug

Clonidine 0.1mg is Amazing for sleep and as a potent anxiolytic

I've had sleep issues since I was 5 years old. I sleep with an eye mask and ear plugs at bad hours. I fall asleep from 2-6am without any technology or distractions. Laying awake in a dark room, staring at the ceiling until those times.

Melatonin had the paradoxical effect of waking me up at the slightest bit of light. 5:30am and stuck awake.
Z-drugs and benzos aren't sustainable, but the most reliable one for me was diazepam. normal doses (10-50mg) would leave me equally tired for the first 30 mins and it didn't seem to fall off.
Benadryl and hydroxyzine were great but I was concerned about hormonal effects and bloat. I always looked fat as shit in the morning. Had to take them 2 hours before desired sleep.
Trazadone was very dehydrating and quickly & permanently lost the sleep effects.
Opioids keep me awake for 6 hours. Paradoxical stimulation.
Caffeine 9 hours no sleep.
edit: weed makes me psychotic, only substance that does

simple answer that most don't want to hear is that cardio let me get away with 6 hours of sleep, and a CPAP machine also helped increase the efficacy of my sleep.

but ultimately, I was so tired of showing up to obligations at 8-9am feeling like absolute bullshit, zero sleep, and performing like crap that I just shifted my career path to a 24/7 industry and worked nights. Only a few offered comfortable pay and upward mobility.

A short acting benzo will do wonders, but you cannot use them every day, you need to leave a day between each dose, or more, you can take it multiple days in a row as long as you leave that amount of days between dosing courses. So like if you take it 2 days in a row, skip 2 days before taking any again. Benzos cause vicious dependence and horrible withdrawals so you have to be really regimented in not overusing them. But they are miraculous for sleep. Etizolam is ideal, but harder to find now. Bromazolam is good too, lasts a bit longer but a bit more addictive and makes me feel groggy and weird for a few hours after waking up.

Ambien or Lunesta work well for some people and it sounds like you've been prescribed them. They seem a little less dependence-forming than benzos (though they're similar drugs), so if that works for you, try sticking with it.

Valerian is really good for sleep. Kava can give you really good sleep although it doesn't make you fall asleep right away.