• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Trouble seeing or feeling veins

Etniexd

Greenlighter
I have ived several times before but the last couple times I can't see my veins or even feel them I have drank tons of water and done a lot of working out is there any other advice I can try to help me hit

Yea it comes with the territory swim poor arms are eat up with tracks so bad because swim determined to get a good dam . Hit

Not even with a tourniquet and my arms are bad cause I don't do it that often and always move to new sites

I put a heating pad on my arm on the highest heat setting for 10 minutes while squeezing a stress ball and still nothing

I have ived several times before but the last couple times I can't see my veins or even feel them I have drank tons of water and done a lot of working out is there any other advice I can try to help me hit
I know you said you've tried a hot rag but try a hot/warm shower. Sometimes when I'm really fatigued, I'll just sit in the bath tub with the hot shower running over me. For some reason, my skin seems pale when it's wet and the warmth brings my veins to the surface more. A normal warm shower should be enough though. I'm about to go try this right now....

Best of luck.

Never IV'd anything (on my own, though I've had Fentanyl + Midazolam three times before major shoulder surgeries) and my veins have always been difficult to find. When I was in in-patient detox last time, I was awoken in the middle ofy first night and poked repeatedly by the nurse, after 30 mins she gave up. Same when I was getting my IV for my third shoulder surgery, took the nurse 45 mins to put in my IV, I was bloody as hell and very uncomfortable; anesthesiologist finally showed up and did the job, then knocked me the F out.

I wonder if it's my general health or being a pack/day smoker or what.

Sorry if I got off topic