• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc TRIPTAMINE

amberdras

Greenlighter
TRIPTAMINE what effects does it have ?
is it enjoyable ?
How do you use it ?

I assume you’re talking about the unsubstituded tryptamine molecule, basically serotonin without the oxygen atom. I actually tried to find the answer to this myself and created a thread about it several years ago but unfortunately, no one was really sure. however, the main theory is that it would probably act as a serotonin releasing agent and non-selective serotonin receptor agonist. this means that potentially psychoactive doses would mainly produce severe negative effects, including peripheral vasoconstriction and high heart rate as well as hyperthermia(High body temperature) along with extreme anxiety, mental confusion and possible hallucinations. these are the symptoms of serotonin syndrome. it is very likely that tryptamine, being a trace Amine is a powerful endogenous modulator of the serotonin system, in the same way that The endogenous trace amine Phenylethylamine modulates the dopamine system.

Well there's a lot of chemists looking to design drugs that closely look like serotonin. Especially tryptamines because of the effect it has on serotonin. In some cases they want the molecule to look like serotonin itself. The only thing is that pure serotonin can produce serotonin sickness.

To begin there are a lot of substituted Tryptamines that look like serotonin. Such as para-Methoxy-5-Hydroxytryptamine, N-Methylserotonin, DMT, AMT, 5-MeO-DMT even Mushrooms which the active ingredient is 4-HO-DMT all are examples of substituted Tryptamines which closely look like serotonin and have Hallucinogenic effects. When someone is designing a tryptamine they try to keep it looking like serotonin as close as possible. Not just for it's Hallucinogenic effects, but it's euphoric effects as well. Sometimes though the substituted Tryptamine may have no effect if it isn't designed right. The chemical name for pure serotonin is 5-Hydroxytryptamine. People usually start their design from looking at serotonin and then figure out what they want to make of it.

I was looking at Methylene dioxy and I was looking at the serotonin molecule and i was wondering if they could go together. They go together on pen and paper , but I don't know if the molecules would work. If it were to be put together in real life, because I don't know if they would bind correctly. The molecule is a molecule of serotonin with one link to the left in which to the to left of that is a phenyl where to the left of that is a phenyl where to left of that is a methylene dioxy molecule.