View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping/Ritual Spaces

iksaxophone

Bluelighter
Next place I live I?m making a tripping room, a concept which I hope will eventually turn into a dedicated building for psychedelic use (in 10+ years). I want your suggestions!!
What makes a space good for tripping? Colours, textures, materials, etc.?
What furniture do you prefer? (there are some obvious ones here such as couches and bean bag chairs but I?d like to hear some unusual ideas)
What are your essential items you that you like to have nearby when tripping?

I?m putting this here because my primary concern is with psychedelic usage, and Drug Culture seems to mostly be about stims and opiates. That said, please move it around if it would be more appropriate somewhere else.

When I was living in a basement I made a trip to Value Village to grab all the softest blankets I could find. Put them up across all the walls so everything was fuzzy and patterned. Also got some coloured floodlights as for some reason the room had floodlight fixtures on rails across the ceiling. Would recommend. Lighting makes the biggest difference though for sure.

Lightning is definitely important. Lava lamps, candles, black lights, and Christmas lights are cool when tripping.

I'm not sure. I do enjoy glowsticks while tripping. So, perhaps you could incorporate some glow sticks. All in all, I personally prefer dimmish lighting. I'm sure it varies for everyone. While it's no biggie for me, flourescent lights are a bit "bright" for me while tripping. Overall, I don't really like bright lights while tripping. Doesn't bother me much, but certainly doesn't make for the best tripping environment for me anyways. So, I'd say dim lights.

To me, the coolest room possible while tripping....... and I must say the mere thought of looking at this while tripping sounds absolutely ecstatic....... a room with large glow sticks/lava lamps as lights. AND psychedelic artwork, especially that psychdelic meme you see with the woman holding an acid tab along with some psychedelic images/tapestries. Just completely cover the room with fractal style psychedelic artwork and light the entire room with glow sticks and lava lamps. Also, maybe have a projector or something that has subtle, dim lights that change constantly yet very slowly and gently. The glow sticks/lava lamps and the projector would need to be pretty dim though, like the level of lighting you'd see in a club or something sort of. Yet enough to see well. Since you obviously trip on a regular/semi regular basis if you're posting this, I'd say the best test to see if your psychedelic room would be awesome while tripping is to experiment and play around a bit and see what you see as a beautiful/fascinating space to trip in while you are tripping.

Oh, and I agree about the Christmas lights. That may be a different theme, but I feel like while tripping, it might be kind of cool to include the Christmas tree, maybe a mini one though. That would be great. I would really like that while tripping. This is just going on what I think would look best while tripping. And play soothing, calm music in the room that has meaningful lyrics that would be uplifting and likely to lead to a positive trip. Just my opinion, and I'm not tripping right now, so I would just experiment with things and see what makes for the best tripping room. I never paid much attention to the room, paid attention to the people I was around/the general setting but never the room aside from that I generally don't like bright lights, though I never really even paid a lot of attention to that....... but yeah, as far as interior decor for tripping I'd say bright lights are best avoided. IMO, the music that's being played is FAR more important than the room.

And you know what I KNOW would be amazing. Plush blankets would be AWESOME. There were times that I wore my Mom's plush sweatshirt while tripping......... because the plush feel of it was literally ecstatic while tripping. Just the texture of plush would be awesome while tripping. Truly amazing and beautiful. Unfortunately, I think my Mom thought that I was wearing her clothes because I was a crossdresser or something though. She didn't say anything but had an odd look on her face when she saw that I was wearing it. Wasn't anything like that though, just the fact that anything with that plush texture is just truly BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING while tripping =D IME, if something looks "cool" while high, there's a good chance that it will look absolutely beautiful and wondrous while tripping =D

Thanks Lands Unknown! ? Duly noted: no fluorescents, dim and warm lighting, lots of art, soft textures.

I like vintage 60s/70s style furniture. Candle lighting is also fun, I find useful for spurring imagination. Christmas light are a cheap, good option.

Candles can be good, I have to admit I?ve found the flickering to be a bit disorienting under some circumstances, though.

I particularly enjoy candles on dissos, but I've enjoyed them on other psychs as well. I like the way the lighting is minimal, my mind fills in the space much more easily.

I particularly enjoy candles on dissos, but I've enjoyed them on other psychs as well. I like the way the lighting is minimal, my mind fills in the space much more easily.

Never thought of this but sounds like a great idea. I just got one of those light projectors that refract RGB patterns onto your walls. I've already knocked it over more than a few times even though it's in the corner of my room :/ maybe candles aren't a good idea for me haha.

The projector adds great atmosphere but it can definitely get too intense, especially on certain settings which strobe at times. I put a lampshade over it though so it just looks like a funky lamp that changes colours. Pretty enjoyable and the shade created an obscured, web-like area of light which is great for staring at while tripping. Also the way the light reflects off the walls can be really cool if you look at it in the right way, you can see the internals of the projector moving around which is super satisfying. Lots of enjoyment from a <$20 device

Funny, my tripping space is often an ~8'x10', sparkling granite cave overlooking a beautiful mountain valley. I usually dose at a nearby trailhead and am coming up by the time I arrive at the small near vertical section leading up to the cave that keeps the vast majority of others away. I can't imagine creating a superior space to that indoors. The only real bad thing is the common presence of rattlesnakes.

Strangely, i havent ever found many things particularly repeatable in terms of tripping 'enjoyable environments, substrates, visuals, scenarios'.

Candles are cool, especially when used in conjunction with something naturally distorting light. Such as through adesk fan.
I once tripped with three friends in an empty unit, with three chairs, two pairs of sunglasses and one computer. We made a lot of stuff up, developed and understood games, and generally pushed some boundaries somewhat safely.

I havent ever really enjoyed tactile sensations from psychedelics.
Actually i did once, after 21 subaeruginosa psilocybe shrooms, in one night, spaced over couple of hours, i was very, very fascinated by mud. ( or sticky grass as i termed it)
I also remember one distinct audio experience, on 16mg 2c-e. I could actually here the electricity of a transformer on an overhead powerline. So could my partner. Wont know to this day if we heard electricity or if it was producing a hum from some fault.

Lastly, creating some drinks of cordial and dyed water to mimic cordial to taste endlessly and compare was simple but fun. Or, try making a risotto, we ended up with one containing spam! (Ive never known spam to be in my house before this or after this....)
My point is, less can be more in a trip scenario. Specific rooms and objects arent needed if one creative and plans a bit.

Idea is cool, but planning trips can be very rewarding and fulfilling

Anonymous Dissiden, that granite cave thing is very appealing to me, and seems similar to the sort of place I want to find/build.
Wiserthanearlier, I see what you?re saying and I do agree that a specific place is not required for a good trip. Perhaps what I?m looking for is not a static space but a manipulable space that is ideal for facilitating the creative work you?re talking about.